Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence Discussion (merged)

(09-19-2022, 10:45 AM)CTEisREAL Wrote: This was Trevor's best NFL game.  No doubt about it.  Now he needs to string some more together.  The Clots DL is horrible in pass rush so the table was set, but it was clear Trevor looked decisive yesterday and he got the ball out fast.

Their dline is not horrible in pass rush.  Yawn, Paye, and Buckner are all good pass rushers

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-19-2022, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 10:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Okay let me stop you, right there big boy. My original take on Trevor prior to him joining the jags was that he was overrated, and he was. I would have still drafted him at 1 that year because regardless of how over hyped i thought he was, he still was the qb in that class with the most potential.  My entire issue with him wasnt even the guy himself, it was everyone in the world trying to tell me this guy was the next andrew luck.. when i heard that i got extremely curious and watched every single drop back he took at clemson. He overall played well, but for the most part what i saw was a gifted physical specimen bullying less talented teams, and aside from the first alabama game he struggled against equal competition. He had and still has accuracy inconsistencies and he makes decisions that i cant understand.

I never said he was horrendous, you are putting words in my mouth by chosing to ignore context. The post of me saying that word, was a reaction in a game day thread when he threw over the head of a wide open wr in the endzone where i said “that was horrendus”

Furthermore i do admit, i do sometimes try to stoke the fire a bit on this forum specifically to rile you and the other moderator up because its funny. But the truth is yesterday he played a much improved game and gave us some hope that hes turning the corner. You may think i dont like the jaguars because of my harsh critics of goldy locks but the truth is im just tired of caving into the mediocrity of this team. I tried to convince myself every year that blaine was gonna turn it around, same with blake and even with minshew… i did the same thing you do and ignore all the bad and say well he did this one thing well so maybe it will workout. 

I have no more patience for this team, i want to see winning football again. For the time being, it looks like were on the right track so fingers crossed

Now jokes aside, i really hope trevor can get a w against herbert this week because this is his first test against an elite qb…

There you go again. "You" think he's overrated so everyone else is wrong. You don't think he's the next Andrew Luck so everyone else is wrong. Then you try to make some janky comparison that isn't close to apples to apples to prove your point. Then you double down and try to defend your flawed reasoning. Then you try to say you're just trolling everyone when even you can no longer swallow your bull [BLEEP]? We're not riled up at you, we're mocking you. And you've certainly earned it.
Again, like usual you are wrong.

I said he was inaccurate prior to him being drafted, he had a very poor 59% cmp pct his rookie year, solidifying that.

I said he makes questionable decisions throwing the ball, he lead the league in interceptions and had a measley 12 tds.

I said he chokes in big moments

He fell flat at the end of the bengals game last year and let them come back from a game long deficit and beat us.

I said hes overrated, he was proclaimed to be a savior type qb that could turn around a franchise, he proceeded to be worse than the guy he replaced was in his rookie year. 

You are riled up, you hate what im saying so much but you know its true and the only thing you can do is sit in denial and hope that trevor has one good game so you can say “i told ya so” lmao

You are an absolute clown

(09-19-2022, 12:20 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 11:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There you go again. "You" think he's overrated so everyone else is wrong. You don't think he's the next Andrew Luck so everyone else is wrong. Then you try to make some janky comparison that isn't close to apples to apples to prove your point. Then you double down and try to defend your flawed reasoning. Then you try to say you're just trolling everyone when even you can no longer swallow your bull [BLEEP]? We're not riled up at you, we're mocking you. And you've certainly earned it.
Again, like usual you are wrong.

I said he was inaccurate prior to him being drafted, he had a very poor 59% cmp pct his rookie year, solidifying that.

I said he makes questionable decisions throwing the ball, he lead the league in interceptions and had a measley 12 tds.

He fell flat at the end of the bengals game last year and let them come back from a game long deficit and beat us.

I said hes overrated, he was proclaimed to be a savior type qb that could turn around a franchise, he proceeded to be worse than the guy he replaced was in his rookie year. 

You are riled up, you hate what im saying so much but you know its true and the only thing you can do is sit in denial and hope that trevor has one good game so you can say “i told ya so” lmao

Did you think that turn around was going to happen in year 1 under Urban Meyer? Come on man.

He is, in fact, turning this franchise around.

(09-19-2022, 12:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:20 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Again, like usual you are wrong.

Did you think that turn around was going to happen in year 1 under Urban Meyer? Come on man.

