Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Well, is he?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Simple Yes or No....Is Bradley The Guy

Quote:Is it really that difficult to understand? 

He's the head coach, so by virtue of that fact alone, he's the guy until something changes.

He may be the guy who avoids losing his job or the guy who is capable of winning in January.  I think he could be either, the trouble is, I think after 3 seasons this guy MAY have 11 totals wins - NOT a 11 win season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I always love it when simpletons like you throw out the "excuses" label. 

I have yet to hear Gus make a single excuse. 

I don't consider FACTS to be excuses, but I understand that FACTS tend to confuse the likes of you, so you have to label them as something, and excuses is the best you can come up with. 

The truth is, FACTS indicate that the 5-21 record, as painful as it has been from the perspective of fans, is the end result of years of bad drafting and personnel decisions that had to be undone.  It's the result of a complete change of philosophy where the team is building almost exclusively through the draft for the first 2 seasons under the current regime. 

It is a FACT that this is one of the youngest rosters in the league as a result of the purge of garbage that was done over the past 2 years, and that we are putting the young players on the field in order to allow them to develop as players so that when we hit year 3, we'll know EXACTLY where this team stands in their rebuilding process.

It's not the fault of the front office, the coaching staff, or the owner that some of their fans are so incredibly thick headed and incapable of understanding that it takes time to build the team using the approach they've chosen.

Nobody here is saying Gus is the savior as the head coach.  You're just not capable of understanding the point that the jury is still out despite the record, and it's FACTS, not excuses that have determined the current record he has as a head coach. 
Your the queen of excuses.  You have made excuses for every regime that has ran this team.  You have 0 credibility because your record for these things sucks.  Didn't bother reading the rest of your garbage

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Poor gameplan, Poor adjustments and Poor product on the field???

Two of the three aren't his responsibilities...

Can you guess which two???

NH3...

Poor game planning and adjustments aren't his responsibilities?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Poor game planning and adjustments aren't his responsibilities?
Don't bother arguing with the blind homers.

Quote:Your the queen of excuses.  You have made excuses for every regime that has ran this team.  You have 0 credibility because your record for these things sucks.  Didn't bother reading the rest of your garbage
Like I said, for those with the mental capacity of a shoe, facts are excuses.  You've simply confirmed that.  Thanks for playing. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Don't bother arguing with the blind homers.
Yeah, because "blind homers" use bad things like facts.  You don't want to mess with them. 

rabble rabble

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I always love it when simpletons like you throw out the "excuses" label. 

I have yet to hear Gus make a single excuse. 

I don't consider FACTS to be excuses, but I understand that FACTS tend to confuse the likes of you, so you have to label them as something, and excuses is the best you can come up with. 

The truth is, FACTS indicate that the 5-21 record, as painful as it has been from the perspective of fans, is the end result of years of bad drafting and personnel decisions that had to be undone.  It's the result of a complete change of philosophy where the team is building almost exclusively through the draft for the first 2 seasons under the current regime. 

It is a FACT that this is one of the youngest rosters in the league as a result of the purge of garbage that was done over the past 2 years, and that we are putting the young players on the field in order to allow them to develop as players so that when we hit year 3, we'll know EXACTLY where this team stands in their rebuilding process.

It's not the fault of the front office, the coaching staff, or the owner that some of their fans are so incredibly thick headed and incapable of understanding that it takes time to build the team using the approach they've chosen.

Nobody here is saying Gus is the savior as the head coach.  You're just not capable of understanding the point that the jury is still out despite the record, and it's FACTS, not excuses that have determined the current record he has as a head coach.
It's actually not a fact that the team is 5-21 due to bad drafting. It could be because of bad coaching. It could also be because of bad drafting but to state it as a fact is wrong.

Quote:It's actually not a fact that the team is 5-21 due to bad drafting. It could be because of bad coaching. It could also be because of bad drafting but to state it as a fact is wrong.
It's absolutely a fact that this roster was completely depleted of real talent with a few exceptions.  That includes bad drafting and bad player acquisition in free agency. 

Not saying coaching isn't another component, but you can't really expect coaches to take trash and magically turn it into a contender.  Especially if you're replacing trash with young, very inexperienced players who you plan to develop. 

Quote:Yeah, because "blind homers" use bad things like facts.  You don't want to mess with them. 

rabble rabble
The facts are.  This team is 1-9.  The facts are this team has not been competitive in over half of those games.  The facts are this team is regressing from last year. 

The excuses;  but but we are so young, but but the 10 year rebuild process, but but maybe next year.

