Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
tacks week pre/post game talk

(09-14-2017, 07:15 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 12:49 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: I expect it to be fun to watch. Tennessee's OL is not a group of world beaters.

Well that is quite myopic.  They just played the reigning defensive player of the year in Mack and held him to a very pedestrian day.  No sacks.  Irvin another seasoned DE also got shut out.   The Jags front four had a good day in Houston but the circumstances were more than favorable for that front four.  Last time the Jags took it to TN and the time before that TN destroyed the Jags.  

I have a sense this game is going be very physical and the best QB will come with a W.  I think TN has to feel good about that considering what Bortles has become.  Founette yards per carry was pedestrian.  26 for 100 is not even 4 a carry.  He got that to protect the Jags from throwing the ball because of the Bortles issues.  

Jax has never covered Walker well and they cannot load the box as they have tried the last few times to TN because TN weapons outside are a lot better.  Their pass D is better and I think their ST is a lot better than Jax especially the kicking game.  I think because it is a rivalry division game it will be tight until halftime but I have a sense the QB and ST will be a big factor in the second half.  Jax was able to play man against Houston and if they try that with Mariota he will have a 100 yards rushing the ball.  Marrone knows better.  Jax will be playing a lot of coverage this week.  TN is not Houston and TN OL is a significant upgrade to the mess Houston put on the field last week.  I'll go out on a limb and say I dont think the Jags front four will sniff Mariota this week.  I still expect a tight game but I think the separtion is going to happen because of the QB's and ST.  This is the biggest difference between both teams.   I also hope to see no injuries.  I am an LSU fan and love Fournette but i dont think he'll be a big factor in this game.  Jax will have to expose Bortles to the pass to win this one.  And if they do then turnovers are a big issue.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Just ready realized Oakland doesn't even have a good back 7. All I can say is be prepared to be a witness Sunday

TN can stop the run. Oak OL and RB is a lot better than Jax. If you think you're going to win running 45 times be my guest. I like those odds. You DL has one new guy starting. The rest are the same. The game in TN was as big a beat down as the the one last year in Jax. For me last yr is last year. Jax had a great week one. TN played decent and played an elite AFC team. We'll see it on the field and then talk. I like Mariota over Bortles 100 out of 100 times against any defense.
You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response. 

I think the Titans win a very close game. I feel a Titans/Jags takeover of this division, and this rivalry needs another Titans win.
Hey, remember when i said playing in Jax was like another home game for us? I shouldn't have. Eddie made me

(09-14-2017, 08:29 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN can stop the run.  Oak OL and RB is a lot better than Jax.  If you think you're going to win running 45 times be my guest.  I like those odds.  You DL has one new guy starting.  The rest are the same.  The game in TN was as big a beat down as the the one last year in Jax.  For me last yr is last year.  Jax had a great week one.  TN played decent and played an elite AFC team.  We'll see it on the field and then talk.  I like Mariota over Bortles 100 out of 100 times against any defense.Jags defense is better than the Raiders defense.  
TN fans seem focused on the Jags OL but the real tale of this game is the Jag's defense which is better than the Raiders defense.  And while you managed 350 yards against them, let's face it, a good chunk of that was during garbage time.  Mariota is a good running QB but not a great pocket passer.  While you may slow down the Jags running game, you're passing game will have a tough go against the Jags DBs.  Jags have the intangibles too coming back home after the events over the weekend with TN having to travel back from the west coast after getting trashed by the Raiders.  This game has the potential to be a blowout but I think TN is good enough to keep it within 10 points or so.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Mariota is not elite lol. I'll take Bortles. You'll get to see it up close and personal this weekend. Houston fans had to accept it after the shock of losing big. Tacks fans will get their chance to see it as well.

