Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Happy 4/20...now legalize it!

Did you guys hear about our budget surplus?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Never did like the people who looked down at others for doing something that they personally don't do.. If someone wants to smoke weed, that's their business and I say toke up. Weed is unfairly on prohibition right now, just like alcohol has been in the past.

Don't like weed? Just wait until the government gets a taste of that tax money it's going generate. Better at least learn to accept it.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Never did like the people who looked down at others for doing something that they personally don't do.. If someone wants to smoke weed, that's their business and I say toke up. Weed is unfairly on prohibition right now, just like alcohol has been in the past.

Don't like weed? Just wait until the government gets a taste of that tax money it's going generate. Better at least learn to accept it.
Yeah, Colorado is booming on dope heads.

Quote:No thanks. Hate me if you want. I don't give a crap. Dope heads are just complete idiots and I will look down on them for not caring about themselves or others.

Who says they don't care about others? You don't need to be such a female apparatus to people who make different choices than yourself..

Quote:Who says they don't care about others? You don't need to be such a female apparatus to people who make different choices than yourself..
It's one thing to do different things. It's another to do something that makes you a worse person and hurt those around you. Marijuana turns normally decent people into scum. It takes away all inhibitions and makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. Their is 0 value in doing marijuana. 

Quote:It's one thing to do different things. It's another to do something that makes you a worse person and hurt those around you. Marijuana turns normally decent people into scum. It takes away all inhibitions and makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. Their is 0 value in doing marijuana. 

There's zero value to you.  There's no value to me to making it illegal.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:It's one thing to do different things. It's another to do something that makes you a worse person and hurt those around you. Marijuana turns normally decent people into scum. It takes away all inhibitions and makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. Their is 0 value in doing marijuana.

I'd like to see you say that to a mother who's child depends on low doses of medical marijuana because of deadly epileptic seizures.. My best guess is, you'd have 0 teeth and you'd be drinkin your dinner through a straw.

Wolverdope
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

[Image: freddy-is-bewildered-o.gif]

Quote:It's one thing to do different things. It's another to do something that makes you a worse person and hurt those around you. Marijuana turns normally decent people into scum. It takes away all inhibitions and makes you do things you wouldn't normally do. Their is 0 value in doing marijuana. T

All of that is irrelevant
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Interesting...

It appears you've done your research on this matter. Can you please provide a link to the peer reviewed journal you were published in so I can read how you gathered your data and analyzed your conclusions?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 08:58 AM by The Drifter.)

Quote:Interesting...

It appears you've done your research on this matter. Can you please provide a link to the peer reviewed journal you were published in so I can read how you gathered your data and analyzed your conclusions?

He just watched Reefer Madness from 1936 to arrive at his conclusion........

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."
[Image: mds111.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 09:25 AM by The Drifter.)

Posted this in another thread a while back, but it's relevent here:

The one thing they don’t talk about anywhere (at least in government circles) is why pot is illegal in the first place.

The main reason it is illegal is because back in the 30′s William Randolph Hearst owned a lot of newspapers and owned the paper mills that printed the paper. Hemp (which of course is not exactly the same thing as marijuana but is commonly associated and lumped together with it) was competing with his paper production so he rallied his friends in power (government) and finally made it illegal in 1937. I don’t think a lot of people know this.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.theagitator.com/2002/09/29/william-randolph-hearst-and-the-criminalization-of-marijuana/' title="External link">http://www.theagitat...n-of-marijuana/</a>

The demonization of the cannabis plant was an extension of the demonization of the Mexican immigrants. In an effort to control and keep tabs on these new citizens, El Paso, TX borrowed a play from San Francisco’s playbook, which had <a class="bbc_url" href='http://earlydruglaw.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/november-15-1875/' title="External link">outlawed opium</a> decades earlier in an effort to control Chinese immigrants. The idea was to have an excuse to search, detain and deport Mexican immigrants.

That excuse became marijuana.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-marijuana-become-illegal-first-place' title="External link">http://www.drugpolic...gal-first-place</a>

Around the turn of the 20th century companies like DuPont created chemicals that were used in processing of paper; DuPont also created chemicals used for pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, which were used extensively by the cotton industry (cotton is MUCH more chemical and water intensive compared to hemp). While this was going on, William Randolph Hearst invested in timber and mills to produce the paper for his newspaper, which was the largest chain in the U.S. at the time. His investments in the timber industry were backed by Mellon Bank.

