Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I knew a bunch of idiots

Quote:Good post. Does everyone honestly think these young players want to lose. They are losing millions. We will also have a hard time getting FA to come here now.Jacksonville is a waste land.
The NFL is a cash business.  Players will go where the money is, and the team HAS to spend the cap money next year, so they are going to be throwing a lot of money around.  I know it's popular to accuse the team of being cheap, but the one thing I see here is that they've been building up a war chest specifically for 2015.  They're going to be active in free agency, and they'll be one of the teams with the most money to throw around. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think Bortles is a big part of the problem.  I expected he would be when he got the nod.  I just didn't think he'd be as consistently bad for this long of a stretch. There's hope for him, but it's diminishing slightly.  The O-line has really only had about 3 decent games as well. The rest have been horrible. 

There's lots of blame to go 'round. 
Exactly.  It's not all on one player or coach.  This is what you would expect when you're as young as this team is.  The hope is that getting these younger players on the field earlier to get experience will benefit this team over the long haul. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Exactly.  It's not all on one player or coach.  This is what you would expect when you're as young as this team is.  The hope is that getting these younger players on the field earlier to get experience will benefit this team over the long haul. 

You can't tell me that even your self the one of the most optimistic followers doesn't at times look at that staff and be dismayed. It doesn't fit. His message is clearly not working. Plus the lights seem to bright for Bubba. 

Quote:You can't tell me that even your self the one of the most optimistic followers doesn't at times look at that staff and be dismayed. It doesn't fit. His message is clearly not working. Plus the lights seem to bright for Bubba. 

I don't agree with every move this staff makes.  I've been questioning the play calling in another thread this morning.  But, there's a lot more going on here than lousy coaching.  You've got a team that is trotting out more rookies than any NFL franchise in recent memory, asking these rookies to fill some pretty critical roles.

I know your attempt to be cute with the "Bubba" nickname seems clever to you, but in the end, Bortles was never really expected to be a stud right out of the box.  He surprised folks with the progress he made from his senior year up to the point when he stepped in for Henne 9 games ago.  I didn't think he was ready to go then, and I think it's been pretty clear for most that this has proven to be the case. 

You want to dismiss everything else in order to tell the world you don't like Bortles.  That's fine.  Toss out all the cutesy nicknames you want.  He's the starting QB here whether you like it or not.  If you were a Colt fan when Manning was drafted, I'm sure you would have been making up similar titles for him as a rookie.  Let's see how Bortles progresses and how he reacts to the struggles he's facing right now.  If he comes  back a year from now and we're not seeing a different QB on the field, it's a problem.  I'm hopeful that won't be the case.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 01:35 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:I don't agree with every move this staff makes.  I've been questioning the play calling in another thread this morning.  But, there's a lot more going on here than lousy coaching.  You've got a team that is trotting out more rookies than any NFL franchise in recent memory, asking these rookies to fill some pretty critical roles.

I know your attempt to be cute with the "Bubba" nickname seems clever to you, but in the end, Bortles was never really expected to be a stud right out of the box.  He surprised folks with the progress he made from his senior year up to the point when he stepped in for Henne 9 games ago.  I didn't think he was ready to go then, and I think it's been pretty clear for most that this has proven to be the case. 

You want to dismiss everything else in order to tell the world you don't like Bortles.  That's fine.  Toss out all the cutesy nicknames you want.  He's the starting QB here whether you like it or not.  If you were a Colt fan when Manning was drafted, I'm sure you would have been making up similar titles for him as a rookie.  Let's see how Bortles progresses and how he reacts to the struggles he's facing right now.  If he comes  back a year from now and we're not seeing a different QB on the field, it's a problem.  I'm hopeful that won't be the case.

First things first the Manning comparisons need to stop. Bubba does not in the least display Manning's worst year abilities. If Bortles was on path for over 20 TD's I'd be mum on the issue. I truly mean that. Secondly the youth excuse is well just that at this point it's just excuses. There are other rookies that were pulling there weight and some are not. This team is talented enough to be mediocre right now and that falls on the QB and coaching that were not even close. Which means that this ship isn't moving. 

Quote:First things first the Manning comparisons need to stop. Bubba does not in the least display Manning's worst year abilities. If Bortles was on path for over 20 TD's I'd be mum on the issue. I truly mean that. Secondly the youth excuse is well just that at this point it's just excuses. There are other rookies that were pulling there weight and some are not. This team is talented enough to be mediocre right now and that falls on the QB and coaching that were not even close. Which means that this ship isn't moving.

I don't know what coach could win against Andrew luck and the colts with a quarterback playing like Blake is right now.

Luck is good for 2tds 300 yds, guaranteed. Bortles is good for at least 1 pick.

Quote:I don't know what coach could win against Andrew luck and the colts with a quarterback playing like Blake is right now.

Luck is good for 2tds 300 yds, guaranteed. Bortles is good for at least 1 pick.

