Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Aaron Colvin pushing for starting corner spot

Quote:How is it McCray because he played very well last year and you just throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks. How McCray deserve to be bench?

It is an open competition. Whoever earns the job this off season will be the starters. What McCray did last year has nothing to do with the fact that he has to earn playing time this season.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

His impact was felt since his first game.  He is a game changer.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2015, 06:53 PM by Amat3uR.)

[Image: gfum.0.gif]

Quote:[Image: gfum.0.gif]

Look at Telvin Smith's speed
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Look at Telvin Smith's speed
That was actually my first takeaway from the video as well. Holy crap, Telvin is fast.

Quote:How is it McCray because he played very well last year and  you just throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks. How McCray deserve to be bench? 

Some of the McCrayzies are far too sensitive.

But then, there's this...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../28359497/

McCray has been solid, but he's certainly no playmaker.  It's why we've continued to try to upgrade the position.

Colvin is simply too talented to keep on the inside, and I doubt we brought in House to be a nickel/3rd down player. So...

Let the competition begin.  We can only be better off for it.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Im thinking, if McCrae plays well on the outside, as does House and Colvin plays well on the inside, would we lose some competitiveness by forcing Colvin to start on the outside? Who then mans the inside nickle spot with vigor and valor?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I am cautiously optimistic for our corners this season.

Quote:Some of the McCrayzies are far too sensitive.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/sports/2015/06/02/jacksonville-jaguars-demetrius-mccray-competing-to-hold-onto-his-starting-job/28359497/'>http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/sports/2015/06/02/jacksonville-jaguars-demetrius-mccray-competing-to-hold-onto-his-starting-job/28359497/</a>

McCray has been solid, but he's certainly no playmaker. It's why we've continued to try to upgrade the position.

Colvin is simply too talented to keep on the inside, and I doubt we brought in House to be a nickel/3rd down player. So...

Let the competition begin. We can only be better off for it.

I honestly think its a true competition between the three guys. I know both McCray and Colvin can start and be good. I don't know how good House is but if he wins a starting spot I'll know he's pretty good.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

McCray is the best cb on this roster. His game has only gotten better and the only thing missing right now are the interceptions.

Coach Gus Bradley - Hey, hey. Lets not forget about Gratsey, now..
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:That was actually my first takeaway from the video as well. Holy crap, Telvin is fast.
Not to mention he was running to help a teammate with a block.

Telvin has a chance of making it to the ProBowl this year.

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 06:32 AM by leopold332002.)

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../28359497/

McCray has been solid, but he's certainly no playmaker.  It's why we've continued to try to upgrade the position.

Let the competition begin.  We can only be better off for it.
It's not that we're too sensitive more so people like you too quick to bench someone like him without any merits behind it. The man played well last year and went up against the best receivers on the other team and held his own against them. I think its stupid on you and others wants to criticize the man because of lack of interceptions especially when the other teams QB rarely threw the ball his way. They're are many cornerbacks in previous years who went to the pro bowl although their interception numbers wasn't there because they did their jobs. I'm not saying McCray is a probowler but dammit he played pretty well and fans like you should respect and appreciate his game because of it. If you truly about competition like team implies then Devon House job should be on the line too and yes he got paid as a free agent but its not like he's getting paid Richard Sherman money where he's not exempt from competition as well. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

It seems like the only person crazy about McCray is you.

Quote:Look at Telvin Smith's speed

Quote:That was actually my first takeaway from the video as well. Holy crap, Telvin is fast.

Yup. Dat dude has some wheels.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I see the starters being McCray and Colvin/House with the odd man out of those 2 playing the nickel. I think the yards per cover snap stat is way more important than INTs. The great CBs don't always have a ton of INTs bc the QBs aren't throwing their way. Revis is the best CB but is usually a bum in fantasy for that reason.

McCray was top of the league in YPCS and isn't going to lose his spot unless House shows out. Its the number 2 corner that's up for grabs right now, IMO.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I see the starters being McCray and Colvin/House with the odd man out of those 2 playing the nickel. I think the yards per cover snap stat is way more important than INTs. The great CBs don't always have a ton of INTs bc the QBs aren't throwing their way. Revis is the best CB but is usually a bum in fantasy for that reason.

McCray was top of the league in YPCS and isn't going to lose his spot unless House shows out. Its the number 2 corner that's up for grabs right now, IMO.

Agreed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Even if he does play the nickle, I've seen stats showing that nickle corners are on the field for 60% of the time due to the nature of NFL offenses today.  But if he's pushing for a starting spot, that's a very good thing.  

This is a good problem to have.

Quote:It's not that we're too sensitive more so people like you too quick to bench someone like him without any merits behind it. The man played well last year and went up against the best receivers on the other team and held his own against them. I think its stupid on you and others wants to criticize the man because of lack of interceptions especially when the other teams QB rarely threw the ball his way. They're are many cornerbacks in previous years who went to the pro bowl although their interception numbers wasn't there because they did their jobs. I'm not saying McCray is a probowler but dammit he played pretty well and fans like you should respect and appreciate his game because of it. If you truly about competition like team implies then Devon House job should be on the line too and yes he got paid as a free agent but its not like he's getting paid Richard Sherman money where he's not exempt from competition as well. 

I agree it's possible some may unfairly knock him, but I don't think I would go as far as the print in bold would suggest.

He isn't like Deion Sanders in his prime.

QBs threw his way plenty.  Maybe they threw away from him more because he was better than the other guy, but it isn't as if QBs were afraid to challenge him at all.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

competition is a great thing to have Big Grin