Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump makes unannounced trip to honor fallen SEAL

Quote:You don't know what Obama did for fallen heroes, because it wasn't publicized. You can bet your Orange Emperor will have everyone know what a great leader he is.

Yeah, like President Narcissus didn't put everthing he did on twitter. C'mon now, you aren't that foggy that the last 8 years are gone from your brain.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Looks like the unannounced trip may have been in part due to a guilty conscience:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/us-military-officials-trump-ordered-raid-in-yemen-that-killed-us-navy-seal-was-approved-without-sufficient-intelligence-2017-2?client=safari'>https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/us-military-officials-trump-ordered-raid-in-yemen-that-killed-us-navy-seal-was-approved-without-sufficient-intelligence-2017-2?client=safari</a>
While people bicker about Trump going to see the fallen soldier, this is what they should be talking about.

The man sent troops in there without proper intelligence. Killing a US Seal and also killing women and children.

He acts and speaks without thinking.

Quote:While people bicker about Trump going to see the fallen soldier, this is what they should be talking about.

The man sent troops in there without proper intelligence. Killing a US Seal and also killing women and children.

Shame on you. New low for you two.

Quote:Shame on you. New low for you two.
What's wrong with what I said?

People are bickering back and forth about Trump going to see the fallen soldier. I'm glad he did.

The real issue here is the fact that he sent troops in there without sufficient intelligence. Is that not what happened? Fill me in.

Quote:While people bicker about Trump going to see the fallen soldier, this is what they should be talking about.

There was plenty of intel. This was in the works since last year. This isn't a video game and real people get hurt/killed. There are acceptable risks involved in each action. Without giving specific details, if team leads feel they have been compromised or the situation takes a last second turn, they have the authority to "knock-it-off". To think the POTUS is around for the ride from the word go is ignorant. SECDEF made the call but you won't hear that part.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2017, 09:53 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:What's wrong with what I said?

People are bickering back and forth about Trump going to see the fallen soldier. I'm glad he did.

The real issue here is the fact that he sent troops in there without sufficient intelligence. Is that not what happened? Fill me in.

This has been in the works for awhile now. US Military officials talked to Reuters? Yeah, ok.

Ok Cleatwood. Had the mission gone on with no casualties, would Obama be getting the credit for putting it together and Trump just executing it? We all know your answer already, so it was more rhetorical. 

Trump is a better person than the soulless leftists who troll here.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:There was plenty of intel. This was in the works since last year. This isn't a video game and real people get hurt/killed. There are acceptable risks involved in each action. Without giving specific details, if team leads feel they have been compromised or the situation takes a last second turn, they have the authority to "knock-it-off". To think the POTUS is around for the ride from the word go is ignorant. SECDEF made the call but you won't hear that part.
I understand it was in the works for a while but Obama didn't pull the trigger.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/world...p=cur&_r=1

To me, it seems like all their intel was incorrect and if more intelligence had been collected, this whole situation could have been avoided.

Quote:Trump is a better person than the soulless leftists who troll here.
Who's trolling?

Because some people are trying to have a discussion about if this strike had enough intelligence gathered to give it the green light? You're lumping every single person who says one negative thing about Trump in with the crowd who hates him no matter what he does. There are actually quite a few people on this board who are on the fence about Trump and willing to give him a chance to do some good. Instead of calling people "soulless", you could actually have a conversation.

Quote:Who's trolling?

Because some people are trying to have a discussion about if this strike had enough intelligence gathered to give it the green light? You're lumping every single person who says one negative thing about Trump in with the crowd who hates him no matter what he does. There are actually quite a few people on this board who are on the fence about Trump and willing to give him a chance to do some good. Instead of calling people "soulless", you could actually have a conversation.

This isn't a campaign. The conversation is more fragile when there are casualties involved and you are indirectly placing their blood on Trump's hands.

Quote:This isn't a campaign. The conversation is more fragile when there are casualties involved and you are indirectly placing their blood on Trump's hands.
So when something good happens, Trump is "winning" but when something bad happens, he has no blame?

Quote:Did Trump used to do this before politics? Or just something he does when it looks good?

http://ijr.com/2015/11/461306-these-5-ac...y-persona/

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I understand it was in the works for a while but Obama didn't pull the trigger.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/world...p=cur&_r=1

To me, it seems like all their intel was incorrect and if more intelligence had been collected, this whole situation could have been avoided.
That isn't how it works. There will be errors and there will be loss of life. I explained a little in my other response.

Quote:So when something good happens, Trump is "winning" but when something bad happens, he has no blame?
Why so quick to want to place blame and direct blame on the POTUS? Do you realize similar actions take place weekly that you don't hear about? Going to give him credit? The fact of the matter is that the POTUS has very little to do with the performance and outcome of these missions and most times is just back-briefed. This is ridiculous. Fallen honor to finger pointing.

Quote:Who's trolling?

Because there's no basis, and there's no adult conversation you're having.  It's simple, mindless, childish crying.

I would suggest to those posting without having military experience or intimate knowledge of this particular op to hold their comments to themselves. All you are doing is showing your extreme level of ignorance in this matter. All ops have risks and good men and women sometimes perish. They accept that risk willingly. As Commander in Chief Trump ultimately bears the responsibility (not the fault) of all military members  who perish whether in combat or training or accident and believe me when I tell you he will have many sleepless nights because of it. He as well accepted this willingly.

Some of you here are letting your political ideology and personal feeling of Trump expose your extreme ignorance. Shameful really.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

The fact that people could somehow have a negative thing to say about this shows how jaded you could really be about him.  If any president were to visit a fallen military members family they would deserve all the respect in the world.  Many of you have next to no class.

Benghazi says "hi!" (on a youtube video)

Not going to comment on the politics but I will enlighten on the intelligence and military aspects of the raid.

There was and is plenty of intelligence leading up to and after the raid. No special forces undertake a raid such as this without mountains of intelligence. The intelligence was solid and up to the second current, before and after the raid.

As to women and children being killed there are a couple of reasons it happens.

Very likely, the women were active shooters and would be killed as would anyone else that chooses to pick up a weapon.

The little girl was most likely being used as a shield. It happens everyday in the ME. I would not doubt for a second that someone was holding or hiding behind this little girl and engaging the SEALS.

Another very real possibility is the women and girl were killed by AL Qaeda themselves. Most AQ shooters are not very disciplined when shooting. Very easy for them to say the SEALS shot the girl. 

Lastly, tragic that a SEAL lost his life. The SEALS and all special forces is a very dangerous profession. People die, very good honorable, brave people die. People die in combat and people die in training. Broken legs, fingers noses, are common in training and comes with the job as does death.

Fair winds and following seas brother.

Quote:Trump is a better person than the soulless leftists who troll here.

More importantly, he actually truly cares and appreciates the military. His predecessor absolutely did not.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.