Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Led the NFL in Broken Tackles Allowed Last Season

Anyone who watched the games knows that this wasn't just from the offense not being on the field long.

Watch the Redskins game. Kurt cousins lead three TD drives his first three series.

It was the first quarter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our starting safeties ranked 1st and 6th for most BT's the league. And it's not like they were good in coverage either. Dang, that's some pitiful safety play. It can only get better, right?

Quote:Anyone who watched the games knows that this wasn't just from the offense not being on the field long.

Watch the Redskins game. Kurt cousins lead three TD drives his first three series.

I actually just forget the three games Henne started. Aside from the first quarter in Philadelphia, it was absolutely atrocious.
;

;

Quote:Anyone who watched the games knows that this wasn't just from the offense not being on the field long.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/NFL_20140914_JAC@WAS'>http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/NFL_20140914_JAC@WAS</a>

Im sorry to call you on that but I vividly remember that game. I bought NFL rewind to go back and watch the games multiple times. That was a game that stuck out as to how bad Henne and the offense was. They could never do more than three and out.

We were in that game until the fourth quarter and defense gave out.

Excellent point, I agree with you.

Alot of people like to attach the defensive woes mostly on the inept offense. Sure, it did affect the defense at times.

But, what I watched most of last season was a defense that couldn't stop the run worth a darn (Bengals, Cowboys, TexansX2, Chargers, Rashard Jennings was running down their throats, even Trent Richardson had a good day for him). The pass defense looked awful quite often too.

What was the running joke about the Jags making Backup QBs look like world beaters? There was a reason for that.

IMO,, the defense was not very good at all, regardless of what the offense was doing. Even in the first half of alot of games (before they should've been completely gassed), they looked very poor.

That's just my opinion based on what my eyeballs told me.

P.S. -

JT Thomas in that Cincy game, vs Bernard I think? WOW,, what a whiff.

Also in that Cincy game on that long J. Hill run,, somebody screwed up horribly (Cyprien?)

Cyprien simply sucks. They might try Sample at free safety but he has a good chance of erasing Cyprien from that spot if he plays like he's played the last two years.

Cyp took some bad angles but confident he will improve with age. maybe a gut feeling. Telvin was just run over at times if in any traffic, and I remember saying Thomas was the worst starting linebacker in the league and did not get too much agreement.  For some reason JT had lots of supporters here. But so did Gene Smith, until he left, then he too became Persona non grata. It seems sometimes Everbank has a force field around it keeping out complaints, until the dude is fired.

Expect to be run on this season
"Get Better Everyday"

People are making careers writing article about how bad the Jaguars are. Just scroll to the bottom of any offensive category and a journalism intern might win a Pulitzer with the amount of information they will find concerning this team. I just never though we would have a team worse than Detroit... Sick

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/NFL_20140914_JAC@WAS'>http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/NFL_20140914_JAC@WAS</a>

Im sorry to call you on that but I vividly remember that game. I bought NFL rewind to go back and watch the games multiple times. That was a game that stuck out as to how bad Henne and the offense was. They could never do more than three and out.

We were in that game until the fourth quarter and defense gave out.
We had 8 first downs. Obviously that's not the defense's fault, but we were never in that game.

Quote:We had 8 first downs. Obviously that's not the defense's fault, but we were never in that game.

Offensively you are correct. It was 21-7at half time. I call that still in it. Other teams are "still in it" at that time. Since we are the jags that doesn't apply to us I guess?

A good defense creates turnovers and gives a woeful offense a chance to win.  See the 2000 ravens or the 02 bucs for examples.   Sure the offense being inept effected the defense at times.  Other times the defense just flat out sucked.  Teams would often drive against us and score in the first half that you can't blame on fatigue.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Offensively you are correct. It was 21-7at half time. I call that still in it. Other teams are "still in it" at that time. Since we are the jags that doesn't apply to us I guess?

Considering the final score was 45 to 7 or something like that... i guess it doesn't.

Pretty disappointing for Cyprien. Lets not trade him for nothing though and have him be a solid starter for somebody else for the next decade (i.e. Reggie Nelson)

Quote:Pretty disappointing for Cyprien. Lets not trade him for nothing though and have him be a solid starter for somebody else for the next decade (i.e. Reggie Nelson)
There is still hope because he is still a very young player.  So far he has been terrible despite many on this board trying to plead the contrary.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Considering the final score was 45 to 7 or something like that... i guess it doesn't.

I feel you, especially when I'm talking about half time.

Quote:Offensively you are correct. It was 21-7at half time. I call that still in it. Other teams are "still in it" at that time. Since we are the jags that doesn't apply to us I guess?
I don't care what the score was at half, anyone who watched that game knows that with the way we were playing, we were never even close to being "still in it".

Our play was atrocious, it was bad from start to finish.

First place, yeeeeeaaaah  Smile

Quote:I don't care what the score was at half, anyone who watched that game knows that with the way we were playing, we were never even close to being "still in it".

Our play was atrocious, it was bad from start to finish.

I'm not one to excuse anything this team did. But I'm not sure you watched the game. Cousins did not go three straight drives for TDs. The offense was bad the whole game. The defense was not 2000 Ravens level but they did stop them a few times and give them opportunities to advance the ball. Henne and crew did not.

I do feel our defense can improve but I can promise you 15 ppg is the number 1 reason this team is terrible. If they can score more we might win more.

The defense was not great but the offense was historically bad (again)...