Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Christmas Loot

Quote:This is what Christmas is all about!

I'll agree to some extent.

I don't usually disclose this, but here it goes.

I usually go to a Walmart or Target in a "less affluent" part of town.  While there, I just walk around and observe.  What I'm looking for is someone looking affectionately at a certain item and not placing it into their shopping cart, or perhaps someone that takes an item out of their cart and places an item of "lesser value" into their cart.

I walk up to the person and say "Merry Christmas!".  If I get a reply more-or-less the same (NOT "happy holidays") I hand them a simple card and walk away/leave the store as quickly as possible without drawing attention.

The card is a simple one that says something along the lines of "Wishing you a Merry Christmas", and It's not signed.  In the card is a $100 dollar bill.

I got caught on one occasion by a young lady that ran me down, gave me a huge hug and kept saying "thank you so much!".

The feeling that I get from that, along with what I said in my previous post to me is part of what Christmas is all about.

I've been "fortunate" enough in my life and throughout my career that I can afford to give a little bit of money to somebody else that might use it to "spread some Christmas cheer" and perhaps make someone happy.  My hope is that someday I'll be able to hand out multiple cards like that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'll agree to some extent.

I don't usually disclose this, but here it goes.

I usually go to a Walmart or Target in a "less affluent" part of town.  While there, I just walk around and observe.  What I'm looking for is someone looking affectionately at a certain item and not placing it into their shopping cart, or perhaps someone that takes an item out of their cart and places an item of "lesser value" into their cart.

I walk up to the person and say "Merry Christmas!".  If I get a reply more-or-less the same (NOT "happy holidays") I hand them a simple card and walk away/leave the store as quickly as possible without drawing attention.

The card is a simple one that says something along the lines of "Wishing you a Merry Christmas", and It's not signed.  In the card is a $100 dollar bill.

I got caught on one occasion by a young lady that ran me down, gave me a huge hug and kept saying "thank you so much!".

The feeling that I get from that, along with what I said in my previous post to me is part of what Christmas is all about.

I've been "fortunate" enough in my life and throughout my career that I can afford to give a little bit of money to somebody else that might use it to "spread some Christmas cheer" and perhaps make someone happy.  My hope is that someday I'll be able to hand out multiple cards like that.

AWwwwwwww, You're a Secret Santa

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

What a great story Jagibelieve.

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed."
;
- B.C. Forbes

You know you're old when you get socks and face scrub...
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I got a pair of hiking boots I've been wanting. Also a fitness tracker that sadly doesn't work with my phone and doesn't have a website to track stuff so we have to return it. Got a shotgun. Some other odds and ends. The boots and shotgun are my faves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have kids so I got nutn. And I was bad to da bone this year so Santa skipped right over my house. I feel bad for the kids.

Quote:You know you're old when you get socks and face scrub...

Is it a good face scrub? Lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???