Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1010XL Drinking Game

Quote:There are many that don't like him. I have grown to enjoy his takes. He always has well thought out responses that are more often then not backed by several pieces of factual information. People keep listening, so they are doing something right.

I actually like him on there too.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't know. He annoys me to no end. He was on there campaigning for a job several times and whenever they ask him for his input he cannot help but turn it back about him. I suppose they want him for that reason, but I can't stand it.

He just bugs me.

I'm with you, Garrard is ridiculous.

Sometimes Ryan O comes off almost as rooting for Jaguar failure to me, but he brings the best and least biased information.

Quote:Prosser-ummm or errrrr

Frangie-any stammering of any word or "I get it"

Hacker-Gator

Dempsey-fantasy

Ballou-Bassston

Boselli-listen (when used before he makes a statement)

Lamm-any detection of phlegm in his throat

Sports radio sucks in this town, don't even get me started on that moron Tony Modica on 930.  Longing for the days of Prisco and Dino Costa

Well you pretty much nailed all of their lil quirks. Prosser either says UMM or the ULTRA IRRITATTING "EEEHHMMM".

I don't really think any of them have great knowledge of Football itself, like how to study specific positions etc. I look to Boselli, Lageman and even Prisco for that. The others are fluff. Prosser has the worst takes ever. Can't believe his job is actually in sports! Amazing.

(This post was last modified: 01-01-2015, 01:25 PM by B-SMOOTH.)

Dude, if we really tried to play this game within the parameters you've set forth, half the message board would be dead from alcohol poisoning within minutes. lol

Actually, I think 930 is pretty solid. They've built something special with their lineup, and offer something for all tastes/tolerance levels.

Hicken & Prosser, I enjoy quote a bit. Prosser not so much when Hicken is out though.. Prosser can be a bit much when he has the studio to himself.

Cowart/Dempsey/Jessica and some of the other 930 crew are OK to me. I'm indifferent to them.

Hacker & Twigg are GREAT. Wonderful chemistry, and I enjoy Twigg's insight. Thought Hacker's voice isn't for everyone, I appreciate the fact that he's worked on his craft. You can just flat out tell he puts the work in.. he's gotten better every year on the airwaves.

Lamb? UGH.... next...

I think Ballou is/can be a monster on his own, but he's been neutered by having to have the big man Frangie headlining the show. I find no redeeming qualities about Frangie's broadcasting skills; NONE! I will just leave it at that.

For the JAGS, Lags is OK. A bit TOO tempered in his critiques sometimes, but I understand his position..BUT, he is honest though. Pete is incredible. Always been a fan, even though the Garrard bashing would be over the top at times.

Tony? Tony, Tony, Tony..... he CAN be good at times, but is waaaaaaaay too quick to tow the company line. I don't care how much he denies it, it's just blatantly obvious. He'll speak candidly about other players and teams in the league, but will rarely criticize our own. On top of that, he's just flat out belligerent at times, shouting down callers and his counterparts. I don't think it's malicious, but after a while, you can't keep doing that. No one likes to be called moron show after show.. callers or co-hosts. Not cool Tony. You can do better.

930 is an utter disaster. Who actually listens to that station, and how are they getting advertisers? I mean this from a local programming standpoint. I do like having the ability to take in some national shows, but that 3-6PM slot is a no-go for me. I guess they have enough revenue coming in from national/Gator content, to allow that abomination of a local host(I won't even type his name)to remain on the air. I have no idea what that station is doing.

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 09:02 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Sometimes Ryan O comes off almost as rooting for Jaguar failure to me, but he brings the best and least biased information.

I think he is probably the most honest local media figure covering the team. Most of rest come off as no more than an echo chamber for the team.

O'Halloran was the only one I remember who had Mularkey pegged as a disaster early on.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've tried several times to listen to local sports talk radio.  It's all pretty much bad.  I would rather listen to XM and ESPN or the NFL channel.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.