(09-14-2017, 08:45 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 08:29 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: TN can stop the run.  Oak OL and RB is a lot better than Jax.  If you think you're going to win running 45 times be my guest.  I like those odds.  You DL has one new guy starting.  The rest are the same.  The game in TN was as big a beat down as the the one last year in Jax.  For me last yr is last year.  Jax had a great week one.  TN played decent and played an elite AFC team.  We'll see it on the field and then talk.  I like Mariota over Bortles 100 out of 100 times against any defense.Jags defense is better than the Raiders defense.  
TN fans seem focused on the Jags OL but the real tale of this game is the Jag's defense which is better than the Raiders defense.  And while you managed 350 yards against them, let's face it, a good chunk of that was during garbage time.  Mariota is a good running QB but not a great pocket passer.  While you may slow down the Jags running game, you're passing game will have a tough go against the Jags DBs.  Jags have the intangibles too coming back home after the events over the weekend with TN having to travel back from the west coast after getting trashed by the Raiders.  This game has the potential to be a blowout but I think TN is good enough to keep it within 10 points or so.

They were trashed at home by the Raiders.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 09:14 PM by Etdavis2006.)

These cats are hilarious. They got spanked at home and they are confident they will get a win on the road against team that just smashed a playoff team. They will get a huge dose of reality Sunday.

(09-14-2017, 09:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 08:45 PM)hb1148 Wrote: TN fans seem focused on the Jags OL but the real tale of this game is the Jag's defense which is better than the Raiders defense.  And while you managed 350 yards against them, let's face it, a good chunk of that was during garbage time.  Mariota is a good running QB but not a great pocket passer.  While you may slow down the Jags running game, you're passing game will have a tough go against the Jags DBs.  Jags have the intangibles too coming back home after the events over the weekend with TN having to travel back from the west coast after getting trashed by the Raiders.  This game has the potential to be a blowout but I think TN is good enough to keep it within 10 points or so.

They were trashed at home by the Raiders.

Good gravy, you're right.  I thought at least they had the decency to get smacked down on the road.   Laughing
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Going to be 86 degrees. Thats some good fishing weather. Maybe me and kerry will catch the game first. Whats garrard doing this sun?

(09-15-2017, 12:23 AM)Jeff.Fisher Wrote: Going to be 86 degrees. That's some good fishing weather. Maybe me and kerry will catch the game first. What's Garrard doing this sun?

That would make it good pineapple picking weather too. Tongue

Battle for the division certainly appears to be between our Jags and the worthless, abhorrent, despised, stinkin tacks.

Let's rip their hearts out. Then stomp on them. Then stomp on their hearts. Then stomp on them again.

In all seriousness, I said last week it'd be a measuring stick game in terms of physicality, I think the same holds true this week. If we out-physical the Texans and Titans, I like the outlook going forward. Tenn is known for their physical play. Let's punch em in the mouth and fully announce we're back.

Also love having the Ravens week 3. Couldn't ask for 3 more physical teams to start the season.

If we can somehow endure the onslaught of tough-minded teams to start, I think we can breeze through much of our favorable schedule this year. Just my 2 cents. Go Jags, and no injuries on either side. Let's beat em at their best.

Listen up. As a former head coach i can honestly tell you the Titans and Jags will play this sunday.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017, 08:54 AM by Bullseye.)

(09-15-2017, 01:22 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: Battle for the division certainly appears to be between our Jags and the worthless, abhorrent, despised, stinkin tacks.

Let's rip their hearts out.  Then stomp on them.  Then stomp on their hearts.  Then stomp on them again.

In all seriousness, I said last week it'd be a measuring stick game in terms of physicality, I think the same holds true this week.  If we out-physical the Texans and Titans, I like the outlook going forward.  Tenn is known for their physical play.  Let's punch em in the mouth and fully announce we're back.

Also love having the Ravens week 3.  Couldn't ask for 3 more physical teams to start the season.

If we can somehow endure the onslaught of tough-minded teams to start, I think we can breeze through much of our favorable schedule this year.  Just my 2 cents.  Go Jags, and no injuries on either side.  Let's beat em at their best.

Don't forget loathsome and detestable.

I agree completely.

While the first three games pose a challenge, they also present opportunity.

Fortunately, Marrone ran a physical camp, so the team overall is better prepared to play a physical game, more than at any time during the Bradley tenure.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-13-2017, 11:11 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 11:05 AM)Thaddeus43 Wrote: Last time he took the field he was 11of 21 for 125 yards ...

And won the game...

https://youtu.be/b5-iJUuPWis

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2017, 07:42 AM by Mowerguy.)

