Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Everyday this franchise employs Gus Bradley as HC, it's another wasted day.

Gus is the chef and Caldwell has given him cat food and a turnip to make a gourmet dinner.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014, 05:45 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Gus is the chef and Caldwell has given him cat food and a turnip to make a gourmet dinner.....

I would actually say Caldwell gave Gus a Kobe steak and he deep fried it.

Nobody should feel comfortable in their job if theyre on pace for 5 or 6 wins over 2 years. He doesnt deserve to be back

Quote:I would actually say Caldwell gave Gus a Kobe steak and he deep fried it.

^This

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Musgrave started 1-9 in 2012 with Blaine F Gabbert at QB. It was the Jags worst start ever at the time.

With two years to work with, Bradley has yet to exceed even that dismal start.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:we saw some good things out there..

there were some opportunities..

we're out there learning..

it's a process..

I would like to ban the above 4 sentences from Gus' pressers for the rest of the season.

I would just prefer him say "we're moving on to ______"

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Musgrave started 1-9 in 2012 with Blaine F Gabbert at QB. It was the Jags worst start ever at the time.

With two years to work with, Bradley has yet to exceed even that dismal start.

Who's Musgrave?

Is he related to Muschamp? or Musberger?

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014, 06:47 PM by Dakota.)

Same gameday, same story. The team said it was going to gut the roster and start over. The same thing has been happening and hasn't changed  for a season and a half now. It is still as far through the rebuild as the owner, GM, and coaches said it would be.

Sometimes you have to be smart enough to listen to what really smart people say to you, and actually remember it. If you thought that a bunch of rookies were going to come in and beat the world,  you weren't listening to begin with.

Sucks for you...

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:You can't have inexperience across the board.

If you're going to put together such a young team, it would have been better to have an experienced coach that knows what he's doing.

I'd take an experienced head coach and an offensive coordinator who's offense doesn't belong in college, please.

This is what I've been saying for so long. Everyone can't be rookies bc this garbage is what you get. Caldwell should have gotten someone with experience to help the rebuild. This team can't take this crap anymore. We need to win now. We have a QB now it's time to win.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

When Kahn first bought the team and hired Caldwell it was said a bazillion times that this will be a long process...It has been said a bazillion times, even as recently as Kahn's interview(s) in London, that we are still building the foundation of the future...It was said at the very beginning that it would be a few years before we would be competitive...At that time, it seemed everyone or mostly everyone was on board with that plan and most agreed that year 3 would be the tell tale year...

Now, even before the second year is over, the is a growing number of people who seem to have forgotten that they had supported the total rebuild of the team and the long process...

I understand the frustration, I understand the we need to win mentality, I also understand that a year and a half into a 4 year rebuild is too soon to abandon the plan...We have all been patient for a very long time, but we must continue to be so...

The only analogy I can think of is that a house is being built...The foundation is being built and the floor laid, and people are trying to move in already as if it's a finished project and want to start firing all the contractors because it's not finished when they knew it would take a long time to be completed...

Quote:This is what I've been saying for so long. Everyone can't be rookies bc this garbage is what you get. Caldwell should have gotten someone with experience to help the rebuild. This team can't take this crap anymore. We need to win now
. We have a QB now it's time to win.
WHY? I mean everyone WANTS to win now, but why is it mandatory? I'd love to win out, and never lose a game again, but the reality is, we suck and we are  still a couple years away from being contenders

Quote:When Kahn first bought the team and hired Caldwell it was said a bazillion times that this will be a long process...It has been said a bazillion times, even as recently as Kahn's interview(s) in London, that we are still building the foundation of the future...It was said at the very beginning that it would be a few years before we would be competitive...At that time, it seemed everyone or mostly everyone was on board with that plan and most agreed that year 3 would be the tell tale year...

Now, even before the second year is over, the is a growing number of people who seem to have forgotten that they had supported the total rebuild of the team and the long process...

I understand the frustration, I understand the we need to win mentality, I also understand that a year and a half into a 4 year rebuild is too soon to abandon the plan...We have all been patient for a very long time, but we must continue to be so...

