Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lets talk about Frank Frangie (and how terrible he is at his job as play by play man)

Quote:I remember Sexton was mostly "hand off to MJD, sidesteps a tackle, spins out of another, might have some daylight, he could go all the way... and tackled for a 2 yard gain." But at least you could understand what the hell he was saying.

Hahaha, now that's funny. I agree, I can understand Sexton. Clueless sometimes with Frangie.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I really liked Sexton when he was here. I never understood all the hate he got.

But although Frangie is pretty bad, I feel like he needs an opportunity to do one more season. He'll probably get better Not really fair to oust the guy after one year.

Sexton was way better than Frangie, not even close.  #bringbacksexton

[Image: giphy.gif]

How about this? ..............Don't friggn listen to him if you don't like it. Works great for me. Some folks just always have to complain about [BLEEP].

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I really only hear Frangie in highlight packages/review of the game, but good lord is he bad. I always liked Sexton, I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I was fine with him. Frangie just sounds like a guy who doesn't really know what he's supposed to be doing.

"THE BALL'S ON THE FIELD, THE BALL'S ON THE FIELD, THE BALL'S ON THE FIELD! THE BALL'S ON THE FIELD!"

Ok, how/why/who has it?

"And it's recovered."

Well, thanks for clearing that one up for me. :thumbsup:

Could be worse though; could be Mike Goldberg I guess.

The only one who would be worse than Frangie is Hellen Keller.

Quote:Just from the bits I've heard from the highlights on the site I can tell you I would rather listen to Gilbert Gottfried do the play by play. 
Lol.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Frangie is an anesthesiologist...he can put anyone to sleep. Worst pbp guy ever!
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I haven't seen this posted yet...........maybe it was just my radio that was affected.............I tuned in to 1010 at the game Sunday and soon discovered that they had instituted a time delay in the radio broadcast..........roughly 10-15 seconds at least. I can no longer listen to home games and get the play-by-play on my headphones, as I've done for the last 20 years.

I wrote to 1010 asking why they've done this, but of course no one has responded. My theory is that they've tried to link their radio broadcast to the television broadcast so that more people will turn off the tv sound and turn on 1010.

Any thoughts on this?

Quote:I haven't seen this posted yet...........maybe it was just my radio that was affected.............I tuned in to 1010 at the game Sunday and soon discovered that they had instituted a time delay in the radio broadcast..........roughly 10-15 seconds at least. I can no longer listen to home games and get the play-by-play on my headphones, as I've done for the last 20 years.

I wrote to 1010 asking why they've done this, but of course no one has responded. My theory is that they've tried to link their radio broadcast to the television broadcast so that more people will turn off the tv sound and turn on 1010.

Any thoughts on this?

TV broadcast and Radio broadcast are off by about 8 or so seconds.

Please put me down in the #bringbacksexton column. I'm not saying he was the best ever, but for 19 years he was our voice, and he's clearly superior to Frangie.

With Sexton it was always..............."David, barks out the calls, takes the snap, throws to Marcedes, no Mike Thomas, who picks up 12 yards....................well they're gonna spot it for a 5 yard gain."

I don't know when, or if, they turned off the delay but the radio broadcast on Sunday was 13 seconds behind the actual events. I had texted 1010xl several times during the first half to turn it off but by halftime the batteries in my radio, thankfully, died!

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Just asked O-zone on what the best way is to let the powers that be how we feel about Frangie. Hopefully he'll post it and we'll get some answers.

"How do ya like that!?"  We don't. 

Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

Quote:"Bortles in shotgun, Hurns and Lee to his left, Shorts to his right. Balls snapped! Steps to left buys some time, throws down the field to a wide op-ERRREEERRHHURRHRHRHRHRHEJEJDJENDJDJDJDJDJDJDNDJDDJD n dats gon be................................touchdown! How'd ya like that!?!?!"

He's terrible.
LOL nailed it... The incomprehensible mumbling between words has shades of john madden or something...except he turns that mumbling on hyper drive when he gets a little excited, then what ever he was going to say gets pretty much lost.

Quote:The only one who would be worse than Frangie is Hellen Keller.
Lol, if they dug back into the 1010 crew and pulled out hacker or proisser, i bet people would like frangie alot more lol... Kinda sad really, we have that many bad voices on the radio here in town.

I've pretty much gotta agree with everybody on this topic.  He sounds fake, muffled, and not so bright.  I don't think he's a bad guy, I actually think he's a really solid person for the comminity and all the work he does.  But this just isn't the job for him.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

I've heard that when the radio is off he couldn't be any more of a basher of the team and the franchise and the fan base to some extent.

So the reason he sounds fake is because he is

Quote:Please put me down in the #bringbacksexton column. I'm not saying he was the best ever, but for 19 years he was our voice, and he's clearly superior to Frangie.

Put me down on the #getAGoodAnnouncer list.  Going back to Sexton is the wrong direction, plus he may not even want to come back.  Smile

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

ON the radio he incessantly repeats himself. It's beyond annoying. And he sounds like he's talking with a mouthful of marbles.

#hesterriblegetapro

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

Wait i have a solution for this.

Didnt we hold a compatition for stadium play by play?

and both were so good they hired both.

Why not let one of them go go the radio play by play?