Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sen'Derrick Marks

How do we vote ? And can we vote for more than one jags player ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marks is our best player IMO

Quote:How do we vote ? And can we vote for more than one jags player ?

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

You can vote as many times as you want. The number of players you can vote for at each position varies a little bit, but is usually 3.

He's our best defensive player. Thanks Tacks!

Quote:He's our best defensive player. Thanks Tacks!
whos better than Marks on offense?

Quote:whos better than Marks on offense?

Good point...

Who cares? IT'S THE PRO BOWL for God's sake. The single most meaningless accolade in sports.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:He's our best defensive player. Thanks Tacks!

Why did they let him get a job somewhere else? That decision backfired when he chose Jacksonville.

I am expecting a contract hold out in the next couple yrs.

Quote:Who cares? IT'S THE PRO BOWL for God's sake. The single most meaningless accolade in sports.

I disagree. AllStar appearances hold a huge weight in analyzing a players career.. In any sport... It gives them national recognition and having players with bigger names makes us(the team) more relevant in the eyes of everyone.

Some people on this board say "who cares about what everyone else thinks in this league". But to be honest, I would love for our team to have a hand full of players that everyone knows and respects. Hopefully that will come with winning.. I'm sure it would.

I think it is time to distinguish between players voted into a pro bowl and the players that play the game.

Getting some ridiculous pro bowlers now

Quote:The only reason Marks would not get in is the stupid fan voting system that allows the players on more popular teams to get a lot more votes. Same thing happened to Josh Scobee four years ago. A kicker who scored from 59 years out and was nearly perfect all year deserves it a lot more than Billy Cundiff.  But no, just because he is a Jaguar Cundiff went to the Pro Bowl instead.

As a defensive tackle, Senderrick Marks has a much better chance of getting in than Scobee did. But Paul Posluszny got in as an alternate last year and MJD got in as a backup when  he led the NFL in rushing. The only time Fred Taylor went there he was an alternate. So I am afraid the anti-Jaguars bias will strike again and Marks needs another player's injury to go there even though statistically he is the best defensive tackle in the AFC.

A good part of that is because fans from other teams only look at a team's record and then say, "They're 3-13, they must not have any good players" or "They aren't a big market team, that means they don't have any good players". Problem is, there's almost no way to fix this since the media are the ones pulling the strings - ignoring good players on small market teams while constantly propping up average players from big markets in front of fans watching tv, making it seem like they are the best in the league. The Jags will have to be so good that even the media won't be able to ignore them (although I'm sure they'll likely try).

Quote:A good part of that is because fans from other teams only look at a team's record and then say, "They're 3-13, they must not have any good players" or "They aren't a big market team, that means they don't have any good players". Problem is, there's almost no way to fix this since the media are the ones pulling the strings - ignoring good players on small market teams while constantly propping up average players from big markets in front of fans watching tv, making it seem like they are the best in the league. The Jags will have to be so good that even the media won't be able to ignore them (although I'm sure they'll likely try).

But what if fans of other teams knew a couple guys on our defensive line have Super Bowl rings? Then they could not make the "he is a Jaguar" excuse for Red Bryant and Chris Clemons.

I think he will make it. Fortunately the other biggest name brand DTs (Suh, McCoy, Fairley, and Aaron Donald) are in the NFC. Marks is pretty clearly becoming the class DT of the AFC.

P.S. Aaron Donald is the true 2nd best DT in the league already behind Suh...perhaps the proof of that will be expounded upon in a thread in the NFL at large sometime later by me but that's not for right now.

Quote:But what if fans of other teams knew a couple guys on our defensive line have Super Bowl rings? Then they could not make the "he is a Jaguar" excuse for Red Bryant and Chris Clemons.
I like Big Red and Clem but plenty of bad players have Superbowl rings. That 300lbs QB the Giants had has a ring...

Quote:Who cares? IT'S THE PRO BOWL for God's sake. The single most meaningless accolade in sports.

I understand what you're saying, the game itself and the ridiculous public vote are a bit silly.

But despite that, I think sending Marks to the pro-bowl improves the reputation of the Jaguars. Which has to be a good thing.

It would be a boost for the player himself too.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot'>http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot</a>

You can vote as many times as you want. The number of players you can vote for at each position varies a little bit, but is usually 3.

Looks like they've increased the numbers this year, because some categories allowed as many as eight nominations !

I've voted though... Might take a rest before going again.

Also, disappointing that players like Allen Hurns and Demetrius McCray not on the list .

Quote:I think he will make it. Fortunately the other biggest name brand DTs (Suh, McCoy, Fairley, and Aaron Donald) are in the NFC. Marks is pretty clearly becoming the class DT of the AFC.

P.S. Aaron Donald is the true 2nd best DT in the league already behind Suh...perhaps the proof of that will be expounded upon in a thread in the NFL at large sometime later by me but that's not for right now.

You do realize the Pro Bowl is no longer AFC vs. NFC, right?

Quote:Looks like they've increased the numbers this year, because some categories allowed as many as eight nominations !

I've voted though... Might take a rest before going again.

Also, disappointing that players like Allen Hurns and Demetrius McCray not on the list .

Probably because it is not divided by conference anymore, which I think is stupid.

Demetrius McCray has started only four games. And the only reason he got the starting job was Dwayne Gratz had a concussion.

But Allen Hurns is a different story. He definitely belongs on the ballot.

Quote:I like Big Red and Clem but plenty of bad players have Superbowl rings. That 300lbs QB the Giants had has a ring...

Could do with him here. Been struggling on our qb sneaks