Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
And so it starts...

Quote:You are trying way too hard. And how is being what you say is bad helping your cause?

Cankles Clinton? That's some hard hitting policy analysis I'll tell you.

And pretending that this type of low grade political warfare isn't done by people on all points of the political spectrum just makes you (and jagibelieve) just look silly or dumb.

And last thing - I love the certitude you exhibit in saying Clinton won't be the nominee. Talk about whistling past the graveyard.
What part of game, set, match did you not understand?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't understand. What is the problem with the NY Times printing the story? Is it not true? I would point out that the NY Times has printed lengthy exposes of the Clintons' financial dealings.

I just don't understand what you guys are complaining about. It's a true story, it's interesting, so it deserves to be published. Rubio and his wife got 17 traffic tickets. He got 4, his wife got 13. He managed to get most of them dismissed. That's the story. What's wrong with publishing it?

Wasn't Rubio for immigration reform until he wasn't?  

Ooops, it's game, set, match.  How come this thread hasn't been shut down yet?

Quote:...  What would be interesting is to see the NY Times put the same resources into investigating something real.  You know, like all the dirty money for political favors that flow freely through the Clinton's family foundation?  Nah.  We wouldn't want to focus on such things when Marco's wife clearly has a lead foot.  That's far more worthy of investigating. 

Sorry, got to throw a flag on that comment. The New York Times has been all over that story. I can post a dozen more links.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/05/30/us/politics/clinton-foundation-bills-small-charity-for-big-donation.html'>http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/05/30/us/politics/clinton-foundation-bills-small-charity-for-big-donation.html</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/us/politics/an-award-for-bill-clinton-came-with-500000-for-his-foundation.html'>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/us/politics/an-award-for-bill-clinton-came-with-500000-for-his-foundation.html</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/us/politics/new-book-clinton-cash-questions-foreign-donations-to-foundation.html'>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/us/politics/new-book-clinton-cash-questions-foreign-donations-to-foundation.html</a>

Quote:Sorry, got to throw a flag on that comment. The New York Times has been all over that story. I can post a dozen more links.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/05/30/us/politics/clinton-foundation-bills-small-charity-for-big-donation.html'>http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/05/30/us/politics/clinton-foundation-bills-small-charity-for-big-donation.html</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/us/politics/an-award-for-bill-clinton-came-with-500000-for-his-foundation.html'>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/us/politics/an-award-for-bill-clinton-came-with-500000-for-his-foundation.html</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/us/politics/new-book-clinton-cash-questions-foreign-donations-to-foundation.html'>http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/us/politics/new-book-clinton-cash-questions-foreign-donations-to-foundation.html</a>

15 yard penalty and loss of down for FBT.   :thumbsup:

Quote:15 yard penalty and loss of down for FBT.   :thumbsup:

And besides, what can you really say about this Rubio story? It proves he drives his own car? For a guy living in Miami, that's not that many tickets? The New York Times ran it as a curiosity piece. That's all. Just an interesting blurb. If there are any more facts, they'll print those, too.

Quote:And besides, what can you really say about this Rubio story? It proves he drives his own car? For a guy living in Miami, that's not that many tickets? The New York Times ran it as a curiosity piece. That's all. Just an interesting blurb. If there are any more facts, they'll print those, too.

Yeah, if some posters are calling this mudslinging, they have forgotten what mudslinging is.  Just wait a few more months.  It's gonna get uglier.  This is a non-issue, but I guess a good topic in terms of beginning a debate.

As you said, the Grey Lady has run multiple articles on Hillary.  And they ain't fluff.  And the right is ready to pounce as well.  Even Bernie Sanders' old novel is getting thrown around to cover him in mud.  

This is the name of the game.  Even without money in politics this stuff is gonna happen.  

Quote:Yeah, if some posters are calling this mudslinging, they have forgotten what mudslinging is.  Just wait a few more months.  It's gonna get uglier.  This is a non-issue, but I guess a good topic in terms of beginning a debate.

As you said, the Grey Lady has run multiple articles on Hillary.  And they ain't fluff.  And the right is ready to pounce as well.  Even Bernie Sanders' old novel is getting thrown around to cover him in mud.  

This is the name of the game.  Even without money in politics this stuff is gonna happen.

Saying a person got traffic tickets, if it's true, doesn't rise to the level of "secret Muslim Kenyan who hates America."

Quote:Saying a person got traffic tickets, if it's true, doesn't rise to the level of "secret Muslim Kenyan who hates America."

Well, that's because the secret muslim kenyan thing is true and clearly has destroyed America.  

Duh!   :woot:

I mean, because of Obama we have Caitlyn Jenners running wild in our streets.  Oh and cops are being murdered because of Obama.  Not to mention the middle east completely exploding.  Thanks alot comrade Obama!  (did I do that right?  If not, flrdsprts will add to my list)

Quote:Yeah, if some posters are calling this mudslinging, they have forgotten what mudslinging is. Just wait a few more months. It's gonna get uglier. This is a non-issue, but I guess a good topic in terms of beginning a debate.

