Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Silver Star and Green Beret Rank STRIPPED from Army Major by Obama Admin

Quote:"I won."

Chronology... it's not just for Dr. Who fans anymore... :-)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Come on your citing partisan issues and your surprised the opposition isn't playing nice?

Equal pay, Obama hasn't done anything other then give a couple bullet point speeches. the democrats held the senate and didn't even try to do anything about it. Why because it's a talking point to rally their base not a real issue.

Diplomacy they supported him across the board arming Syria how'd that work out? Sure they oppose him against Iran and I've even said I think they went to far but they've backed Obama on foreign policy more than the democrats ever did Bush. If anything the republicans have gone along to get along to much with the Middle East.

Immigration, he's proposed the most radical of left wing options and he had republicans backing him ( looking at you Rubio) it wasn't until after grass roots freaked out the republicans started to oppose his stance. But are you surprised Republicans oppose blanket amnesty? Do you really think that's a workable solution?

As for unemployment that's a joke you've got more part time workers and the smallest work force participation in decades of course the isolated unemployment numbers are low. But hey the stock markets up! Good for the rich I guess but I thought it was only republicans catering to the rich?
That was kind of my point that every issue seems to be a partisan issue even ones that make sense to all Americans like equal pay. As soon as its uttered its an awful evil idea.

Unemployment is down greatly I don't know why you argue that. So what if it part time. Aren't you all for the free market and bootstrapping hard workers?

Quote:That was kind of my point that every issue seems to be a partisan issue even ones that make sense to all Americans like equal pay. As soon as its uttered its an awful evil idea.

Unemployment is down greatly I don't know why you argue that. So what if it part time. Aren't you all for the free market and bootstrapping hard workers?

So if it "makes sense to all Americans" then who thinks its an awful idea?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So if it "makes sense to all Americans" then who thinks its an awful idea?

All reasonable Americans. I always forget there are plenty of people that fully support women being paid less than men.

Quote:All reasonable Americans. I always forget there are plenty of people that fully support women being paid less than men.

So you still believe in that disproven notion, hmmm?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:That was kind of my point that every issue seems to be a partisan issue even ones that make sense to all Americans like equal pay. As soon as its uttered its an awful evil idea.

80% of Americans opposed the Citizens United ruling.  65% strongly opposed it.

Of course the spin-masters have tried making it seem like doing anything against the decision is 'neutering the first amendment'.  Yet most people still oppose it.  (And I'd imagine most reasonable people do)

There's too much corporate influence in politics.  So while most reasonable people agree with something, the corporations do not.  And they're the ones a lot of politicians care most about.  On both sides of the aisle.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:So you still believe in that disproven notion, hmmm?
It's not a disproved notion. Not in the slightest. I know, I know, it's a "liberal" idea and you have to automatically see it as lies. 

For example:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/02/25...vey-finds/

Quote:80% of Americans opposed the Citizens United ruling.  65% strongly opposed it.

Of course the spin-masters have tried making it seem like doing anything against the decision is 'neutering the first amendment'.  Yet most people still oppose it.  (And I'd imagine most reasonable people do)

There's too much corporate influence in politics.  So while most reasonable people agree with something, the corporations do not.  And they're the ones a lot of politicians care most about.  On both sides of the aisle.
It's disgusting when the will of the people, so clearly in favor of a thing, is completely ignored. There are many issues in which this is the case. 

Quote:It's disgusting when the will of the people, so clearly in favor of a thing, is completely ignored. There are many issues in which this is the case. 

Especially in favor of corporations who don't have the best interests of America in mind.  Or even in the slightest bit.  I stopped being a Libertarian once I realized businesses have NO loyalty to any country.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:80% of Americans opposed the Citizens United ruling.  65% strongly opposed it.

80% of Americans don't know what Citizens United is, much less the details of the case.

Quote:It's not a disproved notion. Not in the slightest. I know, I know, it's a "liberal" idea and you have to automatically see it as lies. 

For example:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/02/25...vey-finds/

Ridiculous. When controled to like circumstances women and men are paid the same rate for the same work. It's so disproven that even the mainstream media agreed years ago.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-gender-p...lete-myth/

Quote:Ridiculous. When controled to like circumstances women and men are paid the same rate for the same work. It's so disproven that even the mainstream media agreed years ago.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-gender-p...lete-myth/
Interesting. I'll read the linked article inside their since this one provides more data.

It also does not disprove the information in the link I posted regarding RN's

Quote:80% of Americans don't know what Citizens United is, much less the details of the case.
You tell a rational person what Citizens United allows and they are overwhelming opposed to it. 

Quote:You tell a rational person what Citizens United allows and they are overwhelming opposed to it.

Rational? So because I'm for it I'm irrational? Lol. Nice way to frame the argument.

Quote:Rational? So because I'm for it I'm irrational? Lol. Nice way to frame the argument.

What exactly do you find beneficial to our republic in regards to Citizens United?

Quote:What exactly do you find beneficial to our republic in regards to Citizens United?

The freedom to act politically in groups.

Quote:The freedom to act politically in groups.
In groups that cannot be convicted of anything have near zero liability for things. Yup, same that as a group of you and your neighbors. 

Quote:Rational? So because I'm for it I'm irrational? Lol. Nice way to frame the argument.
Yes, rational people do not think faceless companies should be able to influence politics as much as they should. Hence why the overwhelming majority dislike CU.

Quote:Yes, rational people do not think faceless companies should be able to influence politics as much as they should. Hence why the overwhelming majority dislike CU.

Don't you hate it when you get brainwashed into being a corporate apologist?

Corporations = people

Money = speech

It's the irrational people that hate people being free to act in their own best interests who are the problem.