Lol Doug Pederson is turning this team around, the defense won the game yesterday. When it was in trevors hands against the commanders he choked and threw a pick.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 12:43 PM by RicoTx.)

(09-19-2022, 12:36 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Did you think that turn around was going to happen in year 1 under Urban Meyer? Come on man.

Lol Doug Pederson is turning this team around, the defense won the game yesterday. When it was in trevors hands against the commanders he choked and threw a pick.

We’ll, if nothing else you’re consistent.  An idiot.  But nonetheless consistent.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-19-2022, 12:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Did you think that turn around was going to happen in year 1 under Urban Meyer? Come on man.

Question for you. Do you think Joe Burrow is a good QB?

(09-19-2022, 10:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 08:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: No

He did not play as you predicted. 

You simply are too stupid to evaluate his rookie year performance while factoring in the clown show he was saddled with. 
Instead of being smart enough to recognize his moments of great play as a rookie as precursors to his ability in a better situation, you chose to seek out anything that would support your feeble draft prospect evaluation.

If you had been as smart as you seem to think you are after he was drafted, you'd have just said "here are some weaknesses in Trevor's game that I think will take time to overcome in the NFL." 

But you didn't. You called him horrendous, the worst in the league, you insulted every fan here who disagreed with you repeatedly. At year's end last season you said you saw no reason for hope.  You repeatedly tried to assign blame to him for mistakes that were in no way his fault, and now you continue to double down on your terrible takes even though, week after week, he's putting lots of good reps on tape now that he has competent receivers, coaching, and play calling + a full offseason of work as the #1 with said coaches. 

He's doing exactly what your detractors said he'd do -  and your troll job is resembling a vaudevillian performance of spinning plates as you scramble to keep them all from crashing to the stage and shattering. 

Here's a hint: They are all gonna break. Just give up. You were spectacularly wrong.
Okay let me stop you, right there big boy. My original take on Trevor prior to him joining the jags was that he was overrated, and he was. I would have still drafted him at 1 that year because regardless of how over hyped i thought he was, he still was the qb in that class with the most potential.  My entire issue with him wasnt even the guy himself, it was everyone in the world trying to tell me this guy was the next andrew luck.. when i heard that i got extremely curious and watched every single drop back he took at clemson. He overall played well, but for the most part what i saw was a gifted physical specimen bullying less talented teams, and aside from the first alabama game he struggled against equal competition. He had and still has accuracy inconsistencies and he makes decisions that i cant understand.

I never said he was horrendous, you are putting words in my mouth by chosing to ignore context. The post of me saying that word, was a reaction in a game day thread when he threw over the head of a wide open wr in the endzone where i said “that was horrendus”

Furthermore i do admit, i do sometimes try to stoke the fire a bit on this forum specifically to rile you and the other moderator up because its funny. But the truth is yesterday he played a much improved game and gave us some hope that hes turning the corner. You may think i dont like the jaguars because of my harsh critics of goldy locks but the truth is im just tired of caving into the mediocrity of this team. I tried to convince myself every year that blaine was gonna turn it around, same with blake and even with minshew… i did the same thing you do and ignore all the bad and say well he did this one thing well so maybe it will workout. 

I have no more patience for this team, i want to see winning football again. For the time being, it looks like were on the right track so fingers crossed

Now jokes aside, i really hope trevor can get a w against herbert this week because this is his first test against an elite qb…

He’s telling everyone over and over again how he makes his evaluations which is purely on stat lines (notice how often he quotes them) and now above by playing the odds because he held out hope for Bortles and Gabbert too long.  This is what someone does when they have no idea what they’re looking at on Sunday which is fine.  I would venture a guess that most fans don’t really know what they’re looking at other than the end result of the play and end result of the game and the vast majority don’t go back and re-watch games to evaluate.  So no problem with where he’s coming from, it’s the emotional investment in such a bad take, the constant back and forth of doubling down and then hedging not long after and the inflated level of self importance that are the problems.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 01:47 PM by ChrisJagBoy.)

(09-19-2022, 01:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 10:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Okay let me stop you, right there big boy. My original take on Trevor prior to him joining the jags was that he was overrated, and he was. I would have still drafted him at 1 that year because regardless of how over hyped i thought he was, he still was the qb in that class with the most potential.  My entire issue with him wasnt even the guy himself, it was everyone in the world trying to tell me this guy was the next andrew luck.. when i heard that i got extremely curious and watched every single drop back he took at clemson. He overall played well, but for the most part what i saw was a gifted physical specimen bullying less talented teams, and aside from the first alabama game he struggled against equal competition. He had and still has accuracy inconsistencies and he makes decisions that i cant understand.