The U.S. Secretary of the Treasury at that time was Andrew Mellon, who happened to own Mellon Bank (and was one of the backers for DuPont as well). Mellon’s niece was married to Harry Anslinger who, incidentally, was connected to the alcohol prohibition campaign. He was out of a job (as were everyone else in that sector of the federal government) after the alcohol prohibition ended. To keep his family employed, Mellon created a new division of the federal government, the Bureau of Narcotics, and made Harry Anslinger the new head of that program.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/06/27/the-hemp-conspiracy-why-u-s-hemp-farming-was-banned/' title="External link">http://www.wakingtim...ing-was-banned/</a>

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:Posted this in another thread a while back, but it's relevent here:

The one thing they don’t talk about anywhere (at least in government circles) is why pot is illegal in the first place.

The main reason it is illegal is because back in the 30′s William Randolph Hearst owned a lot of newspapers and owned the paper mills that printed the paper. Hemp (which of course is not exactly the same thing as marijuana but is commonly associated and lumped together with it) was competing with his paper production so he rallied his friends in power (government) and finally made it illegal in 1937. I don’t think a lot of people know this.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.theagitator.com/2002/09/29/william-randolph-hearst-and-the-criminalization-of-marijuana/' title="External link">http://www.theagitat...n-of-marijuana/</a>

The demonization of the cannabis plant was an extension of the demonization of the Mexican immigrants. In an effort to control and keep tabs on these new citizens, El Paso, TX borrowed a play from San Francisco’s playbook, which had <a class="bbc_url" href='http://earlydruglaw.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/november-15-1875/' title="External link">outlawed opium</a> decades earlier in an effort to control Chinese immigrants. The idea was to have an excuse to search, detain and deport Mexican immigrants.

That excuse became marijuana.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/how-did-marijuana-become-illegal-first-place' title="External link">http://www.drugpolic...gal-first-place</a>

Around the turn of the 20th century companies like DuPont created chemicals that were used in processing of paper; DuPont also created chemicals used for pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, which were used extensively by the cotton industry (cotton is MUCH more chemical and water intensive compared to hemp). While this was going on, William Randolph Hearst invested in timber and mills to produce the paper for his newspaper, which was the largest chain in the U.S. at the time. His investments in the timber industry were backed by Mellon Bank.

The U.S. Secretary of the Treasury at that time was Andrew Mellon, who happened to own Mellon Bank (and was one of the backers for DuPont as well). Mellon’s niece was married to Harry Anslinger who, incidentally, was connected to the alcohol prohibition campaign. He was out of a job (as were everyone else in that sector of the federal government) after the alcohol prohibition ended. To keep his family employed, Mellon created a new division of the federal government, the Bureau of Narcotics, and made Harry Anslinger the new head of that program.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/06/27/the-hemp-conspiracy-why-u-s-hemp-farming-was-banned/' title="External link">http://www.wakingtim...ing-was-banned/</a>

All very true. As Vic used to to say, you can get to the heart of most things if you just follow the money.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Interesting...

Come on guys, let's go easy on him. He has obviously lost loved ones to the marijuanas. Now all he has left is Tebow.

My oh My. such an intellegent argument you pose...........

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2015, 03:15 PM by The Drifter.)

He probably believes all the propaganda spoon fed to him in a government run school.

One of my Best friends was killed by a drunk and high driver..... You didn't hear me scream for the banning of alcohol because of the actions of one person. People can drink Responsibly and most do. Just like people can smoke marijuana and function in a polite society. It's just a small percentage that abuse any substance (including food) that make it hard on the rest.

Quote:He probably believes all the propaganda spoon fed to him in a government run school.

One of my Best friends was killed by a drunk and high driver..... You didn't hear me scream for the banning of alcohol because of the actions of one person. People can drink Responsibly and most do. Just like people can smoke marijuana and function in a polite society. It's just a small percentage that abuse any substance (including food) that make it hard on the rest.

Of course, we have those poor souls who smoke too much weed, then get the munchies and eat too much.

Gateway drug, indeed.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:He probably believes all the propaganda spoon fed to him in a government run school.

I thought the same thing when I first read what he typed, seemed to be the typical almost cartoonish portrayal of someone who smokes pot.

The irony in all of wolverjags posts is what makes them so special.  Where have you gathered all of your knowledge from wolverjag?