Another straw man. No one was expecting a WIN. We just want to see progress from our young QB and the offense in general. What we saw yesterday was another blowout, a total collapse after halftime, and an OC afraid to let the QB pass downfield.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

An OC that had a failed gameplan to run the ball.   The Jaguars couldnt block them to be successful in the passing game anyway

Formerly known as The Real Joker

Quote:Another straw man. No one was expecting a WIN. We just want to see progress from our young QB and the offense in general. What we saw yesterday was another blowout, a total collapse after halftime, and an OC afraid to let the QB pass downfield.
This is a chicken or the egg type of an argument. Here's what I mean.

Many people belive that Fisch has handicapped Bortles. I think Bortles has handicapped Fisch, and he can't call the plays that he would like to call. Is Fisch afraid to let Bortles throw down field because he doesn't like down field passes, or has Bortles led Fisch to believe that down field passes will lead to a greater rate of turnovers? 

Thunderkitty is here to save us all.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 02:09 PM by Southern Chicken.)

@ Flash remember that Fisch said that he had to simplify the playbook for the rookie this year.   It was a reason they wanted to wait a little while longer to start Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 02:14 PM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:This is a chicken or the egg type of an argument. Here's what I mean.

Many people belive that Fisch has handicapped Bortles. I think Bortles has handicapped Fisch, and he can't call the plays that he would like to call. Is Fisch afraid to let Bortles throw down field because he doesn't like down field passes, or has Bortles led Fisch to believe that down field passes will lead to a greater rate of turnovers? 

If Fisch is afraid to let Bortles throw downfield, Henne should be QB. If Fisch is afraid to let either QB throw downfield, then we need a new QB or a new OC.

EDIT: Or both

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 02:17 PM by Southern Chicken.)

Here is another option Malabarjag, How about getting PROVEN veteran help on the Oline and WR position? 

Quote:If Fisch is afraid to let Bortles throw downfield, Henne should be QB. If Fisch is afraid to let either QB throw downfield, then we need a new QB or a new OC.

EDIT: Or both
Put yourself in Fisch's shoes. You have a veteran QB that isn't very good and there's no point in playing him any longer. The team has decided to give the rookie QB a chance to develop. 

The rookie QB (as expected) is making rookie mistakes and has a knack for throwing interceptions. How do you manage this? Inevitably, you try to shorten the throws and provide "confidence booster" type plays, like screens to get easy completions. Unfortunately, the supposedly easy, shorter pass plays are still difficult for the rookie QB.

And now, is Fisch supposed to open up the playbook and try deeper throws, with longer developing routes, behind a shaky O-line? He's in a no-win situation here. I don't care for Fisch, but I don't think he's the only problem. A lot of the blame should fall at the shoulders of the QB who hasn't shown much development.

Quote:Here is another option Malabarjag, How about getting PROVEN veteran help on the Oline and WR position?

But, but you have to build through the draft. Spending on free agency is a recipe for failure. Look at Denver. Oh wait...
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 02:23 PM by Southern Chicken.)

Yeah, It doesnt work for the Patriots either :thumbsup:

Quote:Here is another option Malabarjag, How about getting PROVEN veteran help on the Oline and WR position? 

You mean like Monroe and Nwaneri? Where could the Jags ever hope to find such players?

The Jags won 4 games last year with a (presumably) worse OL. As far as WR, who did we have last year? Blackmon only played in four losses. Shorts, Sanders and Brown are still on the team.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 02:53 PM by ukjag34.)

Quote:Another straw man. No one was expecting a WIN. We just want to see progress from our young QB and the offense in general. What we saw yesterday was another blowout, a total collapse after halftime, and an OC afraid to let the QB pass downfield.
see i don't get what guys want from fisch

you let bortles throw it about you get picks

you can't go out there and tell bortles you need to reduce the picks now go throw a 50 yard bomb into tight coverage

added bortles losing games for us with his mistakes ie Pittsburgh doesn't help his confidence

So he is in a tough position not to mention he has a limited playbook to help ease bortles in

I though the basic ethos of the gameplan was correct colts are soft up the middle run the ball hence why i started d rob

to me fisch and Bradley need to sit down with bortles and watch this game and the other colts game one after the other and say to him.. This is what happens when you don't play like you... Go out there and enjoy these next 5 games throw the ball about make mistakes and find your groove.

Let him loose and give him license to find the plays he likes and use this year to write the basis of our playback for next year

#freebortles

Quote:Would be blaming everyone but our bust of a QB. Bubba is trash and he has regressed even more. People thought he would come out firing on all cylinders. Fact is there is no trust in Bubba right now. This team plays for one half and gets embarrassed. Its a combo of coaching and the QB. There are signs of player improvement at other positions so Caldwell is about the only good thing the Jags got going for them. Wins will not come until Caldwell takes his lumps and fires the coaching staff and Bubba the QB
No man, it's not BB fault, it's the OLine, it's Fisch, it's the receivers... Wait till someone finds another QB stats to compare it to BB to make his horrible plays reasonable.

Quote:see i don't get what guys want from fisch

you let bortles throw it about you get picks

So what? Let him throw it anyway. That's what I want from Fisch.