He’s telling everyone over and over again how he makes his evaluations which is purely on stat lines (notice how often he quotes them) and now above by playing the odds because he held out hope for Bortles and Gabbert too long.  This is what someone does when they have no idea what they’re looking at on Sunday which is fine.  I would venture a guess that most fans don’t really know what they’re looking at other than the end result of the play and end result of the game and the vast majority don’t go back and re-watch games to evaluate.  So no problem with where he’s coming from, it’s the emotional investment in such a bad take, the constant back and forth of doubling down and then hedging not long after and the inflated level of self importance that are the problems.
So you think my evaluation of him from clemson, was based on his rookie stats that happened months and months after i posted my opinion? If i went purely off stats from clemson then i would have been excited and pumped about him dont u think? Also holding out hope for blake n blaine wasnt me thinking they were good, it was just me hoping our team would win and being a good little fan. Iv linked the thread i made on my old acct the day after we drafted bortles where i said i dont like him and dont understand why we took him, and the same sheep on this board were defending him the same way they defend trevor with blind homerism

(09-19-2022, 01:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

So you think my evaluation of him from clemson, was based on his rookie stats that happened months and months after i posted my opinion? If i went purely off stats from clemson then i would have been excited and pumped about him dont u think? Also holding out hope for blake n blaine wasnt me thinking they were good, it was just me hoping our team would win and being a good little fan. Iv linked the thread i made on my old acct the day after we drafted bortles where i said i dont like him and dont understand why we took him, and the same sheep on this board were defending him the same way they defend trevor with blind homerism

(09-19-2022, 10:59 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 08:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: No

He did not play as you predicted. 

You simply are too stupid to evaluate his rookie year performance while factoring in the clown show he was saddled with. 
Instead of being smart enough to recognize his moments of great play as a rookie as precursors to his ability in a better situation, you chose to seek out anything that would support your feeble draft prospect evaluation.

If you had been as smart as you seem to think you are after he was drafted, you'd have just said "here are some weaknesses in Trevor's game that I think will take time to overcome in the NFL." 

But you didn't. You called him horrendous, the worst in the league, you insulted every fan here who disagreed with you repeatedly. At year's end last season you said you saw no reason for hope.  You repeatedly tried to assign blame to him for mistakes that were in no way his fault, and now you continue to double down on your terrible takes even though, week after week, he's putting lots of good reps on tape now that he has competent receivers, coaching, and play calling + a full offseason of work as the #1 with said coaches. 

He's doing exactly what your detractors said he'd do -  and your troll job is resembling a vaudevillian performance of spinning plates as you scramble to keep them all from crashing to the stage and shattering. 

Here's a hint: They are all gonna break. Just give up. You were spectacularly wrong.
Okay let me stop you, right there big boy. My original take on Trevor prior to him joining the jags was that he was overrated, and he was. I would have still drafted him at 1 that year because regardless of how over hyped i thought he was, he still was the qb in that class with the most potential.  My entire issue with him wasnt even the guy himself, it was everyone in the world trying to tell me this guy was the next andrew luck.. when i heard that i got extremely curious and watched every single drop back he took at clemson. He overall played well, but for the most part what i saw was a gifted physical specimen bullying less talented teams, and aside from the first alabama game he struggled against equal competition. He had and still has accuracy inconsistencies and he makes decisions that i cant understand.

Just to address the first line of disingenuous bull [BLEEP] here:

If your initial "evaluation" was only that he was overrated, this board wouldn't be littered with dozens of instances where you try to tell us "I tried to tell you how bad he was!" Each time he throws an incimplete pass. 

You must literally have [BLEEP] coming out of your ears you are so full of it.

And you have contradicted yourself so many times with this pitiful backpedaling, it must be hard for you to keep up with your lies.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 02:13 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-19-2022, 01:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 01:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He’s telling everyone over and over again how he makes his evaluations which is purely on stat lines (notice how often he quotes them) and now above by playing the odds because he held out hope for Bortles and Gabbert too long.  This is what someone does when they have no idea what they’re looking at on Sunday which is fine.  I would venture a guess that most fans don’t really know what they’re looking at other than the end result of the play and end result of the game and the vast majority don’t go back and re-watch games to evaluate.  So no problem with where he’s coming from, it’s the emotional investment in such a bad take, the constant back and forth of doubling down and then hedging not long after and the inflated level of self importance that are the problems.

