Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lots of positives

I'm glad that positives are almost all rookies and second year players. Denard R, Allen R, Linder, Bowanko, Telvin Smith, McCray. Ryan Davis has been a third down beast too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Caldwell is bringing in talent. I just can't say for sure that we have the coaches in place to get that talent to the next level.

Quote:McCray needs to start. The Robinsons are starters. Bowanko and Linder are good. We have a Defensive Line, a big play LB and high draft picks coming. We'll see what develops

I thought McCray did start today and Gratz replaced Ball.

CBS screwed up and did not introduce the Jaguars defense IIRC.

Quote:I'm glad that positives are almost all rookies and second year players. Denard R, Allen R, Linder, Bowanko, Telvin Smith, McCray. Ryan Davis has been a third down beast too.

No kidding. Ryan Davis had two sacks and did nothing to make me think we missed Andre Branch. The future is bright for our young players.

That said, I am worried about Josh Wells being thrown into the fire with no experience. We obviously missed David Caldwell's first draft pick.

Quote:Bortles had a bad day,

But the rest of the team impressed (again)

Let's list a few of the positives. I believe they far outweigh the negatives today.

The first and most important one was that our patched up defense was impressive. Again ! Marks and Davis got sacks and Tannehill spent the first half going backwards. And Thomas got an interception. The defense gave up less than 20 points. Again !

On top of that DRob had another 100yd game and I think he has conclusively won the argument to be our number one RB.

Allen Robinson also impressed.

I think we have real reason to be pleased, despite the disappointing result

When we were getting blown out early in the season, it was because the whole team played bad. That wasn't the case today.

All of this! I'd also rather Bortles make his first year starting mistakes this season.

Quote:I'm glad that positives are almost all rookies and second year players. Denard R, Allen R, Linder, Bowanko, Telvin Smith, McCray. Ryan Davis has been a third down beast too.
All the guys you listed have their arrow pointed up.

When 50% + of your starters are rookies or second year guys, your team was really bad and you aren't going to turn that around overnight. It is turning around though. There is a new foundation in place.

Once this team builds on that foundation, good things will happen.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I thought McCray did start today and Gratz replaced Ball.

CBS screwed up and did not introduce the Jaguars defense IIRC.
Meant going forward....without the sharing of snaps nonsense that's happened before this week with Gratz

Bortles  threw 2 great TD passes right to wide open dolphins.  :thumbsup:  seriously take away the 2 pick 6 ,and score is 13 to 13.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014, 06:03 PM by Southern Chicken.)

Jt Thomas is a good fill in for poz. Abry Jones is still looking good at DT
Formerly known as The Real Joker

Quote:Jt Thomas is a good fill in for poz. Abry Jones is still looking good at DT

Yeah the interception was awesome. I am looking forward to seeing some more good plays out of him.

Another positive is it looks like they won't have to pay Shorts next year. I'm grasping at this point.

Quote:Another positive is it looks like they won't have to pay Shorts next year. I'm grasping at this point.

I think this is the last year of his contract. If it is, we won't miss him because the young guys are playing better.

Quote:I think this is the last year of his contract. If it is, we won't miss him because the young guys are playing better.
That's basically my point.

Quote:Look at it this way, Bortles shows flashes. That's much more than we can really say about Gabbert. We are still seeing glimpses of both why he was drafted #3 overall and why he was intended to sit the whole season. His mechanics get sketchy sometimes. That 3rd and short out route that he missed is a prime example. Bad footwork and he under threw the WR. I don't believe he can get worse, but on the flip side, he can get tremendously better. With Denard appearing to hage figured the RB position and us using Gerhart the right way (3rd and 2-3yds) we are actually watchable. Defense played amazing today, I just hate Bortles made two huge mistakes. Stay positive, Jags Nation, good times look to be on the horizon

Good post. I agree 100%

Blake Bortles said he felt except for a few mistakes, he played pretty well. That is a far cry from last week, when he said his own performance was bad.

Quote:Only positives for me is Telvin Smith and Allen Robinson. Caldwell's best two draft picks by far.

Really?  Those are the only positives?  

Denard had another 100 yard game and the running game as a whole ran for 170 yards against one of the best run defenses in the league.  

Other than the bad snap, Bowanko had another good game.  

Wells wasn't horrible filling in for Luke.  The sack after he came in the game was on Beadles.

Marks, Davis, and Big Red all played lights out.  

Evans and Cyp both had good games.  

Our defense held them to 13 points without our so-called leader Poz.

Honestly I'm not worried at all.  The rookie mistakes by the QB are getting worked out.  If you wanna cry about it and not see the positives then fine.  

The team had 14, count them 14 (!!!!) 3 and out's with Henne under center in 2.5 games.  Wanna know how many since Blake came in?  Take a look at the total stats here: http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/...tage/2014/.  We have 24 total 3 and outs.  14 of those came with Henne playing in 2.5 games.  That means there's been 10 total in all the games Bortles has played total.  10.  That's all.  That's progress.

Sure he's throwing picks, but who cares?  He's learning.  I can give him that.  If you can't then that's your problem.  But if you can't see what's happening right in front of your face then you're just blind to what's going on.

And by the way, what's going on is a very good thing.

Quote:You don't think any of the O-line Rookies were worth the pick?
Bowanko has exceeded my expectations.  I don't know if I would completely ignore the C position next April, but he has played better than I imagined he would.

Linder is playing well.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Bowanko has exceeded my expectations.  I don't know if I would completely ignore the C position next April, but he has played better than I imagined he would.

Linder is playing well.

Especially when Bowanko wasn't even on the radar when it comes to draftable centers. When the team brought him in for a visit before the draft, it was hard to find any information on him. Could be a great find.

Quote:Especially when Bowanko wasn't even on the radar when it comes to draftable centers. When the team brought him in for a visit before the draft, it was hard to find any information on him. Could be a great find.
Correct.  As far as fans/draftniks go, Bowanko was about as much as an unknown quantity as it gets.

It sure would be nice if he became our Tom Nalen.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Really?  Those are the only positives?  

Denard had another 100 yard game and the running game as a whole ran for 170 yards against one of the best run defenses in the league.  

Other than the bad snap, Bowanko had another good game.  

Wells wasn't horrible filling in for Luke.  The sack after he came in the game was on Beadles.

Marks, Davis, and Big Red all played lights out.  

Evans and Cyp both had good games.  

Our defense held them to 13 points without our so-called leader Poz.

Honestly I'm not worried at all.  The rookie mistakes by the QB are getting worked out.  If you wanna cry about it and not see the positives then fine.  

The team had 14, count them 14 (!!!!) 3 and out's with Henne under center in 2.5 games.  Wanna know how many since Blake came in?  Take a look at the total stats here: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2014/'>http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/three-and-out-percentage/2014/</a>.  We have 24 total 3 and outs.  14 of those came with Henne playing in 2.5 games.  That means there's been 10 total in all the games Bortles has played total.  10.  That's all.  That's progress.

Sure he's throwing picks, but who cares?  He's learning.  I can give him that.  If you can't then that's your problem.  But if you can't see what's happening right in front of your face then you're just blind to what's going on.

And by the way, what's going on is a very good thing.

This is what's up