Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who Deserves the Golden Turd?
Cyprien
Joeckle
Sanders
Gratz
[Show Results]

What second year player gets the Golden Turd award?

With draft position in play, it isn't even close. Joeckel, but maybe he will make a decent RT. 

Ace and Gratz get thrown out due to their draft position, but Cyprien almost got my vote as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cyp has at least shown flashes, meanwhile Joeckel has shown us nothing. The OL must be addressed, we can't move forward with just the hope that the OL improves. Although, I will admit it can't get much worse

Love this "mock" with Atlanta trading up with us and the Jags still landing a solid OT.

If you are gonna spell Joeckel's name wrong at least spell it Jokel

I think the best thing to do for Joeckle is move him in at LG.  I don't think he is strong enough to play LT.  Unless he hits the roids hard I don't see him becoming an elite Tackle.  He is a good run blocker so move him inside and get a replacement. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 04:40 PM by muddylips.)

Quote:This award goes to the young guys who were suppose to come back this year and really improve.

The Nominees are:

1. Jonathan Cyprien:  Wow this guy misses way too many tackles.  There are atleast 1 or two plays per game that are allowed because he either whiffs on the tackle or a defender just runs through him.

2. Joeckle the Joke:  This guy has been an epic disappointment. Abused all year and beat like Ray Rices wife.  I feel bad for blake because his blindside is little more than a speed bump in the way.

3. Ace "smoke base" Sanders:  Invisible on the offensive side and didn't do anything as a returner.  Ugh

4. "Burnt Toast" Gratz.  Constantly behind his man and getting beat. 

[Image: Golden-Turd-Award.jpg]
that's some nice crapsmanship there!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

As I stated in another poll, limiting votes to only one option gives a false impression. All of these guys stunk, it's just that jocekel, jokel... whatever his name is... was supposed to be so good. I have to award Dave an apparent 'whiff' on that pick. However, I would be very happy if Jocekel showed up next season and turned out to be a monster. We'll see...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I'm not usually one for sophomoric fecal humor, but I did chuckle to see the picture of the trophy.

I'm kind of ashamed to admit I did too.

I usually expect better of myself, but after this disappointing season, it was nice to find a little humor, even if it was juvenile humor.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:that's some nice craftsmanship there!

lol. and the way it looks like it's almost floating there when you first look at it.

I have now seen a Jag patty.

How much are these?  A few needs to be handed out here on the message board

I voted Sanders. Will give Luke the benefit of the doubt considering his ankle was obliterated last year. Cyp has been disappointing, but he does make the team better than any other safety option we have. Gratz has also been a bit of a let down, but he does have some moments. Sanders just seems uninterested...

Quote:I voted Sanders. Will give Luke the benefit of the doubt considering his ankle was obliterated last year. Cyp has been disappointing, but he does make the team better than any other safety option we have. Gratz has also been a bit of a let down, but he does have some moments. Sanders just seems uninterested...
I think Sanders is a decent 5th or 6th wr and gadget guy just not a punt returner

Joeckel turned 23 last month. While strength training matters for everyone its a lot more important for a guy on the line. To put it in perspective, Boselli was about 3 months older than Joeckel is right now when he played in his first game. He isn't Boselli, but there is a huge difference in str for lineman in a couple of years in your early twenties, then he got hurt and that probably took a lot out of him rehabbing instead of just doing straight workouts his first year. I give him a lot more of a pass than the other guys.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Dude, lol, I couldn't even vote.  They ALL deserve it.

Quote:We can only pick 1????

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Joeckel turned 23 last month. While strength training matters for everyone its a lot more important for a guy on the line. To put it in perspective, Boselli was about 3 months older than Joeckel is right now when he played in his first game. He isn't Boselli, but there is a huge difference in str for lineman in a couple of years in your early twenties, then he got hurt and that probably took a lot out of him rehabbing instead of just doing straight workouts his first year. I give him a lot more of a pass than the other guys.

Doesn't help matters that Luke immediately drew comparisons to Boselli when his name was announced. Hopefully he gets turns a corner next season but, I think he is still the obvious choice in this poll given his draft slot.

Quote:Cyp and Gratz are good players.

Joeckel sucks but he was injured most of his rookie year.

SANDERS adds NOTHING to the team.

Nothing at all. 
I disagree with Cyp being a good player... DUde takes horrible angles and angles can't be taught they are intstinctual. He is pretty much a bust imo.

Why wasn't this guy nominated?

[Image: 012213-gus-bradley-600.jpg]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Cyp was mediocre/average but Joeckel gets our QB killed on a possession basis.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Joeckel turned 23 last month. While strength training matters for everyone its a lot more important for a guy on the line. To put it in perspective, Boselli was about 3 months older than Joeckel is right now when he played in his first game. He isn't Boselli, but there is a huge difference in str for lineman in a couple of years in your early twenties, then he got hurt and that probably took a lot out of him rehabbing instead of just doing straight workouts his first year. I give him a lot more of a pass than the other guys.

He enters this off season with the opportunity to get stronger. That wasn't the case last year as he spent it rehabbing that injury. I think Joeckel is still an incomplete grade because of the injury his rookie year. Maybe he improves. Maybe he doesn't. Time will tell. He has the athletic ability. He now has a full season at the position. Next year he needs to be better.

Interestingly, Eugene Monroe had a similar trajectory to his career, and many of the same folks ripping Joeckel were doing the same thing with Monroe right up to the point he was traded. Then he suddenly became the second coming of Boselli and a major personnel blunder for Caldwell.

Point is, Monroe was never as bad as these "experts" portrayed him to be, and he did indeed improve in year 3 and 4 of his career. Hopefully the same is true for Joeckel.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]