Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daredevil on Netflix

Quote:No?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0287978/

Watched the first episode with my wife last night.  She wasn't too into watching it, but halfway through I think she was pretty interested.  I think some of the stuff makes no sense, but its a comic hero....the walking stick and then beating the crap out of people within 5 minutes is pretty funny.
I think it helps to know some background of Matt Murdock, which they're not throwing up all at once, but it can be a bit aggravating not having that to fall back on. The only good thing about the movie Daredevil is I remember some of the MM background so am able to see how he's able to do the stuff he does. I like that they're not wasting time with an origin story but rather showing us as we go along.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2015, 10:34 AM by jtmoney.)

One more episode to go. I'm completely hooked now. I think what I like most about the show is it doesn't make everything black and white. Good people do bad things and bad people do good things. Bad people have feelings, love, have friends, etc... much in the same way that good people do. Fisk and Daredevil are similar in many ways. Most of the time in these super hero shows or movies they show the good guys and the bad guys and it is mostly black and white. Both Fisk and the Daredevil truly believe in what they are doing and both love the city and people in their own way. It's a very interesting dynamic.

Quote:One more episode to go. I'm completely hooked now. I think what I like most about the show is it doesn't make everything black and white. Good people do bad things and bad people do good things. Bad people have feelings, love, have friends, etc... much in the same way that good people do. Fisk and Daredevil are similar in many ways. Most of the time in these super hero shows or movies they show the good guys and the bad guys and it is mostly black and white. Both Fisk and the Daredevil truly believe in what they are doing and both love the city and people in their own way. It's a very interesting dynamic.
You said it very well. You could essentially emphasize with both Fisk and Murdock because each are trying to do the same thing, which is make the city better, but the path traveled to the end goal is where the story is and what you get to see. 

Just finshed the season, absolutly great show... I cant get over how fisk is the werid detective from law and order:criminal intent...i will say he makes a much better villian than good guy.

Quote:Just finshed the season, absolutly great show... I cant get over how fisk is the werid detective from law and order:criminal intent...i will say he makes a much better villian than good guy.

Holy crap. I did not realize that. He got big.

Quote:Holy crap. I did not realize that. He got big.

He was also the alien in Men In Black 1.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:He was also the alien in Men In Black 1.
He will always be private Pyle to me. 

Quote:He will always be private Pyle to me.
And the last tidbit of info. Vincent D'Onofrio is slightly autistic.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:And the last tidbit of info. Vincent D'Onofrio is slightly autistic.
Huh, didn't know that. Good for him not letting something like that define him and making a career for himself. 

Officially renewed for a second season next year. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/22/m...howrunners

Quote:He will always be private Pyle to me. 

Ditto.

And not to "pyle" on... I just started Daredevil this week and echo most folks sentiments.

Like Breaking Bad, etc... this is another programming gem.  Very compelling storytelling.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."