Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think its finally happened...Apathy has taken me

I think that says tons when your defense scores more points than your offense...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was pretty apathetic at half time, but didn't turn the game off and got to watch largest come from behind victory in team history. Feels good to stick through it and enjoy the win.

Quote:I was pretty apathetic at half time, but didn't turn the game off and got to watch largest come from behind victory in team history. Feels good to stick through it and enjoy the win.
No matter how bad the team looks I can't help but watch even when I feel sick to my stomach. Finally I was rewarded. 

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

I too felt pretty apathetic at halftime.  I guess I've gotten numb to the losing now.  There were a lot of Giants fans in that stadium today and they were loud.  I really thought we were going to get blown out again. I was really thinking that we were going to be treated to another clown show in the second half, but the D stepped up for us today.  I'm glad I stayed to the end, but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done.  Take away those two defensive scores and we still suck.

Quote:So - aside from the defensive scores  - I called it!! 

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=376775

:teehee:

Ha!  Well I gave you a +1 for your Rasputin-esque ability to look into the future!  Right below your post in that thread I said we needed to score at least 24 points...  

If we would have put our heads together, we could have predicted the scoring turnovers!  ha ha!

At half time I was disappointed I took the shuttle to the game because it meant I would have to stay to the end to get a ride home. Afterwards I was elated. 

Good win for the Jags even if it took the defense to prop up the offense. It's a team game and what a rare feeling walking out of the stadium with a victory.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I think that says tons when your defense scores more points than your offense...

Well doesn't everybody outscore the Jags offense, except for the Browns?

The D was just getting into the act of outscoring the offense today, that's all.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:At half time I was disappointed I took the shuttle to the game because it meant I would have to stay to the end to get a ride home. Afterwards I was elated.

Good win for the Jags even if it took the defense to prop up the offense. It's a team game and what a rare feeling walking out of the stadium with a victory.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Goes to show that sometimes its best to stay and get your money worth. You may even end up with surprise ending. I'm sure all those fans who did decide to high tail it out at halftime wish they would've stayed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Well doesn't everybody outscore the Jags offense, except for the Browns?

The D was just getting into the act of outscoring the offense today, that's all.
........I guess you're right about that. I hadn't actually thought of it that way...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2014, 08:11 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Even after a win (to get us to 2-10), I'm still a bit apathetic.  Hard to get excited when the season was over in October once again.   Can't wait until next September when everyone is 0-0 again.

Quote:Even after a win (to get us to 2-10), I'm still a bit apathetic.  Hard to get excited when the season was over in October once again.   Can't wait until next September when everyone is 0-0 again.
Yup!  This is the feeling I have.  I don't want us to tank for draft picks.  I want us to win every time we play regardless, but it's hard to get too excited over these wins now.  I think at this point we are essentially playing preseason games for next year.  It's all about evaluation now.  Let's improve, make whatever changes need to made in the offseason and hopefully get rolling next September.  It sucks, but it is what it is.

Yes,  it's good to see progress rather than just going into the tank after trailing 21-0. 

That said, after the Packers game tonight, they showed a list of AFC Playoff Contenders which included 12 teams (out of the total 16 teams in the AFC).  The bottom 2 teams were 6-6 and 2 games out of the playoff bound teams if the season were to end tomorrow.  That's really all I want from this team is to be mentioned in the top 12 out of 16 teams that still have a chance to make the playoffs after 75% of the season.  If we can get there next year, I'll consider this regime to be right on track with the rebuilding plan.

For the record, the teams that were out are the Jags, Raiders, Jets, and Titans.