Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Randy Gregory vs Leonard Williams on ESPN now

Wasn't Gregory dealing w/ an injury coming into the game? 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gregory looks timid and indecisive when plays open up. I'm very unimpressed after watching this whole game, I do not want him on this team!
I seen less of Gregory then all the top pass rushers and he left a very bad taste in my mouth after this one

I seen all of Fowler Jr games, a bunch of Ray games and few games of Williams and Vic Beasley 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I don't have tv here. Hey KY how are they looking? Was I wrong to give Gregory a high grade?
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

I think Gregory has all the tools but just doesn't seem well versed in how to use them. I definitely think ray is the better player if those two and to me it won't be close because of how nasty ray plays.

Watching Williams go against the Nebraska OL was good to see. He plays violent too. He is just too much for one player to handle. If he is there at 3, and we are picking, he needs to be a jaguar.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I agree with everyone's assessment on the game. I think Williams looked very good while Gregory looked average at best. Where Would we play Williams? He's not a LEO, but do you put him on the left side ? Does he replace Bryant in 2015 or 16? Do you have him put on weight? If so, do you limit his effectiveness? If not, do you have the same kind of player you have in Marks and Hood?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I agree with everyone's assessment on the game. I think Williams looked very good while Gregory looked average at best. Where Would we play Williams? He's not a LEO, but do you put him on the left side ? Does he replace Bryant in 2015 or 16? Do you have him put on weight? If so, do you limit his effectiveness? If not, do you have the same kind of player you have in Marks and Hood?

I think Williams could play RE and LE, (kind of like Branch) and slide him in to DT sometimes. He would get plenty of snaps.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Super...

Now that I know a smaller guy can play Bryant's position and the scheme still work, I am receptive to Williams at 3, if that is where we end up. 

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Leonard Williams looked unstoppable last night. I'm sure as a USC product he'll have great combine numbers. He's a top 3 pick no doubt.

Although he defies what we all think a LEO is defined to be, does anyone think it's possible Leonard Williams can play that spot? He sure seems quick enough and I would think he would eat some OT's alive one on one.

Ideally, Leonard Williams would play the LDE where Red Bryant plays, but realistically he looks like he could play any of the teams defensive line positions.

One thing was evident to me from last night is that Leonard Williams needs to be rotated and rested throughout the game.

While there is no doubt that Williams can stop the run, I am most intrigued with his bull rush pass rush skills against the League's ORTs.

To me, Williams could develop into a Reggie White type DE and just overpower his opponents.

And if you want to keep him from being double teamed then put an effective Otto LB behind him like Jason Worilds and let both of them rush the passer.

It would be pick your poison on the right side of the offensive line.

Right now, I get the impression that the Jags use Ryan Davis as the designated pass rusher at the nose tackle position (Roy Miller).

With Marks and JPP or Clemons rushing the left side of the offensive line, the effect is to create a blitz package that forces the short screen pass or short sideline, crossing pattern.

If this defense is schemed correctly and properly manned, the Jags will quickly become one of the leagues better defensive teams and you know what they say...

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Forget scheme.  Williams is a baller.  He'll make plays no matter where along the dline he would play for us.  

Now the real question is whether the Titans will forsake Winston and take Leonard Williams at Pick 2.

If so, do we grab Randy Gregory?

Would the Rams like to move up and draft Winston?

How about the Browns? Have they had their fill of Johnny Football?

Could the Jags get more than their two Rd 1 picks for Pick 3?

Would you take a package of picks that include Picks 13, 17 and 77?

Who might you target with those picks?

The future is not written yet so anything could happen.

Trade down please

Fast forward two seasons.  Adoree Jackson please.

If indeed Leonard Williams was taken by the Titans with the 2nd pick and the Browns were to offer Picks 13, 17 and 77 for Pick 3, then my draft might look like this...

Rd 1(13): Vic Beasley - OLB - Clemson

Rd 1(17): T.J. Clemmings - ORT - Pittsburgh -

Rd 2(37): Denzel Perryman - ILB - Miami

Rd 3(68): Duke Johnson - RB - Miami

Rd 3(77): Kurtis Drummond - FS - Michigan State

Rd 4(99): Tyler Kroft - TE - Rutgers

Rd 5(133): B.J. Finney - C - Kansas Statre

Rd 6(164): Isaiah Johnson - SS - Ga. Tech

Rd 7(195): Jordan Taylor - WR - Rice

I have been saying it for some time now but Gregory is way overrated 

Quote:I have been saying it for some time now but Gregory is way overrated 

its hard to say for sure because we dont know what theyre telling him to do, but he seemed hesitant and he didnt seem to even want to fight off blocks. it looked like he was waiting to see what was going to happen before he tried to shed the block.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I think that Randy Gregory is being evaluated based more on potential than production. I watched him in several games that Nebraska played this season and there is no doubt that he screams potential as a Pass Rush DE. I think he compares favorably to Aldon Smith of the 49ers and even JPP of the Giants. Both were a bit skinny when they came out and after a year in an NFL weight room and some solid coaching both did very well early in their careers. I would expect that Randy Gregory will be a perennial double digit sack DE in the NFL for many years. He is well suited to man the Leo DE spot in the Jags defense. I would not expect him to have a huge impact in his rookie season though, unless he played the Otto Lb spot.

Quote:its hard to say for sure because we dont know what theyre telling him to do, but he seemed hesitant and he didnt seem to even want to fight off blocks. it looked like he was waiting to see what was going to happen before he tried to shed the block.

He has very bad play recognition I noticed that when watching his games
"Get Better Everyday"

Quote:I think that Randy Gregory is being evaluated based more on potential than production. I watched him in several games that Nebraska played this season and there is no doubt that he screams potential as a Pass Rush DE. I think he compares favorably to Aldon Smith of the 49ers and even JPP of the Giants. Both were a bit skinny when they came out and after a year in an NFL weight room and some solid coaching both did very well early in their careers. I would expect that Randy Gregory will be a perennial double digit sack DE in the NFL for many years. He is well suited to man the Leo DE spot in the Jags defense. I would not expect him to have a huge impact in his rookie season though, unless he played the Otto Lb spot.

if we are going the LEO route, i greatly prefer shane ray.