Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Claim Jeff Tuel

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015, 07:43 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:At least Tuel was undrafted and has some kind of uspide! Henne is getting millions still being Henne.

If he did not improve his arm strength, the only upside is that Marrone and Hackett are familiar with him, and to the extent Marrone has influenced the passing game, Tuel is more familiar with those concepts than any QB on the roster.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think Tuel could compete with Bortles. Tuel has shown improvement from his rookie year and I believe outplayed EJ Manuel in OTAs/Preseason. Marrone was force fed EJ because Whaley used a first round pick on him and Tuel was an UDFA. This signing leads me to believe Marrone probably like Tuel better than EJ, which could've been a factor in the rift Marrone and the FO and the reason Marrone chose to opt out of his contract. Tuel has all the traits to be a great QB in this league, I think he just needs a fair shake. I've been a faithful Bills fan for 20 years, and have never cared much about other teams, but I am interested in the Jaguars now.
Welcome aboard Jeff!

Quote:Soup or Bowl

I'll take the soup.

IIRC,, I believe it was Tuel who started a game for the Bills against the Bengals (a couple seasons ago I think). I watched that whole game, and thought he looked pretty good at times, almost even beating them (it was a close game until late).

If it is the same guy, I don't see why he wouldn't be very capable as a #1 backup QB for some team in the future (maybe the Jags if they don't keep Henne after this season).

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015, 08:53 PM by Catfanatic1979v1.)

I can see him competing with henne but that is only because Henne can't sustain a drive to save his life. I seriously hope someone else gets cut that is better than both of them.

He's not competing with Henne.

Fisch brought Morris in because he played in his system.

Marrone had Tuel in his system, so he's brought in.

Bye Morris. Hello Tuel. Welcome to the practice squad.

Quote:Fisch brought Morris in because he played in his system.

Yup. This is how the NFL works. Someone always has their "guy".

Pretty much. He'll have a shot at backing Bortles up if Henne should falter in camp or the preseason.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Pretty much. He'll have a shot at backing Bortles up if Henne should falter in camp or the preseason.

Please explain what you mean when you talk about Henne faltering.

What exactly would Henne have to either do or not do to be considered 'faltering"?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Please explain what you mean when you talk about Henne faltering.

What exactly would Henne have to either do or not do to be considered 'faltering"?

Henne falters when he breathes
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Please explain what you mean when you talk about Henne faltering.

He'd have to really stink things up while Tuell does the opposite. Despite fan sentiment, Henne isn't nearly as bad as some here think. He was just as much a victim as Bortles was last year of a bad line and no running game. His veteran presence and experience gives him the advantage right out of the gate. It also helps that the coaches love the guy, and he really understands his role. So, he'd really have to screw up pretty badly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Tuel seems like a class act. Nice to see him sign someplace.

Quote:Tuel seems like a class act. Nice to see him sign someplace.

He didn't sign really, when you are picked up on waivers you keep they same contract but carries over to the new team
Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

To expand even further Matt Simms was signed to the Bills who played in Rex Ryan's system leading to Tuel's release. Just another example on how the NFL really is a good ol boy club.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He's not competing with Henne.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I still recall listening to the game as he played the Chiefs, and it was clear that he had the Chiefs elite defense on the ropes. This kid can play, and I'm rooting hard for him to flat beat out Henne and his mediocre game.

'02

Quote:I wouldn't be so sure about that. I still recall listening to the game as he played the Chiefs, and it was clear that he had the Chiefs elite defense on the ropes. This kid can play, and I'm rooting hard for him to flat beat out Henne and his mediocre game.

I think the play calling had the Chiefs off balance and on the ropes most of that game. Tuel's under throws and picks were unmitigated disasters.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

So Blake's backup will either be Tuel or a tool.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:He'd have to really stink things up while Tuell does the opposite. Despite fan sentiment, Henne isn't nearly as bad as some here think. He was just as much a victim as Bortles was last year of a bad line and no running game. His veteran presence and experience gives him the advantage right out of the gate. It also helps that the coaches love the guy, and he really understands his role. So, he'd really have to screw up pretty badly.

So basically the back up QB job is Henne's job to lose.

I realize the team around him wasn't really good, but there were times that Henne looked like one of the worst QBs in the entire league last season. In other words, he was GAWD AWFUL, couldn't move the team at all and looked worse then a rookie QB playing in his first NFL game ever. That's just unacceptable for a 6 or 7 yr veteran QB, whether he is the starter or back up QB. A rookie would have the excuse of being a rookie, but that just doesn't apply to 6-7 yr vets.

I will give Henne his props for the first half against Philly when he played well above himself and led the Jags to a 17-0 halftime lead. That was the highlight of the season for Henne.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Chad Henne under center than Jeff Tuel if it came down to it.
Why the hell?

Quote:Soup or Bowl

Funniest response so far...rotfl lol

Quote:Henne falters when he breathes

True true true....

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend