Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer released

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014, 09:43 AM by BigJohn98.)

Quote:Because it's hip to hate on the prequels, it's like a badge of honor that you where around before the "new" Star Wars. The originals had flaws as well it's the story that we love.

Hell, Revenge of the Sith is probably my second favorite after ROTJ. I saw it three times in theaters. The dual between Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustafar might be the best lightsaber dual in either trilogy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hell, Revenge of the Sith is probably my second favorite after ROTJ. I saw it three times in theaters. The dual between Anakin and Obi-Won on Mustafar might be the best lightsaber dual in either trilogy.

Ha those are my 2 favorites as well! I'd say for my it goes Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, New Hope. Attack of the Clones, New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Phantom Menace.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Huh I hadn't heard any comments about that?

There were a couple of 'news' stories about it and the IMDB pretty much imploded.

I haven't heard/read the comments, but I'd guess these were uber geeks mad that they don't all look like Jango Fett?

As bad shots Stormtroopers are by A New Hope, I'd say they quit making clones long ago,then began recruiting from the worlds they conquered.

I guess I show my age by saying Empire was the best by a long shot. I don't hate the prequels, it's just that the writing and acting just weren't as good and to much creativity in the storytelling was lost to lazy CGI. I will say I probably dislike Jedi more than the prequels though. It was the same movie as New Hope remade with a bigger Death Star and teddy bears.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I haven't heard/read the comments, but I'd guess these were uber geeks mad that they don't all look like Jango Fett?

As bad shots Stormtroopers are by A New Hope, I'd say they quit making clones long ago,then began recruiting from the worlds they conquered.

I guess I show my age by saying Empire was the best by a long shot. I don't hate the prequels, it's just that the writing and acting just weren't as good and to much creativity in the storytelling was lost to lazy CGI. I will say I probably dislike Jedi more than the prequels though. It was the same movie as New Hope remade with a bigger Death Star and teddy bears.

Extremely cute teddy bears.

Quote:I haven't heard/read the comments, but I'd guess these were uber geeks mad that they don't all look like Jango Fett?

For me

1. Revenge of the Sith

2. Return of the Jedi

Return of the Jedi would be number 1 if it didn't spend 35 minutes on the boring Han Solo escape. No one hates that as much as I do.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014, 01:57 PM by EricC85.)

Storm Troopers are different from Clone Troopers. The Clone Troopers where commissioned in the Clone Wars and Storm Troopers are recruits brought in after the events of Revenge of the Sith. The Clones where loyal to the Jedi council and after the Empire assassinated the Jedi's most of them where decommission not to mention the clone factories where destroyed prior to that. That's to say Storm Troopers refers to Non-Clones recruited to join the empire they are exclusively NOT from Jango's DNA and loyal only to the Empire.

at least that's how I understood it according to this guy

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/clone-...fferences/

I'm excited for this. I just loved seeing the X-Wings and the Millennium Falcon. 

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2014, 09:54 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Storm Troopers are different from Clone Troopers. The Clone Troopers where commissioned in the Clone Wars and Storm Troopers are recruits brought in after the events of Revenge of the Sith. The Clones where loyal to the Jedi council and after the Empire assassinated the Jedi's most of them where decommission not to mention the clone factories where destroyed prior to that. That's to say Storm Troopers refers to Non-Clones recruited to join the empire they are exclusively NOT from Jango's DNA and loyal only to the Empire.

at least that's how I understood it according to this guy

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/09/clone-...fferences/

Remember, the Clones turned on the Jedi and helped the Emperor execute Order 66.  They were not exclusively loyal to the Jedi.  I didn't recall the factory being closed (may have been,) but assumed the Empire would take advantage of it (unless those making the clones refused to work with the Empire after wiping out the Jedi.)

The more I think about it, all the guys upset about the 'trooper are probably getting trolled by Abrams.  When you consider the guy in the stormtrooper outfit could be someone escaping using the outfit as a disguise (as Luke and Han did)... makes you think.  When has a trooper ever acted so frantic?  When it was someone in a trooper disguise, that's when.  :ph34r:  If not that, possibly a deserter.  Certainly wasn't as lemming-like as your average trooper was he?

EDIT:  Actually, I found this that confirms Stormtroopers are clones.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">The Imperial stormtroopers were the evolution of the clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic. By the end of the Clone Wars in 19 BBY, the Galactic Republic was reorganized into the first Galactic Empire. As a result, the Grand Army was reformed into the Stormtrooper Corps and the clones were renamed "stormtroopers." Under the Empire, stormtroopers operated alongside Imperial Army and Navy units, and some were stationed on Naval ships where they served as marines. Although the Corps was overseen by Stormtrooper Command, a military agency that was independent from Imperial High Command, all stormtroopers ultimately answered to Emperor Palpatine with unconditional loyalty and subservience.

So, yeah... we've probably got ourselves an impostor!

Quote:Remember, the Clones turned on the Jedi and helped the Emperor execute Order 66. They were not exclusively loyal to the Jedi. I didn't recall the factory being closed (may have been,) but assumed the Empire would take advantage of it (unless those making the clones refused to work with the Empire after wiping out the Jedi.)

The more I think about it, all the guys upset about the 'trooper are probably getting trolled by Abrams. When you consider the guy in the stormtrooper outfit could be someone escaping using the outfit as a disguise (as Luke and Han did)... makes you think. When has a trooper ever acted so frantic? When it was someone in a trooper disguise, that's when. :ph34r: If not that, possibly a deserter. Certainly wasn't as lemming-like as your average trooper was he?

Your right about order 66 I forgot about that. Consider this the clone troopers are fighting the separatist in the first trilogy and the events after the first trilogy pick up what 20-25 years after the third episode. At that point even the youngest clone would be exiting the empires army. Now this trilogy is another 30 years after episode vi so that's 50-60 years after the clones, I'd imagine at this Point there are no clones left .

I agree with those above that say Revenge of the Sith was pretty dang good.  I would rank it number 2 on my list.  The Anakin ObiWan duel was the best lightsaber duel ever. 

1. Empire Strikes Back (the shock at the end and the feel of the movie throughout)

2. Revenge of the Sith

3. Return of the Jedi

4. A New Hope

5. Attack of the Clones

6. Phantom Menace (I actually hated little Anakin's acting worse than I hated Jar Jar Binks in this movie.  The kid was horrible.)

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Lucas can't write dialogue, that's the issue with all the movies except Empire. And the fact the he made Darth Vader, the universe's most incredible bad [BLEEP], have an origin that basically drills down to "little lost boy misses his mommy" destroys the image of the man in black armor.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

As a kid Jedi was my favorite, as I got older, empire us hands down the best of the series, in my opinion

Sith was ok, 4th best in my book. But phantom and clone wars were garbage

Empire was my fave. Target was selling Empire t-shirts recently and I bought one.

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJ6AmplD8g

Quote:Empire was my fave. Target was selling Empire t-shirts recently and I bought one.

man!  really?  I gotta get me an Empire T, what was of?  Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer or The  Falcon?

I think I've mentioned this in another thread, but I'm gotta mention it again:

If you haven't taken the time to read the Heir to the Empire trilogy of books by Timothy Zahn, called Heir to the Empire I highly suggest it!!!  

From Wikipedia:  The <b>Thrawn trilogy</b>, also known as the <b><i>Heir to the Empire</i> trilogy</b>, is a series of best-selling <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_fiction_novel' title="Science fiction novel">science fiction novels</a> written by Timothy Zahn. The novels are set in the <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Expanded_Universe' title="Star Wars Expanded Universe">Expanded Universe</a> (EU) of the <a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_galaxy' title="Star Wars galaxy">Star Wars galaxy</a> approximately five years after the events depicted in the film <i><a class="" href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_VI:_Return_of_the_Jedi' title="Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi">Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi</a></i>.

Leiah's character is awesome in this series, she's got major issues as she realizes Vader was her dad and that he tortured her and did other bad stuff to her... 

Luke is trying to cope with being all alone in terms of being a Jedi

And the bad guy is awesome!  

Matter of fact, I think I'm gonna rebuy these books for Christmas...  I used to read these books (along with LOTRs) every summer when I was a kid.

SPOILER: the names of the characters have been released! John Boyega as Finn, Daisy Ridley as Rey, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, the ball droid is BB-8, and the black cloaked dude as Kylo Ren

Quote:Lucas can't write dialogue, that's the issue with all the movies except Empire. And the fact the he made Darth Vader, the universe's most incredible bad [BAD WORD REMOVED], have an origin that basically drills down to "little lost boy misses his mommy" destroys the image of the man in black armor.

Best thing about the upcoming movie:

Lawrence Kasdan (the writer of Empire, in addition to other outstanding works) is attached.