Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mississippi considers firing squad as method of execution

Can't believe this Still happens in a civilised country.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Can't believe this Still happens in a civilised country.

Meh. Removing truly evil scumbags from the Earth doesn't move the needle for me.

Quote:Meh. Removing truly evil scumbags from the Earth doesn't move the needle for me.

But isn't murder illegal? I'd rather not grant the state the power to murder people.

Quote:The future of judicial executions should be the gas chamber and asphyxiation via nitrogen gas.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...ne/388249/

It appears that the Oklahoma house has already approved it's use. 
This. If executions are necessary, hypoxia via nitrogen gas is the most humane and arguably cheapest way to do it. There is no pain response, you just fall asleep.

Quote:Isn't firing squad one of the most humane ways?
Depends on how good of shots the guys on the line are.

Quote:Cost of rope - < $10

Cost of tree - free

And it would be "green" by not using any energy.  A win-win all the way around.
And this is why you're not part of the Justice Department. It's also why I'm frequently relieved that you're not in a government job at all.

Quote:Breaking news: water is wet. We welcome Indy2Jax to argue this.
He's not here, but I'll try: ice is water. Ice is not wet. Water is not wet. Where's my $10?

Quote:Can't believe this Still happens in a civilised country.

Maybe we can ship all the bad people to your country.

Quote:Maybe we can ship all the bad people to your country.

They seem to think they do such a wonderful job rehabilitating them, so let's pay for their imprisonment while over there. When their sentences end, they'll get a productive member of society.

Win-win

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2017, 12:53 AM by Solid Snake.)

Cost of tree - free

And it would be "green" by not using any energy. A win-win all the way around.
Sure you're very familiar with that.

Did Jeff Sessions teach that class?

Quote:Maybe we can ship all the bad people to your country.

Well there is some history of that in Australia.

Cost of tree - free

And it would be "green" by not using any energy. A win-win all the way around.

Hangings in Mississippi? What an original thought!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

I have no mercy for felons who commit murder.. I like the "eye for an eye" method. You shoot someone and kill em, you die by firing squad.. You take a drill to someone's head and kill em? You get your skull full of DeWALT holes.. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for you.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I have no mercy for felons who commit murder.. I like the "eye for an eye" method. You shoot someone and kill em, you die by firing squad.. You take a drill to someone's head and kill em? You get your skull full of DeWALT holes.. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for you.

That makes you the same as them.

Quote:That makes you the same as them.

How is that exactly?

We should dig a hole to the Earth's core....

and drop them in.

Doesn't that sound more fun?

Quote:We should dig a hole to the Earth's core....

and drop them in.

Doesn't that sound more fun?

I always liked the idea of burying them up to their necks in sand and letting Rory McIlroy hit then with a driver like a human golf ball. Depending on the crime, you may or may not see it coming.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2017, 09:42 AM by superfan32.)

For those against the death penalty.

If somebody murders another person or persons (they obviously do not value human life)...so why should we value their life?  Why should we foot the bill to feed them three square meals a day and house them and clothes them for the rest of their lives?  They are useless and do not contribute to society.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:For those against the death penalty.

If somebody murders another person or persons (they obviously do not value human life)...so why should we value their life? Why should we foot the bill to feed them three square meals a day and house them and clothes them for the rest of their lives? They are useless and do not contribute to society.

Because we are not sick criminals. Sounds like to me some want to be just as violent as the criminals they abhor. Simple putting them down will do. No need to copy their violence.

I'm not necessarily an advocate for an "eye for and eye"...I simply don't think that we should pay to keep them alive in captivity.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Because we are not sick criminals. Sounds like to me some want to be just as violent as the criminals they abhor. Simple putting them down will do. No need to copy their violence.

A 2/3 majority of this country disagrees.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:So we have to pay for that meal still?
Fair point....

I'm actually torn on the death penalty.

I'm anti-war. Anti-anyone-killing-anyone...

But a murderous killer doesn't deserve 3 hots and a cot.

And he doesn't deserve humane....

And the tax payers don't deserve to foot the bill on housing the baddest dudes (and dudettes) on this planet.

And to think that somehow America as a society is above the death penalty is obscene lol

We just had 8 yrs of drone strikes overseas that killed far too many innocent civilians.

I think we can sleep easy with knocking off one person that made it their mission to put hurt in people's lives.

Speaking of which... when are we going to go after the killer that killed those innocent people overseas?

Oh... we're not..