Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Muslim Students Rush Stage, Force Cancellation of University’s ‘American Sniper’ Showing

The article they cited makes no mention of them chanting anything, much less anti-american slogans. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The article they cited makes no mention of them chanting anything, much less anti-american slogans. 

You need better reading comprehension. From the article: But during the first showing, four protesters climbed onstage at the Student Center Auditorium chanting anti-American slogans and demanding the screening be stopped

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:You need better reading comprehension. From the article: But during the first showing, four protesters climbed onstage at the Student Center Auditorium chanting anti-American slogans and demanding the screening be stopped

The article does not quote what they actually said, so we just take this unbiased web site's word that it was anti-American?

Your reputation precedes you, Drifter. I take nothing you post at face value.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Shout Anti-American slogans and wham! you're gone back to the sandbox you came from

Quote:You don't come to this country and then protest to change it to the customs of where you came from. America, Love it or LEAVE it
I find this extremely hypocritical for any American to say something like this. Yes it's offensive for them to rush on stage and shout anti-American rhetoric; but they have just as much of a right to freely express their views as you, me, and everyone else on this board does. Deporting and imprisoning people simply for expressing their views (no matter how offensive or unpopular it sounds) is as un-American as it can get. It's totalitarian. It's what our founders fought against in the first place.

Yes they can leave- and they should have protested this in a more civil manner, but your statement makes other conservatives look bad. This type of rhetoric is one of the reasons why no-one in the mainstream media takes us seriously, and why everything is so partisan these days.

Quote:The article does not quote what they actually said, so we just take this unbiased web site's word that it was anti-American?

Your reputation precedes you, Drifter. I take nothing you post at face value.

No other source I can find says that they were saying anything Anti-American.

Quote:I find this extremely hypocritical for any American to say something like this. Yes it's offensive for them to rush on stage and shout anti-American rhetoric; but they have just as much of a right to freely express their views as you, me, and everyone else on this board does. Deporting and imprisoning people simply for expressing their views (no matter how offensive or unpopular it sounds) is as un-American as it can get. It's totalitarian. It's what our founders fought against in the first place.

Yes they can leave- and they should have protested this in a more civil manner, but your statement makes other conservatives look bad. This type of rhetoric is one of the reasons why no-one in the mainstream media takes us seriously, and why everything is so partisan these days.

Reminds me of when the Dixie Chicks said they were ashamed Bush was from Texas, and everyone wanted to Deport them.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Does no one else think it weird the movie was being shown on a college campus? I didn't think college campus's were a target audience for a movie like this. 

Quote:You need better reading comprehension. From the article: But during the first showing, four protesters climbed onstage at the Student Center Auditorium chanting anti-American slogans and demanding the screening be stopped

Um...ok let me try this again 

The article they ("Top Right News") cited (Campus Reform) makes no mention of them chanting anything, much less anti-american slogans...in fact the only thing that could be halfway interpreted as such is this 

Quote: “Once the film started the protesters moved into the theater and disrupted the movie. Department of Public Safety officers were summoned and the protesters were given several warnings
."

Hmm that makes no mention of them saying "death to america" or whatever Top Right "News" is trying to get it's readers to believe.  Maybe the schools paper who is the original source makes mention of it :

Quote:The protesters filed onto the stage under the screen and held up two signs. One read, “Is this your idea of dialogue?” and the other one had the definition of propaganda.

Where in any of that is them chanting "anti-american" slogans?

Who supports the protesters on this one?

Quote:Who supports the protesters on this one?

I support their right to a speedy trial.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I support their right to a speedy trial.

Lol, I don't think misdemeanors or little tickets get trial by jury... I could be wrong.

Unless you are saying they should be tried fur treason?

Quote:Lol, I don't think misdemeanors or little tickets get trial by jury... I could be wrong.

Unless you are saying they should be tried fur treason?

They'll probably get an administrative hearing before a sympathetic faculty member.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:They'll probably get an administrative hearing before a sympathetic faculty member.

Nothing wrong with that. They are college students. Not really at the level of high crimes...

Quote:No other source I can find says that they were saying anything Anti-American.

No source either to show that they themselves were anything but American. But "Deport them to a sandbox" and whatnot.

;

;

Quote:That's as Un-American a statement as anything I've seen here.

With a dash of racism to boot!
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

More than a dash

;

;

Quote:Reminds me of when the Dixie Chicks said they were ashamed Bush was from Texas, and everyone wanted to Deport them.

The worst part of that came five years later when the same people condemning the Dixie Chicks were praising artists spouting hateful vitriol about Obama. Apparently they forgot about the whole "support your president, no matter what".

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2015, 12:15 PM by boudreaumw.)

Quote:I find this extremely hypocritical for any American to say something like this. Yes it's offensive for them to rush on stage and shout anti-American rhetoric; but they have just as much of a right to freely express their views as you, me, and everyone else on this board does. Deporting and imprisoning people simply for expressing their views (no matter how offensive or unpopular it sounds) is as un-American as it can get. It's totalitarian. It's what our founders fought against in the first place.

No his type of rhetoric is very common, celebrated, and rewarded in the conservative community. You can see that just about anywhere. 

Quote:The worst part of that came five years later when the same people condemning the Dixie Chicks were praising artists spouting hateful vitriol about Obama. Apparently they forgot about the whole "support your president, no matter what".

Conservatives are immune to irony. Doesn't even register.

Quote:Shout Anti-American slogans and wham! you're gone back to the sandbox you came from

A lot of these Muslim students came from here.  Where are we deporting them to?  Detroit? 

Shouting anti-American slogans is protected speech whether we like it or not.  That pesky Bill of Rights covers something about speech I believe. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No his type of rhetoric is very common, celebrated, and rewarded in the conservative community. You can see that just about anywhere. 

Not really.  While most conservatives that I know would not agree with the protest or the way that it was done, most would not say such a thing.  You see that expressed here by many conservative-leaning people including myself.  While I don't agree with their protest or how they carried it out, I don't advocate incarceration or deportation and I support their right to free speech.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.