(09-19-2022, 01:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: He’s telling everyone over and over again how he makes his evaluations which is purely on stat lines (notice how often he quotes them) and now above by playing the odds because he held out hope for Bortles and Gabbert too long.  This is what someone does when they have no idea what they’re looking at on Sunday which is fine.  I would venture a guess that most fans don’t really know what they’re looking at other than the end result of the play and end result of the game and the vast majority don’t go back and re-watch games to evaluate.  So no problem with where he’s coming from, it’s the emotional investment in such a bad take, the constant back and forth of doubling down and then hedging not long after and the inflated level of self importance that are the problems.

You just said you would have taken him number 1 in one of the deepest classes in recent memory.  You would have taken him number 1 but you wasn't excited about him?   Lol,  if you take a guy number 1 you better be excited about him.

Ya'll being played lolol
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 02:21 PM by scottyg.)

We didn't play Washington yesterday.  Yesterday, Trevor was nearly perfect and had complete control of the game.  Did you happen to check out the box score at the end of the 3rd?  Jags had a 2-1 edge in time of possession and more than a 2-1 edge in yardage gained.  The defense can't do that by itself, and I didn't see Pederson on the field making any completions.  And considering the running game averaged under 3 yards a carry (take away the 37 yarder by Robinson, and they averaged 1.6 yards) yesterday as a team, it was pretty much all Lawrence and the passing game.

If you are expecting complete perfection before you will give Trevor any due, I guess you'll never have to give it to him.  But then, there isn't a QB that's ever played that would be good enough for you either.

(09-19-2022, 02:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Ya'll being played lolol

Pretty much, right?  Has to be a joke by now.

....so you allege that if we had Mike Glennon slingin passes yesterday, we'd have won just as handily?

Keep digging. maybe you'll strike oil. Or raw sewage.

(09-19-2022, 02:54 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:36 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol Doug Pederson is turning this team around, the defense won the game yesterday. When it was in trevors hands against the commanders he choked and threw a pick.

....so you allege that if we had Mike Glennon slingin passes yesterday, we'd have won just as handily?

Keep digging. maybe you'll strike oil. Or raw sewage.

Oh he hit the septic tank many months ago. Now he's just bathing in it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I can't believe they don't see that.

(09-19-2022, 02:20 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 12:36 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Lol Doug Pederson is turning this team around, the defense won the game yesterday. When it was in trevors hands against the commanders he choked and threw a pick.

We didn't play Washington yesterday.  Yesterday, Trevor was nearly perfect and had complete control of the game.  Did you happen to check out the box score at the end of the 3rd?  Jags had a 2-1 edge in time of possession and more than a 2-1 edge in yardage gained.  The defense can't do that by itself, and I didn't see Pederson on the field making any completions.  And considering the running game averaged under 3 yards a carry (take away the 37 yarder by Robinson, and they averaged 1.6 yards) yesterday as a team, it was pretty much all Lawrence and the passing game.

If you are expecting complete perfection before you will give Trevor any due, I guess you'll never have to give it to him.  But then, there isn't a QB that's ever played that would be good enough for you either.

Pretty much, right?  Has to be a joke by now.

The running game did not produce much yards, but, the called runs still kept the Colts' D honest.  It's better for any QB that way, not a knock on Trevor at all.  We have Robinson and we should make defenses adjust to him.

Jim Kelly was famous for asking his coach to call more runs, even when the run wasn't getting large numbers of yards.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-19-2022, 02:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-19-2022, 01:47 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: So you think my evaluation of him from clemson, was based on his rookie stats that happened months and months after i posted my opinion? If i went purely off stats from clemson then i would have been excited and pumped about him dont u think? Also holding out hope for blake n blaine wasnt me thinking they were good, it was just me hoping our team would win and being a good little fan. Iv linked the thread i made on my old acct the day after we drafted bortles where i said i dont like him and dont understand why we took him, and the same sheep on this board were defending him the same way they defend trevor with blind homerism

You just said you would have taken him number 1 in one of the deepest classes in recent memory.  You would have taken him number 1 but you wasn't excited about him?   Lol,  if you take a guy number 1 you better be excited about him.

There were other players i thought were better in that class, but not qbs and we desperately needed a qb.

(09-19-2022, 03:31 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I can't believe they don't see that.

I'm pretty sure everyone sees it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: iw0rfoazduo91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...c8bc7fbf67]