Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why?

Quote:Seems self explanatory to me. The fanatical LGBT community has made sure everyone in the world knows just how 'right' they are about who they are and how they live and shoves it down everyone's throat. Much like fanatical religious folks. To many, the LGBT way, for lack of a better way to put it, has become its own 'religion'.

And don't mistake my use of the word religion for Christianity or Judaism or any religious group. IMO a religious group and religion itself are two different things.

And there is a difference between the fanatical LGBT folks and those LGBT folks who are just living life without all of the drama and hoopla. I respect the second group much more because they're doing what the rest of us do- live life one day at a time. There is a way to get your point across without alienating people, and that goes for any group of people.

Very good description.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Seems self explanatory to me. The fanatical LGBT community has made sure everyone in the world knows just how 'right' they are about who they are and how they live and shoves it down everyone's throat. Much like fanatical religious folks. To many, the LGBT way, for lack of a better way to put it, has become its own 'religion'.

And don't mistake my use of the word religion for Christianity or Judaism or any religious group. IMO a religious group and religion itself are two different things.

And there is a difference between the fanatical LGBT folks and those LGBT folks who are just living life without all of the drama and hoopla. I respect the second group much more because they're doing what the rest of us do- live life one day at a time. There is a way to get your point across without alienating people, and that goes for any group of people.
You expect people who are alienated and persecuted to stay quiet? Public support has only changed because they didn't stay quiet. The world is better with less bigots. 

Quote:You expect people who are alienated and persecuted to stay quiet? Public support has only changed because they didn't stay quiet. The world is better with less bigots. 

True.  But don't "throw your lifestyle" into my face and "force" me to accept it.  The same thing could be said about other religions.  There are a large number of bigots on the left when it comes to an "established religion".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:True. But don't "throw your lifestyle" into my face and "force" me to accept it. The same thing could be said about other religions. There are a large number of bigots on the left when it comes to an "established religion".

You don't have a right to be unoffended. That's not something you should expect. I don't see the difference between a flamboyant gay man vs an evangelical Christian in that respect.

Quote:You don't have a right to be unoffended. That's not something you should expect. I don't see the difference between a flamboyant gay man vs an evangelical Christian in that respect.

However, in today's society if I dared speak out about the "flamboyant gay man" I'm immediately labeled a "bigot" or something else.  It's certainly alright in some circles to speak out and reject a Christian point of view, whether or not it happens to be an evangelical point of view or otherwise.  Most of the far left attacks anything near a "traditional Christian religion" or belief.

Just look at how many are so "offended" that the Ten Commandments are displayed in courthouses around the country.  What about groups that are "offended" by a cross on a hill in the middle of a desert?  Would you consider them being "offended" and actively trying to do away with these symbols bigots?

Quote:However, in today's society if I dared speak out about the "flamboyant gay man" I'm immediately labeled a "bigot" or something else. It's certainly alright in some circles to speak out and reject a Christian point of view, whether or not it happens to be an evangelical point of view or otherwise. Most of the far left attacks anything near a "traditional Christian religion" or belief.

Just look at how many are so "offended" that the Ten Commandments are displayed in courthouses around the country. What about groups that are "offended" by a cross on a hill in the middle of a desert? Would you consider them being "offended" and actively trying to do away with these symbols bigots?

You can't have (or should not have) the Ten Commandments displayed in a courthouse because not all Americans are Christians and non-Christians shouldn't have to pay for religious displays. That one is pretty simple.

Quote:You can't have (or should not have) the Ten Commandments displayed in a courthouse because not all Americans are Christians and non-Christians shouldn't have to pay for religious displays. That one is pretty simple.

The 10 Commandments aren't Christian.

[Image: the-more-you-know-o-s.gif]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2015, 07:45 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:However, in today's society if I dared speak out about the "flamboyant gay man" I'm immediately labeled a "bigot" or something else.  It's certainly alright in some circles to speak out and reject a Christian point of view, whether or not it happens to be an evangelical point of view or otherwise.  Most of the far left attacks anything near a "traditional Christian religion" or belief.

Just look at how many are so "offended" that the Ten Commandments are displayed in courthouses around the country.  What about groups that are "offended" by a cross on a hill in the middle of a desert?  Would you consider them being "offended" and actively trying to do away with these symbols bigots?

It's not about being offended.  Nobody is offended by the ten commandments.  But not everyone is a follower of the abrahamic religions, and many believe the government property should be a religion neutral zone.  Only three of the ten commandments have anything to do with laws we have.  Four are very specifically religious in nature.   

You speaking out about a flamboyant gay person is an attack on an individual or groups of individuals.  People speaking out about the 10 commandments at the courthouse is about establishment of religion.  Now people attacking someone for having a nativity scene up at their house -- that would be bigotry.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:However, in today's society if I dared speak out about the "flamboyant gay man" I'm immediately labeled a "bigot" or something else.  It's certainly alright in some circles to speak out and reject a Christian point of view, whether or not it happens to be an evangelical point of view or otherwise.  Most of the far left attacks anything near a "traditional Christian religion" or belief.
IMO, hating a Christian because he's a Christian is no better than hating a gay man because he's gay. Both are forms of bigotry.

Now, challenging a belief or person with reasoning behind your argument is something completely different. I'll gladly attack any religious belief that encourages the exclusion or shunning of a certain group of people. On the flip side of the coin, I would have a hard time supporting any form of legislation that would require a religious leader to perform a marriage ceremony between two homosexual individuals if the long-standing tenets of their religion oppose homosexuality. Does that make me anti-gay? No, no more so than my dislike of religions that target entire groups of people makes me anti-religion. It's all in how you approach it.

Quote:You don't have a right to be unoffended. That's not something you should expect. I don't see the difference between a flamboyant gay man vs an evangelical Christian in that respect.

Exactly her point.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:It's not about being offended.  Nobody is offended by the ten commandments.  But not everyone is a follower of the abrahamic religions, and many believe the government property should be a religion neutral zone.  Only three of the ten commandments have anything to do with laws we have.  Four are very specifically religious in nature.   

There is immense value beyond religion in posting the Ten Commandments. It's a reminder that there was a society that got by on only ten laws.

Today the total printed text of just the Federal laws would fill a large building. It has gotten so bad that every person commits a Federal crime every day (and probably a state crime too).

http://kottke.org/13/06/you-commit-three-felonies-a-day

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

When did society get by on just ten laws?  There were always several laws.  Even back in biblical times.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Baptism is a religion. Homosexuality is not. Next question.
Baptism isn't a religion, neither is Christianity. For more detials pm me. 

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:That is an incredibly dangerous precedent to make.
And wrong, on top of it. Scary if he truly believes that.

;

Quote:Its also true
On one statement, yes he is. 

;

Being offended is a choice, no way around that. 

;

Quote:The 10 Commandments aren't Christian.

Nope.

;

Quote:You can't have (or should not have) the Ten Commandments displayed in a courthouse because not all Americans are Christians, Jews or Muslim (who adhere to the 10 Commandments or interpretations thereof) and non-Christians, Jews or Muslims shouldn't have to pay for religious displays.

Fixed, you left an opening for replies that avoided the point.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Fixed, you left an opening for replies that avoided the point.

We should tear down the USSC building immediately. I have no idea what those people were thinking putting all those damn religious icons and people up there. Like stupid religion has or ever had a place in our society.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The 10 Commandments aren't Christian.

Lol! That's hilarious!