Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Carolyn Bryant Donham admits to lying about Emmit Till flirting with her.

Quote:What agenda do I have?

He's moving the goal posts. Don't even

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If we're all about justice, we need to be all about justice for everyone.

Justice isn't dealt with equity between race and class.

Quote:So I should forgive everything single white person who lynched, hung, killed, maimed, etc every black person from Slavery through the civil rights era up to now simply because of the color of our skin? 

You're really going to hold on to an offense that is not yours based on the color of your skin? That's an absurd way to live your life.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You're really going to hold on to an offense that is not yours based on the color of your skin? That's an absurd way to live your life.

You don't have any authority to tell me what I need to be offended about or decide what effects me. Jesus decides that for me, stay in your own lane over there.

You don't know me personally to know how I live my life. Just understand I'm going to continue to speak how I feel. If you don't like it add me to your ignore list and move on.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:You don't have any authority to tell me what I need to be offended about or decide what effects me. Jesus decides that for me, stay in your own lane over there.

You don't know me personally to know how I live my life. Just understand I'm going to continue to speak how I feel. If you don't like it add me to your ignore list and move on.

And testy too. So much anger and hate. Tisk, tisk. A shame really, such a waste of your life.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:And testy too. So much anger and hate. Tisk, tisk. A shame really, such a waste of your life.

It's quite the opposite, and its obvious you are trolling for more attention. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:It's quite the opposite, and its obvious you are trolling for more attention. 

Just words, just speeches.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2017, 12:15 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:She's an 82 year old woman and it happened at a way different time in HISTORY
What the forklift does that have to do with anything? She told lies that led to an innocent man being murdered, then perjured herself to get his murderers off the hook. Yes, she belongs in jail. Her age and the date of the crime have nothing to do with it, and I'm at a loss as to how any decent human being (of which you are one) could argue that those are mitigating factors. She's an accessory to first degree murder.

Quote:What the forklift does that have to do with anything? She told lies that led to an innocent man being murdered, then perjured herself to get his murderers off the hook. Yes, she belongs in jail. Her age and the date of the crime have nothing to do with it, and I'm at a loss as to how any decent human being (of which you are one) could argue that those are mitigating factors. She's an accessory to first degree murder.

I agree with this.

But if the roles were reversed and it was an 82 year old black woman, I doubt JFC would be calling for her imprisonment.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I agree with this.

But if the roles were reversed and it was an 82 year old black woman, I doubt JFC would be calling for her imprisonment.

Nah, he'd be all "walker up, don't shoot!"

Quote:I agree with this.

I'm not sure you agree with the above if this is your take of JFC's opinion of the roles were reversed. Lying and causing a heinous murder and then lying again to let the murderers off is deplorable to any decent person regardless of color or culture. I saw a story of a former nazi brought to justice and he was in his nineties. Wanting this woman brought to justice isn't out of the question although highly unlikely. Questioning the OP on a hypothetical scenario if the roles were reversed implies sympathy for Donham.

Quote:I'm not sure you agree with the above if this is your take of JFC's opinion of the roles were reversed. Lying and causing a heinous murder and then lying again to let the murderers off is deplorable to any decent person regardless of color or culture. I saw a story of a former nazi brought to justice and he was in his nineties. Wanting this woman brought to justice isn't out of the question although highly unlikely. Questioning the OP on a hypothetical scenario if the roles were reversed implies sympathy for Donham.

Typical Leftist lie attacking a strawman. I have no sympathy for Donham.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Typical Leftist lie attacking a strawman. I have no sympathy for Donham.

Ok maybe you don't, but more of your post was directed at the OP, than the subject matter. I'm a registered Democrat but I have never labeled myself "leftist" and there are some conservative principles I ascribe to. If JFC posts something you admittedly agreed to (unless you don't think she should face justice), why wouldn't you agree and move on. It's not like only you can see her actions as reprehensible, but if shoe were on the other foot he couldn't. That makes no sense.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2017, 11:11 AM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:Ok maybe you don't, but more of your post was directed at the OP, than the subject matter. I'm a registered Democrat but I have never labeled myself "leftist" and there are some conservative principles I ascribe to. If JFC posts something you admittedly agreed to (unless you don't think she should face justice), why wouldn't you agree and move on. It's not like only you can see her actions as reprehensible, but if shoe were on the other foot he couldn't. That makes no sense.

Because everything he posts come through a whites=bad, blacks=victims lens. I think it's entirely reasonable to point out the hypocrisy of the person who started a thread.

Quote:Because everything he posts come through a whites=bad, blacks=victims lens. I think it's entirely reasonable to point out the hypocrisy of the person who started a thread.

If you found this article, would you have posted it? There's another poster who could be accused of the very thing you accuse JFC of. I'll research and see if you've been consistent in pointing out hypocrisy.

I think the majority of white people see murder as murder, skin color doesn't matter.. Lot's of black on white crime, but they don't get publicized on here unless it's a high profile case.. And yet you see very little backlash or even concern in some cases because, sad to say, nobody cares because we're starting to become immune to it.

Now white on black crime, I'm sure JFC would let us know about it pretty damn quick, sometimes, regardless if it was self defense or not.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

A different time and someone acting under fear of their own death. People like to reflect on times in the past and put them in a modern context. The lady clearly feared for her life and knew that trying to do the right thing on the stand would get her killed. It was an ugly time in U.S. history. 

Regardless, the federal statute of limitations for perjury is 5 years. She lied. The other guys did the killing. 

Quote:A different time and someone acting under fear of their own death. People like to reflect on times in the past and put them in a modern context. The lady clearly feared for her life and knew that trying to do the right thing on the stand would get her killed. It was an ugly time in U.S. history.

Regardless, the federal statute of limitations for perjury is 5 years. She lied. The other guys did the killing.

Ok so you're saying she was fearing for her life up until she turned 82? Let's not forget this begins with her, so if she was fearing for her life her actions were the vehicle for that fear. Unless of course she was ashamed and didn't want to face responsibly, that would be a good reason to wait. Old ladies typically garner sympathy. Personally, the only context I'm viewing this in is she set things in motion with her words and then later helped the perps get off by lying for them. It really doesn't matter what time in history it was, something like that is never acceptable.

Quote:I think the majority of white people see murder as murder, skin color doesn't matter.. Lot's of black on white crime, but they don't get publicized on here unless it's a high profile case.. And yet you see very little backlash or even concern in some cases because, sad to say, nobody cares because we're starting to become immune to it.

Now white on black crime, I'm sure JFC would let us know about it pretty damn quick, sometimes, regardless if it was self defense or not.

This was a high profile incident when it happened. If you don't see color, don't see why it wouldn't apply in this case. Why would you mention black on white crime? Doing so runs in conflict with your initial statement.

Quote:This was a high profile incident when it happened. If you don't see color, don't see why it wouldn't apply in this case. Why would you mention black on white crime? Doing so runs in conflict with your initial statement.

I wasn't commenting on this case when I posted that, I was commenting on generalities. And yes, this was a high profile case..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]