Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Legion

Quote:I usually catch it on one of my movie apps the next day but I heard they were showing a teaser for Alien Convenant during the commercials.

That sounds like a video game?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No it's a follow up to Prometheus movie that was made a few years ago.

Quote:No it's a follow up to Prometheus movie that was made a few years ago.

You had my curiosity, now you have my attention.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2017, 03:08 AM by Best84.)

Well the movie comes out this year and they released a 5 minute Last Supper speach with the crew before they go into cryo sleep. Other than 2 actors who were cast in this movie(which I'm sure you will notice right off the bat) I think this is going to be an amazing movie

Quote:Well the movie comes out this year and they released a 5 minute last super speach with the crew before they go into cry sleep. Other than 2 actors who were cast in this movie(which I'm sure you will notice right off the bat) I think this is going to be an amazing movie.

I liked Prometheus.

Quote:I liked Prometheus.
I didn't know it was an Aliens Prequel so you could imagine my reaction when I got towards the later part of the movie. I [BLEEP] lost it in the movie theatre.

Don't know if you're a Predators fan but they started filming on the new one this week.

Quote:I didn't know it was an Aliens Prequel so you could imagine my reaction when I got towards the later part of the movie. I [BAD WORD REMOVED] lost it in the movie theatre.

Hahaha. When did it click?

Quote:Don't know if you're a Predators fan but they started filming on the new one this week.

Kill me now! Cmon!

Quote:Hahaha. When did it click?
When Naomi Repace removed the foreign object from her abdomen was the obvious sign. I turned into a little kid when the facehugger got the engineer.

Quote:There are people who are complaining that it's too hard to follow. The thing is, they're showing it in the way that David's mind works and thinks which is very disjointed. I actually can follow it pretty well because my mind works somewhat the same. If I don't take my meds my brain is scattered like a broken glass. It sucks but it is what it is. ADD and the other stuff I have is bad enough, I couldn't imagine having, or in his case thinking he has, schizophrenia with or without paranoid delusions. It would be cool to live in a world where what is 'wrong' with me is actually some sort of power. 

My mother has had schizophrenia her entire adult life and has been episode free for a very long time.  It's not something easily understood if you haven't been around someone with it.

I think they do a very good job so far (I'm only part way in to the pilot.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I've been a bit behind in my TV watching but I finally watched E3 last night and it was solid. Just when I make a somewhat internal complaint about something, they addressed it in the next episode.

I wonder if/how long they're going to stick with the David isn't schizophrenic train of thought. In the comics, while he isn't suffering from schizophrenia, he does have multiple personality disorder by virtue of his mutation and the base David Haller persona is not in any way stable as a result.

Legion has always been unstable. A version of him that's not in the traditional sense could prove to be incredibly cool.

I will say this last episode was much easier to follow than its predecessors as I didn't have to pause and explain anything this time.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

I've watched eps 1 and 2 so far.

Not deleting them as I expect to watch them a few more times before they sink in.  LOL

The obese guy in his memories creeps the heck out of me.

When I was a young child, I had a "creature" that would invade and destroy my good dreams.  As I got older, I "took control" of my dreams and it was eliminated.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I've watched eps 1 and 2 so far.

Not deleting them as I expect to watch them a few more times before they sink in. LOL

The obese guy in his memories creeps the heck out of me.

When I was a young child, I had a "creature" that would invade and destroy my good dreams. As I got older, I "took control" of my dreams and it was eliminated.

I think everyone goes through something similar, pirk. I learned at a very young age that I had complete control over my dream reality. As such, I didn't have many bad dreams past the age of 10.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure who/what the big guy is supposed to be/represent. I have my suspicions (based on how/when he appears and his rictus grin) and if I'm right this show is going to get even more interesting as it goes along.

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:I think everyone goes through something similar, pirk. I learned at a very young age that I had complete control over my dream reality. As such, I didn't have many bad dreams past the age of 10.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure who/what the big guy is supposed to be/represent. I have my suspicions (based on how/when he appears and his rictus grin) and if I'm right this show is going to get even more interesting as it goes along.
Fear is my guess. But that is pure speculation based only on what they are showing us because I have no comic book knowledge. There are a couple of reasons why I think it's fear but don't want to influence others too much before they've had a chance to watch/absorb it.

Quote:Fear is my guess. But that is pure speculation based only on what they are showing us because I have no comic book knowledge. There are a couple of reasons why I think it's fear but don't want to influence others too much before they've had a chance to watch/absorb it.
Curiosity was killing me so I caved in and started researching David's story. Pretty big back story for David which I don't think will make it to the show.

Quote:Curiosity was killing me so I caved in and started researching David's story. Pretty big back story for David which I don't think will make it to the show.
Yeah, there is A LOT to tell and I think they may have to pick and choose. Depending on how long the series runs depends on how deep they can go. Plus, if they're staying with an 8 episode season that might not work well in the long term. A 16 episode season perhaps, but not 8.

Hopefully it's a deal like with TWD where the first season was 6 episodes, which they could have stopped there and it would have been a complete story, but it was so popular they made a season 2 and expanded the number of episodes and it's grown from there. Hopefully the Legion folks will do better than TWD folks. Sometimes a season of TWD feels like 8 episodes too long. Too much filler and such and with the natural age progression of everyone, especially Carl, it feels like a lot more time has gone by than actually has which is being discussed in that thread. 

Quote:My mother has had schizophrenia her entire adult life and has been episode free for a very long time.  It's not something easily understood if you haven't been around someone with it.

I think they do a very good job so far (I'm only part way in to the pilot.)

Dan Stevens is ridiculously expressive. I actually believe him in that he gets lost in the character of David really well. I don't see the actor, I see the character. Best casting choice for an American tv show in a while.

Quote:Curiosity was killing me so I caved in and started researching David's story. Pretty big back story for David which I don't think will make it to the show.

There's no possible way it could although I would not be surprised in the slightest to see a few of Marvel's lesser known mutants make it into the show.

Honestly, creating a slew of new mutants (heh) as supporting characters is a bold move especially when you could possibly end up with a bunch of knockoff characters like Syd. There is no direct analog for Ptonomy, at least. By rights, any skilled telepath could do what he does (and then some).

I'm not so sure that Mr. Rotundo is supposed to represent fear. I am of the mind that he is something else entirely. It'll be interesting to see what/who he really ends up being.

On a related note, they haven't even stated whether they'll acknowledge that Professor Xavier is David's father. I don't think they know themselves yet. Whether they do or not will go a long way to dictating where this show will go.

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:There's no possible way it could although I would not be surprised in the slightest to see a few of Marvel's lesser known mutants make it into the show.

Honestly, creating a slew of new mutants (heh) as supporting characters is a bold move especially when you could possibly end up with a bunch of knockoff characters like Syd. There is no direct analog for Ptonomy, at least. By rights, any skilled telepath could do what he does (and then some).

I'm not so sure that Mr. Rotundo is supposed to represent fear. I am of the mind that he is something else entirely. It'll be interesting to see what/who he really ends up being.

On a related note, they haven't even stated whether they'll acknowledge that Professor Xavier is David's father. I don't think they know themselves yet. Whether they do or not will go a long way to dictating where this show will go.
That last paragraph was the specific thing I think they will avoid in the series.