Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags should pick 3rd

Quote:knowing caldwell, the pick has been made a season ago
That's practically prophetic.

So are fortune cookies.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Leonard Williams will be there I hope. An O-Lineman doesn't have to be taken top 5 for said lineman to be a good player. Just look at Linder, 3rd round pick and a pretty good NFL guard.

Williams should be there.  Gotta believe TB and Titans will take Mariota and Winston 1 and 2.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 06:08 PM by JAGFAN88.)

TB and the tacks both need QBS so if you figure MM and JW go 1 and 2 in either order we are sitting in the catbirds seat to any team that wants to trade up and could get a decent fortune for the spot. Trade Down is the smartest move with #3 pick.

Quote:knowing caldwell, the pick has been made a season ago

"Vontae Mack no matter what"

Quote:"Vontae Mack no matter what"

^This!

The Jags even looked stupid in that movie lol

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2014, 07:02 PM by SurferJag.)

Who would be at 3 that someone would trade up for? Maybe Cooper?

I think we need to see what happens in FA before we can have this conversation.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Right.

Ill take a nice lookin colvin, telvin smith, lindner, and even an below average bortles ANYDAY

Lets hope next draft can produce as many talents. Hit on another lb, o line, and cb? Maybe even wr or rb?

I pray for that. And justin blackmon to come back with a vengence. 1% chance. Haha.

There's lots of time before the draft.  This game worked out pretty well for the Jags, except for some possible serious injuries to key players.  They stayed with the Texans on the road under severely adverse conditions. 

Just think if Scobee's 51-yarder was good.  Gus, down 3, would have been tempted to take the tie on 4th down from inside the 10 with a minute left, and more players could have gotten seriously injured in a meaningless OT.  Better to lose, keep the 3rd pick, take your battered team home before anything else happens, and stick the Texans with a lower draft pick AND no playoffs.

I say it's a successful season for the Jaguars.  They have identified another fat handful of core players on both sides of the ball and will move forward with much greater hopes.  Gus has everybody moving in the same direction, but 2015 needs to translate all the potential into a lot more wins.  The Jags need to be in the hunt in December next year.  I consider 7-9 or 8-8 to be a failed season, but it's probably enough to keep this regime.  I would not change leadership with that record, but I want playoffs in 2015 and beyond.  We need to build the kind of depth where players like J T Thomas and Josh Evans are ST standouts and not core players. 

I'm looking for more explosive moves by Dave Caldwell in the offseason.  The Jags are positioned well to add more talent to a roster with a lot of young talent already.  Getting the right fits in the right positions may be tricky.  Caldwell had a great draft in 2014 with the 3rd pick.  He has the 3rd pick again, and a wad of cap space for FA signings.  I would say to sign the best TE and FS available in FA.  Those positions will translate better to instant success, I think.  The rest can come through the draft.