Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any news on Bortles in OTAs

LOL.  It is 2015 and we are still arguing Garrard/Leftwich.   

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Didn't Prisco also peg Cyprien as a breakout guy last season? I think he has good reason to note Telvin, but Prisco is a Jags homer.

There's nothing wrong with being a Jags homer, we could use a lot more of them around the NFL.

Even if Prisco is a homer, at least he gives you his honest opinion, even when it's a negative one.

I've heard him say a player was "just a guy" plenty of times.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:you know you were one of the biggest supporters out there.  Lie to yourself if you want. 

There was nothing wrong with being a Gabbert fan/supporter after he got drafted, we all were to some degree, it's just that some were just more out-spoken about it then others.

It just didn't work out, that's all, and now we have a different QB that we are all fans/supporters of and all hope he really becomes the guy.

Quote:LOL.  It is 2015 and we are still arguing Garrard/Leftwich.   

Well, it's a long off season and most the good topics have already been discussed and then discussed some more.

The key is finding fresh, new, interesting Jags related topics that we can all discuss during the rest of this long drawn out off season.

Quote:There was nothing wrong with being a Gabbert fan/supporter after he got drafted, we all were to some degree, it's just that some were just more out-spoken about it then others.

It just didn't work out, that's all, and now we have a different QB that we are all fans/supporters of and all hope he really becomes the guy.
Nothing wrong at all with being a Gabbert supporter, but when a person tries to call Prisco out for being a Gabbert supporter when in fact that person was arguably the biggest Gab supporter on the board, that is wrong.  I think anyways.   

Quote:Nothing wrong at all with being a Gabbert supporter, but when a person tries to call Prisco out for being a Gabbert supporter when in fact that person was arguably the biggest Gab supporter on the board, that is wrong.  I think anyways.   

I guess, because of the way Gabbert didn't really work out here, there are a select few Gabbert supporters, of varying degrees, that find themselves somewhat embarrassed about being Gabbert supporters.

My advice to them is either move on or they can start a Gabbert's Anonymous support group and work out all their Gabbert related issues in there.

The Jags have moved on to Blake Bortles as their QB and so should the fans.

Quote:I guess, because of the way Gabbert didn't really work out here, there are a select few Gabbert supporters, of varying degrees, that find themselves somewhat embarrassed about being Gabbert supporters.

My advice to them is either move on or they can start a Gabbert's Anonymous support group and work out all their Gabbert related issues in there.

The Jags have moved on to Blake Bortles as their QB and so should the fans.

Some wounds take time to heal. Goldilocks gave us some of the worst games we will ever see as fans of this franchise. Those were some dark times. I'll be telling my grandkids "Gabbert was the worst to ever do it, and I paid money to watch him play live."
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Bortles broke Samples' arm.

Discuss.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Bortles must be doing something right, since Prisco has him pegged along with Telvin Smith as one of the breakout players for 2015.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18622075/gabberts-rookie-year-was-a-nightmare-but-he-wont-be-a-bust'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18622075/gabberts-rookie-year-was-a-nightmare-but-he-wont-be-a-bust</a>

"It's fixable. Gabbert will not be a bust -- even if most of you think he will be.

In fact, I will go as far as saying that a year from now you will be talking about him as one of the rising quarterbacks in the league. I say that because he is smart, has a big arm, can make all the throws and spins his head. He's also willing to put in the work."

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18622075/gabberts-rookie-year-was-a-nightmare-but-he-wont-be-a-bust'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18622075/gabberts-rookie-year-was-a-nightmare-but-he-wont-be-a-bust</a>

"It's fixable. Gabbert will not be a bust -- even if most of you think he will be.

In fact, I will go as far as saying that a year from now you will be talking about him as one of the rising quarterbacks in the league. I say that because he is smart, has a big arm, can make all the throws and spins his head. He's also willing to put in the work."

I think it is fair to say Prisco was wrong on that one. I'm sure even he would tell you that.

I am wondering if perhaps Cyprien might also have a breakout season, now that the Jags have somebody to provide him some help in the deep secondary.

Quote:you know you were one of the biggest supporters out there.  Lie to yourself if you want. 

Everyone supported Gabbert at one point. I wasn't calling him to be the starter in his last year here. Prisco was, that's my point, Prisco really is a Jags homer, not that there is something wrong with being one, but his opinions on who is going to break out need to be taken with a gain of salt. Also, weren't you one of Gene Smith's biggest supporters?

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015, 11:59 AM by trunt87.)

Quote:Everyone supported Gabbert at one point. I wasn't calling him to be the starter in his last year here. Prisco was, that's my point, Prisco really is a Jags homer, not that there is something wrong with being one, but his opinions on who is going to break out need to be taken with a gain of salt. Also, weren't you one of Gene Smith's biggest supporters?

lol not at all. Good try though.

Quote:lol not at all. Good try though.

Funny, the way I remember it you were one of the ones defending the 2010 draft as Gene showing how brilliant he was not to take Tebow.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015, 01:06 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:Funny, the way I remember it you were one of the ones defending the 2010 draft as Gene showing how brilliant he was not to take Tebow.
Funny, the way I remember it I wasn't even a member of the message board in 2010. 

Once again, good try.

That Gabbert Fathead still treating you nice?

Quote:Funny, the way I remember it I wasn't even a member of the message board in 2010. 

Once again, good try.

That Gabbert Fathead still treating you nice?

Funny, I recall you saying it, plus you were really high on the Blackmon pick. Obviously you're Gene Smith's biggest fan. Still have his autograph up in your locker?

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2015, 01:12 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:Funny, I recall you saying it, plus you were really high on the Blackmon pick. Obviously you're Gene Smith's biggest fan. Still have his autograph up in your locker?
Yeah I was really high on the Blackmon pick.  At least I can admit it. 

Pretty sure you were one of the morons that said Blackmon was "holding Gabbert back."  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:Yeah I was really high on the Blackmon pick.  At least I can admit it. 

Pretty sure you were one of the morons that said Blackmon was "holding Gabbert back."  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Kind of like you were one of the guys saying that JDR and everyone else just were bad coaches and that's why the guys Smith was taking looked so bad?

Quote:Kind of like you were one of the guys saying that JDR and everyone else just were bad coaches and that's why the guys Smith was taking looked so bad?
For real... What the hell are you talking about?

This guy right here is lying his [BLEEP] off. 

Quote:For real... What the hell are you talking about?

This guy right here is lying his [BAD WORD REMOVED] off. 

I could say the same about you.