Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FBI admits no major cases cracked with Patriot Act snooping powers

Quote:Or think...great!!, We are so good we scared them with our awesome power! We need to make it bigger!!
This alludes to what I lovingly refer to as the "vampire fallacy" argument for the continued existence of the the Patriot Act, DHS, NSA, TSA, whatever. It goes like this:

Since the Patriot Act was signed, there hasn't been a single Al Qaeda attack on American soil. The Patriot Act must be stopping them, right?

Likewise, the day the Patriot Act was signed, I started wearing garlic on a necklace at all times. Since that day, I have not been attacked by a single vampire. The garlic must be keeping them away, right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This alludes to what I lovingly refer to as the "vampire fallacy" argument for the continued existence of the the Patriot Act, DHS, NSA, TSA, whatever. It goes like this:

Since the Patriot Act was signed, there hasn't been a single Al Qaeda attack on American soil. The Patriot Act must be stopping them, right?

Likewise, the day the Patriot Act was signed, I started wearing garlic on a necklace at all times. Since that day, I have not been attacked by a single vampire. The garlic must be keeping them away, right?

Elephant repellent.

Quote:Elephant repellent.

A better analogy since elephants and Al Qaeda actually exist.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:A better analogy since elephants and Al Qaeda actually exist.

But neither are in my backyard.... Oh wait.... Crap......

Quote:A better analogy since elephants and Al Qaeda actually exist.
Are you saying that vampires don't exist? Clearly, sir, you have never met Tommy Wiseau.

The ACA is usually called Obamacare. I wonder why the Patriot Act isn't called Bush/Cheney Pact?

Gotta admit...slick marketing naming it Patriot. Oh..who could be against, and what could be bad about anything patriotic?

There's so much into this. There are actually cameras in streetlights that can see into your car, get facial recognition and hear and record everything happening in your car. I know, after noticing one after a few weeks, I was mysteriously getting jock itch coupons soon after. Weird. So not only spying, but selling your info commercially.

Ok. The last part was a stretch, but the cameras exist.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2015, 03:05 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Ron Paul was right but nobody wanted to hear it 10 years ago. Good luck getting the Feds to give that power up.

Michael Moore made a movie about it 11 years ago. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiNUgJcNRJY

Quote:The ACA is usually called Obamacare. I wonder why the Patriot Act isn't called Bush/Cheney Pact?

Gotta admit...slick marketing naming it Patriot. Oh..who could be against, and what could be bad about anything patriotic?

There's so much into this. There are actually cameras in streetlights that can see into your car, get facial recognition and hear and record everything happening in your car. I know, after noticing one after a few weeks, I was mysteriously getting jock itch coupons soon after. Weird. So not only spying, but selling your info commercially.

Ok. The last part was a stretch, but the cameras exist.

Because Democrats supported the Patriot Act while no Republicans supported Obamacare.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Are you saying that vampires don't exist? Clearly, sir, you have never met Tommy Wiseau.

I thought Al Davis was the last vampire.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I thought Al Davis was the last vampire.

Dracula lives...

[Image: fareed-zakaria-640x360.jpg]

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I thought Al Davis was the last vampire.
He turned a young Tommy Wiseau some 40-50 years ago.

Quote:Because Democrats supported the Patriot Act while no Republicans supported Obamacare.

So, the Dems reached across the aisle and supported the president? On a bill that was certainly questionable, as well as an invasion? Maybe they should have been the party of no back then, we would be better off today. Just wondering. What if?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:So, the Dems reached across the aisle and supported the president? On a bill that was certainly questionable, as well as an invasion? Maybe they should have been the party of no back then, we would be better off today. Just wondering. What if?

Dems knew the advantages they would gain from these powers when they regained control. And lets not pretend that they weren't hot for invasion back then too. Lots of money to be made by all involved.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Dems knew the advantages they would gain from these powers when they regained control. And lets not pretend that they weren't hot for invasion back then too. Lots of money to be made by all involved.
We supported it.

Until the truth came out

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:We supported it.

Until the truth came out
Flip flopping (changing your mind with new data) is not allowed in reasonable discussion. 

Quote:So, the Dems reached across the aisle and supported the president? On a bill that was certainly questionable, as well as an invasion? Maybe they should have been the party of no back then, we would be better off today. Just wondering. What if?

So, we're turning bad decisions into a positive by misidentifying them as bipartisan efforts?

Quote:We supported it.

Until the truth came out

... as did a lot of conservatives. 

Quote:... as did a lot of conservatives. 

and democrats "progressives".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:and democrats "progressives".
Someone is full blown troll mode today. 

Quote:Someone is full blown troll mode today. 

The truth will set you free.