Looking forward to a nice LOUD 'BANK this sunday.  Banana
Every third will wreck 'em   Confused
The stinkin' tacks won't stand a chance.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Mike Kaye selects some good matchups to watch in this game:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sports/nfl.../475145122

Tacks fans have got to be at least a little disappointed over last year's draft.

In the year after snagging Mariota, the tacks were able to trade down in 2016 and accumulate a bunch of picks from Philadelphia.

Eventually they parlayed the first round pick into Jack Conklin-an admittedly good pick.

However, the second round was not so good to them. They drafted DE Kevin Dodd and switched him to OLB, and DL Austin Johnson out of Penn State. However, neither Dodd nor Johnson are starters.

In the interest of full disclosure, I liked their approach to the draft as it unfolded. I liked the dedication to the trenches and establishing and identity of being a run the ball/stop the run kind of team. I liked Dodd as a prospect-albeit as a 4-3 DE and not an OLB.

But I have to think those two guys not starting has to sting a bit, considering they were 2nd round choices. What mitigates the suffering is you still have Orakpo and Jurrell Casey playing the spots those two would likely play.

What say you, tack fans? What's your take on Dodd and Johnson? Are you disappointed in them?

(09-15-2017, 12:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Tacks fans have got to be at least a little disappointed over last year's draft.

In the year after snagging Mariota, the tacks were able to trade down in 2016 and accumulate a bunch of picks from Philadelphia.

Eventually they parlayed the first round pick into Jack Conklin-an admittedly good pick.

However, the second round was not so good to them. They drafted DE Kevin Dodd and switched him to OLB, and DL Austin Johnson out of Penn State. However, neither Dodd nor Johnson are starters.

In the interest of full disclosure, I liked their approach to the draft as it unfolded. I liked the dedication to the trenches and establishing and identity of being a run the ball/stop the run kind of team. I liked Dodd as a prospect-albeit as a 4-3 DE and not an OLB.

But I have to think those two guys not starting has to sting a bit, considering they were 2nd round choices. What mitigates the suffering is you still have Orakpo and Jurrell Casey playing the spots those two would likely play.

What say you, tack fans? What's your take on Dodd and Johnson? Are you disappointed in them?
Titans have been terrible at hitting on 2nd round picks for as long as I can remember, through several GMs:

- 2016: Dodd & Johnson
- 2015: DGB
- 2014: Bishop Sankey
- 2013: Justin Hunter
- 2012: Zach Brown (sadly, probably the best of the bunch)
etc., etc., etc.

You have to go back to 2005 with Michael Roos to find an actual stud we got in the 2nd. Luckily we didn't have a 2nd this year lol.

Dodd is pretty much public enemy #1 amongst our fan base right now. Everyone thinks the guy is a turd. Rightfully so.

(09-15-2017, 01:05 PM)SDM Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 12:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Tacks fans have got to be at least a little disappointed over last year's draft.

However, the second round was not so good to them.  They drafted DE Kevin Dodd and switched him to OLB, and DL Austin Johnson out of Penn State.  However, neither Dodd nor Johnson are starters.

In the interest of full disclosure, I liked their approach to the draft as it unfolded.  I liked the dedication to the trenches and establishing and identity of being a run the ball/stop the run kind of team.  I liked Dodd as a prospect-albeit as a 4-3 DE and not an OLB.

But I have to think those two guys not starting has to sting a bit, considering they were 2nd round choices.  What mitigates the suffering is you still have Orakpo and Jurrell Casey playing the spots those two would likely play.

What say you, tack fans?  What's your take on Dodd and Johnson?  Are you disappointed in them?
Titans have been terrible at hitting on 2nd round picks for as long as I can remember, through several GMs:

- 2016: Dodd & Johnson
- 2015: DGB
- 2014: Bishop Sankey
- 2013: Justin Hunter
- 2012: Zach Brown (sadly, probably the best of the bunch)
etc., etc., etc.

You have to go back to 2005 with Michael Roos to find an actual stud we got in the 2nd.  Luckily we didn't have a 2nd this year lol.  

Dodd is pretty much public enemy #1 amongst our fan base right now.  Everyone thinks the guy is a turd.  Rightfully so.

Why?

What's he done/not done?

I don't recall him getting in any off field trouble.

What's going on with Johnson?  Why do you think he has not ascended into starting?