Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Booze Thread

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 12:44 AM by KodiakJag.)

(12-20-2020, 10:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Many moons ago I remember a black licorice liquor with an Italian name that was in a tall triangular bottle and amber colored.

In Navy A school a few of us went out shopping and then ended up in an Italian restaurant/bar doing shots of this stuff. We practically carried one guy back and set him on the floor of his room with his back against the wall. We were getting him to drink some water and waiting for him to sober up a little before he hit the rack. He was talking one second and then leaned over and threw up into a pair of brand new $100 sneakers he purchased that day. He only wore them once to try on and they still had the tags attached.

This kind of stuff sounds all too familiar.  What A school and what year, if I might ask?

I was in ET A school (nuke field) back in '87 in Orlando, class 8732.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2021, 04:53 PM by The Drifter.)

Gonna Be a Moosehead Monday Night........

Grab a Moose, and get Loose.......
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

I'm lifting a celebratory glass to the Jaguars good fortunes this evening. Won't you all join me?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-04-2021, 06:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm lifting a celebratory glass to the Jaguars good fortunes this evening. Won't you all join me?

I started early.

Saturday.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-04-2021, 06:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm lifting a celebratory glass to the Jaguars good fortunes this evening. Won't you all join me?

A Toast to the Good Times Ahead!
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(01-04-2021, 06:25 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

I started early.

Saturday.

I had to stop long enough to work today. That ended a bender that lasted from Christmas Eve until January whatever yesterday was. Now it's about time to start up again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Glass lifted.

...OK, it was a 12 oz can, but it still counts.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 10:18 PM by The Drifter.)

Having a MIller High Life and snacking on Pork Rinds......... Life is good

Templeton Rye was $10 off at my local shop today.
Looking forward to a nice neat pour when I finally get work wrapped up.

I miss being able to drink. Cursed gene deficiency.  Wallbash

(01-09-2021, 08:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I miss being able to drink. Cursed gene deficiency.  Wallbash

Is that like missing jeans after a bout with tequila?

(01-09-2021, 08:56 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 08:06 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I miss being able to drink. Cursed gene deficiency.  Wallbash

Is that like missing jeans after a bout with tequila?

No, but I've been there. But it wasn't tequila.  Big Grin

Ordered a case of Moosehead again......... Damn this is good beer

OK, it's freaking cold here in Maryland, Time to raid the liquor cabinet........ Lets see, I have Johnnie Walker Red and Black, Crown Royal, Southern Comfort and Grand Marnier...... I think that will get me through the rest of winter.........

(02-15-2021, 07:19 PM)The Drifter Wrote: OK, it's freaking cold here in Maryland, Time to raid the liquor cabinet........ Lets see, I have Johnnie Walker Red and Black, Crown Royal, Southern Comfort and Grand Marnier...... I think that will get me through the rest of winter.........

Gosh, what will you drink tomorrow night?

I couldn't find the Canadian Club Rye I liked last time at the ABC or the Total Wine. There's Wiser's Canadian Rye in both places but it's not as good. I went for some Jameson regular and Jameson IPA Caskmates. They're both really good neat, but just mediocre mixed.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I know I’ll catch some grief over this and rightfully so, has anyone tried Bud Zero? It’s not terrible. It’s like AB took the taste of Budweiser and Bud Light, split the difference and took the alcohol and calories out. Like they’re catering to two groups of drinkers. Have your laughs, make your fun, I lll take it. Just seeing what others thought of it if you’ve tried it.

I’ve bought 2 12 packs now. Sure, I supplement it with my normal “watery BL beer”.

(02-17-2021, 06:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I know I’ll catch some grief over this and rightfully so,  has anyone tried Bud Zero?  It’s not terrible.   It’s like AB took the taste of Budweiser and Bud Light, split the difference and took the alcohol and calories out.  Like they’re catering to two groups of drinkers.  Have your laughs, make your fun, I lll take it.  Just seeing what others thought of it if you’ve tried it.  

I’ve bought 2 12 packs now.  Sure, I supplement it with my normal “watery BL beer”.

So horse piss from one with a kidney infection and a bladder infection and one with just a bladder infection then?

(02-17-2021, 11:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 06:09 PM)Jags Wrote: I know I’ll catch some grief over this and rightfully so,  has anyone tried Bud Zero?  It’s not terrible.   It’s like AB took the taste of Budweiser and Bud Light, split the difference and took the alcohol and calories out.  Like they’re catering to two groups of drinkers.  Have your laughs, make your fun, I lll take it.  Just seeing what others thought of it if you’ve tried it.  

I’ve bought 2 12 packs now.  Sure, I supplement it with my normal “watery BL beer”.

So horse piss from one with a kidney infection and a bladder infection and one with just a bladder infection then?
Uh... yeah... that pretty much sums it up, I suppose.   Doesn’t feel like that to me because it’s what I’m used to.  My liquor days are waaay behind me.

(02-18-2021, 07:20 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 11:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So horse piss from one with a kidney infection and a bladder infection and one with just a bladder infection then?
Uh... yeah... that pretty much sums it up, I suppose.   Doesn’t feel like that to me because it’s what I’m used to.  My liquor days are waaay behind me.

I tried a newish brand the last couple weeks called Island. They are a small company making a quality emphasis lager to compete with the big domestics. They have a label called Active that hits the Ultra and Zero niche. I dont drink that stuff much but thought it was decent, so I might switch to that while I work off my quaran-fifteen. It was a dollar more for a sixer over the Bud stuff right next to it, so it's not Craft pricey either. If you see it give it a shot, I'd like to know what a Bud guy thinks of it.