The only analogy I can think of is that a house is being built...The foundation is being built and the floor laid, and people are trying to move in already as if it's a finished project and want to start firing all the contractors because it's not finished when they knew it would take a long time to be completed...

Ok, we we will  finally be competitive during the 2016 season, or is it the 2017 season?

Then maybe compete for the playoffs in 2018, maybe 2019?

That sound about right, according to "The Plan"

OK, what choice do we really have anyway?

Quote:Who's Musgrave?

Is he related to Muschamp? or Musberger?

Oops, I meant Mularkey. I get former inept Jags coaches who's names begin with Mu confused.

Quote:Ok, we we will  finally be competitive during the 2016 season, or is it the 2017 season?

Then maybe compete for the playoffs in 2018, maybe 2019?

That sound about right, according to "The Plan"

OK, what choice do we really have anyway?
Yeah sure, I'm sure that's the timetable that's been laid out...Pretty sure the 3rd year is the year to be competitive, but whatever...The point remains the same...you can't abandon the plan before you're even half way through it and start all over again...That will set us back even farther...

Quote:WHY? I mean everyone WANTS to win now, but why is it mandatory? I'd love to win out, and never lose a game again, but the reality is, we suck and we are  still a couple years away from being contenders

Well obviously winning isn't mandatory.

It isn't expected or required either.

Heck, at this time, it doesn't even look possible or probable.

Actually, winning at this point would just be a fluke anyway, an unexpected fluke.

The other team would actually have to beat itself for the Jags to win, now talk about an unexpected fluke.

Quote:I would actually say Caldwell gave Gus a Kobe steak and he deep fried it.

A Kobe steak?

Joeckel and Cyp are busts...help me out?

Quote:I understand the frustration, I understand the we need to win mentality, I also understand that a year and a half into a 4 year rebuild is too soon to abandon the plan...We have all been patient for a very long time, but we must continue to be so...

No one is suggesting abandoning the "plan." But is it asking too much to expect an improvement over the worst start in Jags history? Is it too much to expect coaching to actually improve the players over the course of a season?

This thread is about coaching. Shouldn't the team be more prepared? Shouldn't Dez Bryant be double covered with 31 seconds left in the half? Shouldn't we expect the ST to not have 3 blocked FG and two blocked punts at this point? I'm not even asking for a return for a TD, just basic competence. Every team uses rookies and backups on ST, so the youth of the team is not an excuse in this case.

Process? It's a process.

So is the growth of mold on stale bread.

There was supposed to be improvement. There is none.

The hope and change Khan gave us is..... A slow process.

An interview with some Brit fans ... Asked what they thought of their " adopted home team"

One said..Wot? Those wankers?

Ouch.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:No one is suggesting abandoning the "plan." But is it asking too much to expect an improvement over the worst start in Jags history? Is it too much to expect coaching to actually improve the players over the course of a season?

This thread is about coaching. Shouldn't the team be more prepared? Shouldn't Dez Bryant be double covered with 31 seconds left in the half? Shouldn't we expect the ST to not have 3 blocked FG and two blocked punts at this point? I'm not even asking for a return for a TD, just basic competence. Every team uses rookies and backups on ST, so the youth of the team is not an excuse in this case.

The plan only works if it works...

With Marks being the only good FA signing and Joeckel and Cyp being early round wasted picks (busts) is Caldwell even part of a good plan?

More concerning is that Bradley is now a HC caliber guy and the majority of the coaching staff sucks.

We can stick to the plan if you want.  But it's a plan for failure with the ingredients we have right now.

Quote:Yeah sure, I'm sure that's the timetable that's been laid out...Pretty sure the 3rd year is the year to be competitive, but whatever...The point remains the same...you can't abandon the plan before you're even half way through it and start all over again...That will set us back even farther...

If they expect the Jags to be competitive in the 3rd year, OH BOY, because right now, that's doesn't look like it's going to happen, unless..........DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?