As you said, the Grey Lady has run multiple articles on Hillary. And they ain't fluff. And the right is ready to pounce as well. Even Bernie Sanders' old novel is getting thrown around to cover him in mud.

This is the name of the game. Even without money in politics this stuff is gonna happen.

I'd say there's more mud slinging in this thread then that hard hitting article
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Of course the difference is that the Hillary story wasn't an instruction from a Rubio PAC the way the Rubio story was a directive from American Bridge.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Of course the difference is that the Hillary story wasn't an instruction from a Rubio PAC the way the Rubio story was a directive from American Bridge.

Bingo.  We have a winner folks!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I don't understand. What is the problem with the NY Times printing the story? Is it not true? I would point out that the NY Times has printed lengthy exposes of the Clintons' financial dealings.

I just don't understand what you guys are complaining about. It's a true story, it's interesting, so it deserves to be published. Rubio and his wife got 17 traffic tickets. He got 4, his wife got 13. He managed to get most of them dismissed. That's the story. What's wrong with publishing it?

Refer to the comment that flsprtsgod made above.  It's not like the Times did an investigation on Marco Rubio's past (as well as his family).  They simply chose to parrot a left wing super PAC in order to try to make Mr. Rubio look bad.

I would argue that the story is "interesting".  Traffic violations of a Presidential Candidate and/or his wife have very, very little to do with his qualifications to become the next President.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The name calling and bullying is, at the very least, a constant we can look forward to during changing times. 
Flagrant Bullying Tactics?   Interesting

Blakes Life Matters

Wait till the uber left come out of the birther closet and hammer Ted Cruz....eh? Then its the uber right crying... oh...leave him alone. Thats crap. At least its Canada and not Kenyan.  

Blakes Life Matters

Let's see, if it comes down to Hillary vs. Marco we have a choice of someone who drives his own car and has the traffic tickets to prove it, vs. someone who has been chauffeured around for the past 23 years. The last time a bunch of chauffeur-drive Dems meddled in traffic laws we got 30 miserable years of 55 MPH speed limits.

Sounds like the chauffeur-driven NYT editors don't have a clue about how the average voter lives.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Let's see, if it comes down to Hillary vs. Marco we have a choice of someone who drives his own car and has the traffic tickets to prove it, vs. someone who has been chauffeured around for the past 23 years. The last time a bunch of chauffeur-drive Dems meddled in traffic laws we got 30 miserable years of 55 MPH speed limits.

Sounds like the chauffeur-driven NYT editors don't have a clue about how the average voter lives.

I would love to see a Hillary vs. Marco debate.  He would absolutely destroy her.

Quote:Wasn't Rubio for immigration reform until he wasn't?  

Ooops, it's game, set, match.  How come this thread hasn't been shut down yet?

Marco Rubio is all about immigration reform and has put bi-partisan legislation out there regarding it.  Just because it was shot down by the far right as well as the far left establishment politicians doesn't mean that he wavered from his view.

Quote:You are trying way too hard. And how is being what you say is bad helping your cause?

Cankles Clinton? That's some hard hitting policy analysis I'll tell you.

And pretending that this type of low grade political warfare isn't done by people on all points of the political spectrum just makes you (and jagibelieve) just look silly or dumb.

And last thing - I love the certitude you exhibit in saying Clinton won't be the nominee. Talk about whistling past the graveyard.
Interesting you'd use that analogy.  Much of the Clinton's history happens to reside there.  What's still alive and kicking, folks like you would love to see buried there before the election cycle truly begins. 

Nobody is saying "low grade political warfare isn't done by people on all points", but feel free to point out otherwise.  Simply saying that when the alleged frontrunner for the Democratic nomination is already ordering her minions to take out a candidate from the other party 16 months before the election, that smacks of fear. 

The funny part about all of this is that you progressives take offense to Cankles.  That's all you can do when your frontrunner is Hillary Clinton.

I'll stand behind my statement that she won't be the nominee.  You folks were giddy as school girls back in 2007 when she was the frontrunner then.  She was the inevitable nominee in the 2008 cycle.  The only problem is that some empty suit with no track record, but he could read a teleprompter and had just the right amount of melanin in his system came out of nowhere to trounce the old battleax.  The democrat nominee for 2016 probably hasn't even announced yet, but rest assured, it won't be the champion for the middle class who has been chauffeured around the globe in limos and private planes for a quarter century.

Honestly, if I was a democrat, I'd be embarrassed by the complete lack of any bench.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Let's see, if it comes down to Hillary vs. Marco we have a choice of someone who drives his own car and has the traffic tickets to prove it, vs. someone who has been chauffeured around for the past 23 years. The last time a bunch of chauffeur-drive Dems meddled in traffic laws we got 30 miserable years of 55 MPH speed limits.

The National Maximum Speed Law was proposed and signed into law by that well known Democrat President Richard M. Nixon.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]