Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who Will Have More Tackles In 2015
Poz
Telvin Smith
[Show Results]

Who will have more tackles in 2015 Telvin or Poz ?

Quote:I don't hate Poz. I just don't want bad football players on my team. It's the same reason I want Branch gone.

Its not your team. You just watch it. He is not bad. Anybody without bias can see how much he contributes on the field.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Its not your team. You just watch it. He is not bad. Anybody without bias can see how much he contributes on the field.
Poz is an overall average to slightly above average starting LB in the league. He is not as good as you think. I think his veteran leadership is the main reason Dave brings him back

Quote:Poz is an overall average to slightly above average starting LB in the league. He is not as good as you think. I think his veteran leadership is the main reason Dave brings him back

Whatever he is... its not "bad". This guy saying he is "bad" just proves he is biased and a hater.

No Corn? No Blank #2? This poll is dead to me.

(Telvin)

Quote:No Corn? No Blank #2? This poll is dead to me.

(Telvin)
corn had a bad year in 2014.  Maybe he will make a nice comeback 2015

Quote:corn had a bad year in 2014.  Maybe he will make a nice comeback 2015
Not if Blank #2 keeps playing lights out football on the strong side.

Quote:https://www.facebook.com/jacksonvillejaguars?fref=nf

That's pretty freaking good, no matter how you look it at.  With that being said, my bet is most of those tackles were made in the secondary.  Telvin Smith is going to be an outstanding linebacker, hopefully maybe a pro-bowler, but he'll never be known as a physical run stuffer.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:That's pretty freaking good, no matter how you look it at. With that being said, my bet is most of those tackles were made in the secondary. Telvin Smith is going to be an outstanding linebacker, hopefully maybe a pro-bowler, but he'll never be known as a physical run stuffer.
secondary? Most of them are around the line of scrimmage

Quote:secondary? Most of them are around the line of scrimmage

Not that I saw.  Also he got run over a couple of times and bounced off a few running backs.  Being a fan of the guy (which I am by the way) doesn't mean you have to pretend he's something he's not.  He needs to add bulk.

Quote:Not that I saw. Also he got run over a couple of times and bounced off a few running backs. Being a fan of the guy (which I am by the way) doesn't mean you have to pretend he's something he's not. He needs to add bulk.
Agreed, a fan or not don't pretend like he is Josh Evans or tackles like Cyp. I know he has some missed tackles here and there and even takes a bad angle sometimes. But I watch every game and don't see most of his tackles coming in the secondary.

Quote:Who will have more tackles in 2015

Im not all that high on Poz but I dont mind keeping him another year if he restructures his deal and will can still draft McKinney or Perryman to learn under Poz or worst case not reach for one and take our future MLB in the 2016 if the value aint there.  That said Smith and Poz are both tackling machines and will be fun to watch and see who leads the Jags in tackles. 

Telvin Smith or Poz ?
Poz is a good 2 down LB.  I hope he does not see the field on 3rd down.  Telvin has speed and quickness so he should be one of the nickles or even the Dime LB.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Telvin is only going to get better, so I voted him. I like Poz but he's going to be 31 during next season, Telvin will be 24 and on his way up.

Quote:Not that I saw. Also he got run over a couple of times and bounced off a few running backs. Being a fan of the guy (which I am by the way) doesn't mean you have to pretend he's something he's not. He needs to add bulk.

Not sure what you were watching but I saw Telvin make a lot of tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 09:14 PM by Amat3uR.)

I believe Jack Lambert was 6'4 220 unless this is his current weight.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jacklambert/25...areerstats

I wouldn't worry too much about weight he will add some I am sure but more importantly he can play some football.

Jack Lambert played in the '70s, when men were men and tackles weighed 250.

Quote:Telvin and only because he's guaranteed to be on the team next year
Nothing is ever guaranteed. Poz is all over the field. I liked Telvin on the field, he plays hard and I just hope he won't get lazy on us. The 2 together on the field will be something to watch in 2015. Telvin has to get better fighting off blocks. Poz leads tackles every year except this year of course. But lets not compare teammates and start friction.

Quote:Its not your team. You just watch it. He is not bad. Anybody without bias can see how much he contributes on the field.
Yeah he was better off saying our team and Branch gone. I can't say I agree on that. Great player and adds pass rush depth. C'mon man.

Quote:I believe Jack Lambert was 6'4 220 unless this is his current weight.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jacklambert/25...areerstats

I wouldn't worry too much about weight he will add some I am sure but more importantly he can play some football.

He played in a different era.  There were 260 lb offensive lineman back then.  Smith will be a fine player no doubt.  All I'm saying is he's never going to be the physical run stopping linebacker.

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2015, 02:25 PM by Amat3uR.)

Quote:He played in a different era.  There were 260 lb offensive lineman back then.  Smith will be a fine player no doubt.  All I'm saying is he's never going to be the physical run stopping linebacker.

Yeah that's true, different positions too, I guess it's not the best example, just the first tall/thin linebacker that came to mind.

I think you can be physical against the run despite how much you weigh but I agree with you that he may never be that big run stopping linebacker.

I am interested to see how much weight he can put on.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Unless we're talking about NFL defenders, in which case, yes, it is the size of the dog in the fight. Telvin needs to add some muscle, maybe as little as 5 lbs., without losing speed. We'll see if he can do it.