Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jag influence in college helmet design?

Quote:I think my wife was about to cry when she heard that WNTW was finally going away.

I have seen a few. I did like their New York City attitude. BTW, my wife is thrilled that Stacy London has a new show - apparently.

Ah - the cable television universe.
Do you need the address for where to send your man card? Wink

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I really like the helmets and the uniforms overall. Matte black is too generic and all gold is too tacky. They found the perfect solution IMO. Gives us an unique identity which was sorely needed.

The uniforms definitely seem to be love them or hate them. I love them

Quote:I really like the helmets and the uniforms overall. Matte black is too generic and all gold is too tacky. They found the perfect solution IMO. Gives us an unique identity which was sorely needed.

Would a Teal helmet be totally out of the question?

Quote:Would a Teal helmet be totally out of the question?

Not really. I'm sure they did some mock ups utilizing that idea. I can't see it working tho.

Quote:Do you need the address for where to send your man card? Wink

No. I much prefer the manly-man phony tough guys you run into on message boards.

You know, the ones with self-esteem issues who like to get into message board cat fights with fry cooks from New Jersey. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:No. I much prefer the manly-man phony tough guys you run into on message boards.

You know, the ones with self-esteem issues who like to get into message board cat fights with fry cooks from New Jersey.

Your comeback to his man card comment is telling him you prefer men? :blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Your comeback to his man card comment is telling him you prefer men? :blink:

I was playing off the man crush he has for TMD. He clearly has something for that guy and I was just trying to point out that he's the last guy who needs to talk about having a man card.

But perhaps he's just bummed out that TMD is no longer around to flirt with.

This board has a few guys who are so insecure. If you mention What Not To Wear people feel threatened? Is this recess? 

Quote:I was playing off the man crush he has for TMD. He clearly has something for that guy and I was just trying to point out that he's the last guy who needs to talk about having a man card.

But perhaps he's just bummed out that TMD is no longer around to flirt with.

This board has a few guys who are so insecure. If you mention What Not To Wear people feel threatened? Is this recess?

I get where you were trying to go with it...it just seemed like a strange way to get there.

Quote:I get where you were trying to go with it...it just seemed like a strange way to get there.

lol. Probably so. It's not that I put a whole lot of thought into it. FBT's not really worth a whole lot of thought. His act gets old, so I thought I'd quickly respond. Not much more than that.

He clearly needs TMD as a foil, so he can continue with his superior than thou routine. He misses his buddy.

Quote:I really like the helmets and the uniforms overall. Matte black is too generic and all gold is too tacky. They found the perfect solution IMO. Gives us an unique identity which was sorely needed.
If laughing stock of the league is what you mean..... Then yes those helmets give us an identity.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2015, 06:32 PM by Teal Curtain.)

As someone stated before, i am fine with the actual uniforms. Not my favorite, but not bad. I really like how they brought back the teal numbers on the white jerseys (ala our glory years the 90's). The helmet is whats a joke. Matte black or the teal tint in the black helmet would be soo much better. The less gold the better as far as i'm concerned. Gold should only be used as an accent color, like trim around letters and numbers IMO. 

I do miss the crawling Jaguar on the sleeves though. Sadly, that probably will never come back.

Quote:As someone stated before, i am fine with the actual uniforms. Not my favorite, but not bad. I really like how they brought back the teal numbers on the white jerseys (ala our glory years the 90's). The helmet is whats a joke. Matte black or the teal tint in the black helmet would be soo much better. The less gold the better as far as i'm concerned. Gold should only be used as an accent color, like trim around letters and numbers IMO. 

I do miss the crawling Jaguar on the sleeves though. Sadly, that probably will never come back.

I miss the crawling cat too!!

Quote:If laughing stock of the league is what you mean..... Then yes those helmets give us an identity.

Laughing stock of the league? Talk about hyperbole.

I talk to many people about sports, especially about the NFL. Of course a number of them are fans of other teams. No one has ever mentioned the helmets.

They're helmets, for god's sake. Most people don't really care a whole lot either way. Do you care what T-shirts other people wear? Kind of the same thing. 

Quote:Laughing stock of the league? Talk about hyperbole.

I talk to many people about sports, especially about the NFL. Of course a number of them are fans of other teams. No one has ever mentioned the helmets.

They're helmets, for god's sake. Most people don't really care a whole lot either way. Do you care what T-shirts other people wear? Kind of the same thing. 

Yeah right. Everyone seems to mention the helmets when talking about the jags uniforms. 

I find confusing how you don't care how your team is represented of the field not only in your own eyes, but the eyes of people around the league.

And as far as your pointless T-shirt question..........YES i do care. Because i don't like when the people, or team i care about make themselves look absolutely ridiculous. 

People don't care about helmets either way? What world are you from? lol 

Quote:Yeah right. Everyone seems to mention the helmets when talking about the jags uniforms. 

I find confusing how you don't care how your team is represented of the field not only in your own eyes, but the eyes of people around the league.

And as far as your pointless T-shirt question..........YES i do care. Because i don't like when the people, or team i care about make themselves look absolutely ridiculous. 

People don't care about helmets either way? What world are you from? lol 

I guess it's because I wasn't a drama major or didn't major in fashion design. Obviously "looking absolutely ridiculous" is in the eye of the beholder. I'm more concerned about how they play rather than how they look.

Quote:I guess it's because I wasn't a drama major or didn't major in fashion design. Obviously "looking absolutely ridiculous" is in the eye of the beholder. I'm more concerned about how they play rather than how they look.

Then why do you care about what other people care about? It doesn't affect how the team plays, so you seem to be wasting your time in a thread you don't care about in the first place.

Quote:Then why do you care about what other people care about? It doesn't affect how the team plays, so you seem to be wasting your time in a thread you don't care about in the first place.

Because of reasons for the Jaguars to be thought of as less than successful, the helmets are reason # 612.

And whining about helmets is irritating. (Like me calling him out will stop the whining. I know. But I try.)

And why do you care what I care about?

Quote:Because of reasons for the Jaguars to be thought of as less than successful, the helmets are reason # 612.

And whining about helmets is irritating. (Like me calling him out will stop the whining. I know. But I try.)

And why do you care what I care about?

I just find it interesting that you don't care, but you keep replying in a thread about a subject for which you don't care. Seems to denote a level of caring.

And why do you care that I care that you care? :thumbsup:

Quote:I guess it's because I wasn't a drama major or didn't major in fashion design. Obviously "looking absolutely ridiculous" is in the eye of the beholder. I'm more concerned about how they play rather than how they look.

So if we ran around the field in rainbow colored uniforms you still wouldnt give a [BLEEP]? 

w/e home slice