I know you suffer from partial mental retardation but give it a break.  We know your predictable and we know you will defend whatever Jaguar loser regime is in place.  We also know you will be wrong and know that you will spin it like your neutral.  Your not neutral because just like gene smith you would attack anyone who says anything against the regime.

Your full of excuses but the facts are this team is the laughing stock of the NFL.  The cowboys were out partying all night before they played us cause we get no respect.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014, 06:52 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:Like I said, for those with the mental capacity of a shoe, facts are excuses. You've simply confirmed that. Thanks for playing.

And you think you know everything about the team, and if someone has a different opinion or theory about this team they are ilinformed or stupid. Yeah, thanks for playing...

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Darn,

I wrote this awesome response, and it looks like it got lost in cyperspace.  I'm not gonna try and re-write it...

So here's the abridged version of my lost work masterful football insight:

As long as the team doesn't quit on Gus and they play hard the remaining 6 games, he should be back to see this thing through into year 3.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards Gus revamping his coordinators.  But I will even give Fish and Babich the last 6 games to show they are capable coaches.

So again, maybe is the correct response.  We can re-evaluate at the end of the season.

Quote:Is it really that difficult to understand? 

He's the head coach, so by virtue of that fact alone, he's the guy until something changes.
i'm asking you what do you think?

what does your gut tell you?

is he the guy or not?

I am stuck between …

No he is, and Yes he's not.

What to do?

Quote:I am stuck between …

No he is, and Yes he's not.

What to do?

Right now you're nuttier than Chinese chicken salad, mmmmkay? 

Quote:It's absolutely a fact that this roster was completely depleted of real talent with a few exceptions.  That includes bad drafting and bad player acquisition in free agency. 

Not saying coaching isn't another component, but you can't really expect coaches to take trash and magically turn it into a contender.  Especially if you're replacing trash with young, very inexperienced players who you plan to develop.
Yes but you said it's a fact this this team is 5-21 because of years of bad drafting. That's not a fact. It could be a number of factors with poor drafting being one of them.... Poor coaching could also be and most likely is a big reason why as well.

Just helping you understand something that is not a fact. Carry on padawon.

Well FBT keeps talking about Facts so lets State the facts

Record: 1-9  Second worst in the league

Offense- 32nd in almost every major category

Defense- Aside from Sacks pretty medicore

2nd year players- Most of them look terrible.  Joeckle and Cyprien suck so far

It will get better because it really can't get much worse.  The fact is this team is failing not only from the lack of talent but the coaches not putting these young players in good position.  We get out coached every week.  Our coaches seem to sleep at halftime.  While other coaches make adjustments we get our butts handed to us in the second half.

Quote:i'm asking you what do you think?

what does your gut tell you?

is he the guy or not?

I'm honestly not sure.  I see mistakes that would lead me to think he's not, but I've also seen him do things that would be a good indication he is.  I think ultimately you want a guy who players want to play for, and you want a guy who makes smart snap decisions on game day.  I haven't seen enough to go either way at this point, especially with a team as  young as this one.  If the team isn't playing better by the end of the season, and if that doesn't carry over into next year, he's not.

Quote:Yes but you said it's a fact this this team is 5-21 because of years of bad drafting. That's not a fact. It could be a number of factors with poor drafting being one of them.... Poor coaching could also be and most likely is a big reason why as well.

Just helping you understand something that is not a fact. Carry on padawon.

That was simply ONE fact of many.  My point was that FACTS are not excuses for anyone but those who can't comprehend beyond one thing.  You're arguing about the minutiae based on a few examples, and not a comprehensive list of what is wrong with this team. 

4 and 12 with the 2013 Jaguars was a Coach of the Year performance.

4 and 12 with the 2014 Jaguars could potentially be the same thing.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Well FBT keeps talking about Facts so lets State the facts

Record: 1-9  Second worst in the league

Offense- 32nd in almost every major category

Defense- Aside from Sacks pretty medicore

2nd year players- Most of them look terrible.  Joeckle and Cyprien suck so far

It will get better because it really can't get much worse.  The fact is this team is failing not only from the lack of talent but the coaches not putting these young players in good position.  We get out coached every week.  Our coaches seem to sleep at halftime.  While other coaches make adjustments we get our butts handed to us in the second half.

Let's see where the team is at the end of the season, and again next year and we can quibble over the facts.  The reality here is that the team is smack dab in the middle of a complete rebuild process. This isn't the finished product, and most here grasp that fact.  You excluded of course.