Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More Progress

Quote:Remember the good old days when president Obama came in and the right cried over and over he was a tyrant, we didn't elect a king, omg the executive orders are out of control.

It's awesome to see the incredible double standard these past couple of weeks by the MSM and this message board.

Did we even have the political board when Obama was elected?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Admittedly, I know jack squat about net neutrality regs. For those in favor of them, what is great about it? For those against, what is bad about it?

It's good in the sense that it prevents companies from putting premiums on using certain services. It is bad in the sense that it doesn't address WHY a company would put a premium on a service, and it is bad in that it is another form of regulating business.

If most ISP had legitimate competition, the concept of putting a premium on a service would be a moot point because another company could just not do that and acquire their business. However, because of state-granted infrastructure monopolies to groups like Comcast and ATT, these companies are free to do or charge whatever and however they want, hence the need for regulation. Government interference in the market leading to government regulation of the market.

Quote:Did we even have the political board when Obama was elected?

Negative.

Quote:Negative.

Then how could we complain on here when he was elected?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Then how could we complain on here when he was elected?

Through subtle remarks that are typically deleted on the football or sideline forums? Laughing

I am sure Obama has signed some questionable EO's since the political forum's creation, though.

Quote:The government shouldn't be mandating such things, if the market requires it then it will be in the market.
Normally I would agree but mental health is something that a lot of insurances won't carry on their own but is absolutely necessary. The market isn't going to know or do jack about it because it's such a taboo area of healthcare and no one wants to talk about it. In the case of mental health coverage I have no problem with the government mandating it. Too many people suffer from a variety of mental illnesses, including myself, for it not to be considered a very serious matter. 

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017, 02:54 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Conservatives: Guns aren't the problem!  Mental health is.  But let's not do anything about mental health.....Apparently their thoughts and prayers are just virtue signaling.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Conservatives: Guns aren't the problem!  Mental health is.  But let's not do anything about mental health.....Apparently their thoughts and prayers are just virtue signaling.
Just stopping in to spew nonsense or you have some inside news that healthcare and mental health is not important to this administration whether conservative or any other label you put on them?

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Just stopping in to spew nonsense or you have some inside news that healthcare and mental health is not important to this administration whether conservative or any other label you put on them?

Poo flingers gotta fling.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Just stopping in to spew nonsense or you have some inside news that healthcare and mental health is not important to this administration whether conservative or any other label you put on them?

I'm referring to flsptsgod.  In case you missed it, which apparently you did. 

Quote:I'm referring to flsptsgod.  In case you missed it, which apparently you did. 
Page 1, yeah got it. Not that it matters, but this awesome little quote feature is available! So no news about how you believe the government could care less about mental illness? Okay.

Quote:Page 1, yeah got it. Not that it matters, but this awesome little quote feature is available! So no news about how you believe the government could care less about mental illness? Okay.

Call me when the government actually does something about it.  I'll be waiting.

Quote:Call me when the government actually does something about it.  I'll be waiting.
Just keep an ear out for the liberal whining...it's like a Bat Signal!

Quote:Just keep an ear out for the liberal whining...it's like a Bat Signal!

Oh look, yet another of the hivemind attacking the idea of the 'liberal'.  *yawn* Get a new gimmick.

Quote:Normally I would agree but mental health is something that a lot of insurances won't carry on their own but is absolutely necessary. The market isn't going to know or do jack about it because it's such a taboo area of healthcare and no one wants to talk about it. In the case of mental health coverage I have no problem with the government mandating it. Too many people suffer from a variety of mental illnesses, including myself, for it not to be considered a very serious matter.

Every serious matter does not require government intervention in the market. In fact, government intervention is why our healthcare market is so hampered.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Oh look, yet another of the hivemind attacking the idea of the 'liberal'.  *yawn* Get a new gimmick.
Not my gimmick to give up. Talk to your sheep bedmates.

Quote:Conservatives: Guns aren't the problem!  Mental health is.  But let's not do anything about mental health.....Apparently their thoughts and prayers are just virtue signaling.

This is silly, mental health care does not require the government's help to exist. We simply don't require a government solution to every circumstance of life.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Call me when the government actually does something about it.  I'll be waiting.

We used to have government institutionalization for the mentally ill. How'd that work out for them?

Quote:This is silly, mental health care does not require the government's help to exist. We simply don't require a government solution to every circumstance of life.

Yea cause getting bums off the street is a hyper competitive market for corporations, I'm sure the "free market" will fix that problem. I mean, look how well it is doing now! /s

Quote:Yea cause getting bums off the street is a hyper competitive market for corporations, I'm sure the "free market" will fix that problem. I mean, look how well it is doing now! /s

Here's a thought.  Many of those "bums off the street" happen to be veterans.  Would you be opposed to government helping them out over "refugees" from hostile countries?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.