Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler has signed

Quote:Ha, this really bothers you, doesn't it?

Any time I see someone opining the dangers of playing a sport that's dangerous, I picture some dude in mom jeans riding a ladies bicycles with a cute little helmet.   That bothers me, but to each his own.  Happy pedaling. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I, for one, am just glad that they guy got signed before he had to resort to performing drills in his hotel room against dining chairs.

Look at the way that turned out for the last guy!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You know what?  They really need to just do away with paper contracts all together and only do them electronically, and only using the least dangerous method possible.  No stylus or anything of the sort.  A simply "type your initials and date here" e-signature and be done with it.  Let the professionals who are comfortable handling paper deal with the risks. 
I don't like that idea.  All it would take is a spilled drink and a freak accident for him to get electrocuted.  Contract signing related injuries are no joke.

Quote:I hope they had him in bubble rap for the signing.  We don't want that draft pick getting any more injured.  Safety pens, protective eye wear, and probably some sort of Kevlar body armor to assure they don't accidentally stab themselves during the process.  At least that's what the beat writers in Miami are saying the Dolphins are doing according to the friend of a friend of mine.

He should just be in a giant bubble at all times

Quote:I don't like that idea.  All it would take is a spilled drink and a freak accident for him to get electrocuted.  Contract signing related injuries are no joke.
Low voltage stuff only.  Got it.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Can they interview this guy everyday, I could listen to this guy all the time. Hard to believe he is 20 yrs old. He will earn his money in other ways this season, well worth it!

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Quote:But he wasn't under contract when he got hurt, right? I know he had some GFE insurance policy, but I didn't know how that translated to the Jaguars side of the table during contract negotiations. Essentially, he is getting a 4 year deal and only playing 3 years of it, right?

I am not bagging on the Jags giving him the deal, because not only was it the right thing to do, but clearly they didn't have a choice in the matter.

The CBA probably deals with this kind of situation. I don't think the players union would let teams drastically alter contract terms in a situation like this.

Quote:I don't like that idea.  All it would take is a spilled drink and a freak accident for him to get electrocuted.  Contract signing related injuries are no joke.
Whatever happened to a smile and a hand shake for a deal, trust & honor must have left the USA business world.

Quote:Whatever happened to a smile and a hand shake for a deal, trust & honor must have left the USA business world.
That exposes Fowler to germs unless the handshake is done in a completely sanitized room and both Fowler and Caldwell are in full hazmat suits.  I might be on board with that.

What if the suits caused a heat stroke from the lack of ventilation, or the chance of improper handling of the suit, (one would hope was new to reduce the risk of improper cleaning from the last use) caused a serious or grave injury to the party or contract member?

I would state a simple oral agreement with the lack of touching would suffice but the proximity of the oral agreement could cause an exchange of germs causing a fatality because after all it is a Jaguars 1st round draftee we are talking about.

Quote:Whatever happened to a smile and a hand shake for a deal, trust & honor must have left the USA business world.

Lawyers.

Amiright?

Quote:What if the suits caused a heat stroke from the lack of ventilation, or the chance of improper handling of the suit, (one would hope was new to reduce the risk of improper cleaning from the last use) caused a serious or grave injury to the party or contract member?

I would state a simple oral agreement with the lack of touching would suffice but the proximity of the oral agreement could cause an exchange of germs causing a fatality because after all it is a Jaguars 1st round draftee we are talking about.
D*** it...you're right.  Strike that idea, I'm not taking that risk with him.

[Image: bubble-soccer-3.jpg]

The Jacksonville Jaguars draftees next year

Quote:[Image: bubble-soccer-3.jpg]

The Jacksonville Jaguars draftees next year

Hey! I know that place! Maybe I can get the team a hookup on those suits.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Hey! I know that place! Maybe I can get the team a hookup on those suits.
The legs are still exposed leading to possible injury.  The team needs to develop a bubble similar to this with a couch and a remote control inside so the players can lounge as they navigate.

Should have drafted a punter.

Quote:Should have drafted a punter.

Man this never gets old.  hahahahahahahahaha

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:Should have drafted a punter.

The best part is, this was a time when people still gave Gene the benefit of the doubt and were looking for any reason to justify that drafting Anger in the 3rd was a good move.

"The ball just sounds different when it comes off his foot" was my favorite.

Quote:The best part is, this was a time when people still gave Gene the benefit of the doubt and were looking for any reason to justify that drafting Anger in the 3rd was a good move.

"The ball just sounds different when it comes off his foot" was my favorite.

Best quote EVER! haha it only hurts a little when ppl mention Wilson going a couple picks later 

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Quote:You know what?  They really need to just do away with paper contracts all together and only do them electronically, and only using the least dangerous method possible.  No stylus or anything of the sort.  A simply "type your initials and date here" e-signature and be done with it.  Let the professionals who are comfortable handling paper deal with the risks.

Carpal Tunnel is a hell of a syndrome.