Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why is sanders still on the roster?

Quote:I like the Lee idea

In the warm up lee was actually practicing punt returning I expected him to do this in the game and it took me only 1 pint return to realise he should be

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He made a mistake...  Yeah, it came at a horrible time...  But let's just calm down on the cut Ace thing...  This season is pretty much a wash for him since he was suspended.

I'll wait till next year before sharpening my pitch-form for him...

Let's face it, the team has a bad game as a single unit.  You can't really just thow 1 player under the bus this week.  And the coaches shouldn't be getting a pass either.  
Cutting him now probably wouldn't make sense, but in the offseason it would.  With a group of inconsistent WRs and his time to shine on special teams, hes' done nothing.

And calling his season a wash because he was suspended for 4 games doesn't really make sense to me.

Quote:He has shown nothing since being drafted. So the question is valid, I guess Caldwell and Gus think him a nice guy,

high energy, and has great hair.

I said this before and JDub jumped on me trying to defend him. He has never brought one to the house, and he has been worthless this year. What else can be said about Ace?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Waiving Ace now would be cutting off your hand to spite your face. He's a versatile utility player who can line up at any receiver spot and field punts. He's useful in that capacity, even if he's just average (or below average) in each individual area. I hesitate to write him off so quickly because, well, because Cecil Shorts. Shorts was drafted in the fourth round, looked completely lost in his rookie season to the point that he was yanked off of punt returns and left to rot on the bench, and he wound up being pretty good. I'd hate to see Ace cut by the Jaguars before landing somewhere else and becoming a good slot guy.

That said, I'm hoping the team drafts some competition for him in the latter rounds of next year's draft and signs a bargain FA receiver/punt returner to force him to either take that next step or go be someone else's problem.

I dont understand why Ace isn't playing wr and Lee is returning punts. Lee is useless at wr, and ace played decent last season.

Quote:They should be Lee back there, Lee did it in college and needs to be on the field more

Lee wont be back there this year...the guy is constantly hurt.  He'd fall apart if he returned a punt.

They need to get Ace like 3-4 creative touches on offense. He isnt a typical WR obviously, but get him in space similar to Tavon Austin. He can make people miss and pick up crucial first downs on easy passes. 

I hate when people say:

"Player X is versatile - he can play multiple positions"

well, that only applies if he can play multiple positions well.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Don't think Sanders adds anything to the team and I don't see him being here next year.

Ace lucked out because Tandon Doss got hurt in the off-season.

He has 6 more games to wow the coaching staff - or else he'll probably be on some other team's practice squad soon.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Lee wont be back there this year...the guy is constantly hurt.  He'd fall apart if he returned a punt.

Hopefully that just gives him the extra incentives to avoid their special teams and return them all for tds

I think if Goodell loosens up the drug testing restrictions, Ace has value.   He was much better when he played stoned.

To much lateral movement on punt returns, not enough north and south.  He's simply not dynamic back there.  

Gene's Myth

I like what Ace brings to the table. As far as I can recall it was his first muffed punt, and when he doesn't have a gunner in his face the moment he catches a punt, he's a threat to take it to the house. As a WR, he's show to have great hands and an ability to adjust to the ball in the air (looking back to last year).

So this thread was created after he made one mistake all year? Lol. Im going to quit this message board. Out of all the repeat offenders on this team, you now want to get rid of him? Lol. And, you want to release him for the coaching staff not using him correctly?

Yall are too funny.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:I like what Ace brings to the table. As far as I can recall it was his first muffed punt, and when he doesn't have a gunner in his face the moment he catches a punt, he's a threat to take it to the house. As a WR, he's show to have great hands and an ability to adjust to the ball in the air (looking back to last year).

Exactly, I dont get the hate.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:So this thread was created after he made one mistake all year? Lol. Im going to quit this message board. Out of all the repeat offenders on this team, you now want to get rid of him? Lol. And, you want to release him for the coaching staff not using him correctly?

Yall are too funny.
that was the 2nd muffed punt, the first one he got lucky because there was a flag on the play

If he was providing more of an impact as a returner, this wouldn't be as much of an issue, but he's not. I'm not ready to give up on him, but he's gotta show something in the next few games. 

Quote:I like what Ace brings to the table. As far as I can recall it was his first muffed punt, and when he doesn't have a gunner in his face the moment he catches a punt, he's a threat to take it to the house. As a WR, he's show to have great hands and an ability to adjust to the ball in the air (looking back to last year).

This is where I disagree. He is not a threat to bring it to the house. He's never brought one there, so he doesn't threaten anyone.

Better question is why Dwayne gratz still has a job
<P>Riding the Brian Witherspoon bandwagon.Big Grin
;
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000">______________________________________________________________</FONT></P><P><!--quoteo--><!--quotec--><b>Titansfan9157 (8/24/2007)</b>
VY is already a top 5 QB in this league. He just wins games. And no need for Fred Taylor or MJD we have Chris Henry... he will be better then both of them after this year. Just like Vince Young was last year. BOOK IT.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gratz got owned yesterday.  It looked pathetic.  Dez just threw him to the ground on that long pass for a TD.