Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Will The Jags Fire anyone tomorrow
Bradley is out
Fisch gets the boot
Babich is sacked
Bradley Fisch and Babich gone
Fish and Babich Gone
Ice Cream Party! Everyone stays with Khan, Caldwell, and Bradley giving each other epic high fives
[Show Results]

Black Monday. Will the Jaguars improve?

How about booting the offensive line? That's the main problem this team has.

If any of the coordinators need to go, it's Babich. Fisch's playcalling is fine, it's the execution (or lack thereof) of the plays. The receivers can't catch and the blockers can't block. There's your problem.

Marcedes needs to go, we need a legitimate pass-catching TE.

Move Joeckel to guard or RT and draft o line early and often. Look at the Cowboys this year. Why are they so good? Their o line is dominant.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let's look at this objectively.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Bradley has one year left on his three year deal.  If he doesn't get it done, he's gonna be gone.  Quite honestly, it really wouldn't cost Khan much to get rid of him now if he really wanted to.  Bradley is on the clock now and his seat is warming up.  I think some assistants will be gone as early as this week.  We'll see. 

Quote:Yeah, I guess I don't understand how a HC gets a pass when 2 of his 3 coordinators are supposedly bad enough to can?  Isn't it his job to ensure success?  Bradley not making any changes in 2 years doesn't raise any concerns?

We will see what happens, but I'd be shocked if they toss out Gus. I think the rebuild job they had will buy him the third year.

I do think this coordinators should go, but I don't expect it because they'll get coverage from the same thing: low overall talent level and tons of youth.

In general though, no I wouldn't get rid of Bradley. If we toss the whole staff every year or two while they're in a rebuild this size, we'll always be rebuilding. As a bonus, nobody you'd want as a coach will come here.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 06:27 PM by jtmoney.)

With an offense line, this team is totally different, but I agree with a lot of your points.  I didn't like the challenge for the spot of the ball since most of the time those aren't overturned unless it is obvious.  I also didn't like a lot of the play calling in the game.  The trick play was great and I'll give credit where do, but I feel like we are too conservative and constantly trying to protect Blake which makes us predictable and does the exact opposite of protecting him. 

I really like what we have done defensively. Even with injuries the defense has played well overall. 

i would keep the coaching staff for one more year, for consistency reasons.  

Why don't we ever take shots down the field?  We had 1 deep throw today, I think.  Pathetic.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Gus will be back.  Some of the criticism is fair, but the defense has improved tremendously and there are a lot of positives there.  We need an offensive line.  And for those willing to praise Caldwell that has got to be his worst failure.

Quote:Why don't we ever take shots down the field?  We had 1 deep throw today, I think.  Pathetic.
you need more then 1.7 seconds to get a reeciever down the field to throw to.

Quote:you need more then 1.7 seconds to get a reeciever down the field to throw to.

But according to some the oline is playing.

Everybody knows that next season is make or break for caldwell and bradley They said so in the beginning, and Caldwell said March 2015 is when he expects to spend. This isnt news

I understand people liking Gus, he seems like a great guy and I would love to work for him.  However, I really think he is not Head Coach material and has not improved.

With his start these first 2 seasons, we are asking him to essential improve and become the next Jimmy Johnson or Dick Vermeil.  As much as I wish that to be true I'm just not that naive.  Do people really believe that he is going to turn this team into a Super Bowl contender?  He would be the 1st coach in NFL history to start with 7 wins his 1st 2 seasons and make it to a Super Bowl.

Sorry, I just can't drink the Kool Aid that blindly.

You don't lose 13 games and nobody gets fired. Someone is gonna go.

Quote:Let's look at this objectively.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Bradley has one year left on his three year deal.  If he doesn't get it done, he's gonna be gone.  Quite honestly, it really wouldn't cost Khan much to get rid of him now if he really wanted to.  Bradley is on the clock now and his seat is warming up.  I think some assistants will be gone as early as this week.  We'll see. 

If the Jags were going to make changes I would just prefer they do it now so a new coach can come in and set up his off season program, philosophy, staff, etc.

Quote:You don't lose 13 games and nobody gets fired. Someone is gonna go.
What if you lose 25 of 32 games?

Quote:I understand people liking Gus, he seems like a great guy and I would love to work for him. However, I really think he is not Head Coach material and has not improved.

With his start these first 2 seasons, we are asking him to essential improve and become the next Jimmy Johnson or Dick Vermeil. As much as I wish that to be true I'm just not that naive. Do people really believe that he is going to turn this team into a Super Bowl contender? He would be the 1st coach in NFL history to start with 7 wins his 1st 2 seasons and make it to a Super Bowl.

Sorry, I just can't drink the Kool Aid that blindly.
I think everyone here understands where you come down on Gus after the first 6000 times you've posted this sentiment.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:I think everyone here understands where you come down on Gus after the first 6000 times you've posted this sentiment.
And yet 6000 times later no one has given me any fact or logic backing up their desire to keep him. Wallbash

Quote:Why don't we ever take shots down the field?  We had 1 deep throw today, I think.  Pathetic.
Remember those 50+ sacks? Those WERE the shots down the field.

Thanks for asking though.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:And yet 6000 times later no one has given me any fact or logic backing up their desire to keep him. Wallbash
Yes they have but it doesn't fit your agenda.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:What if you lose 25 of 32 games?

Then you play for the Raiders.

Quote:Remember those 50+ sacks? Those WERE the shots down the field.

Thanks for asking though.
If Fisch would call some plays down field, maybe they wouldn't BLITZ every play.  Did you see the Texans today?  I wonder what the stat was for how many times they blitzed.  They weren't afraid to go one on one with our receivers.  No respect.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]