Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do the Gators just suck?

John, to answer your question, it is definitely serious. The Gators do suck.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I watched Will Muschamp's postgame press conference. He reported six turnovers, kicking the ball where it should not be kicked, and a bunch of other mistakes.

Someone asked him if he is worried about his job security. Muschamp said he is conly worried about the team because whether he gets fired or not is outside his control.

The Gators have the talent to not suck, but Muschamp plays seniority over actual skill.. so they suck lol

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:The Gators have the talent to not suck, but Muschamp plays seniority over actual skill.. so they suck lol

So if Florida hired another coach today Jeff Driskel would play like an All-American? Get real. It is a combination of coaching and talent.

Quote:So if Florida hired another coach today Jeff Driskel would play like an All-American? Get real. It is a combination of coaching and talent.

Wait, what? You should get real and reread my comment. Driskel's name is nowhere to be found... are you serious? LOL 

Quote:Wait, what? You should get real and reread my comment. Driskel's name is nowhere to be found... are you serious? LOL 

actual skill = player talent

That is how I look at it.

Quote:actual skill = player talent

That is how I look at it.

Ok I'll make it easier to understand since you still don't understand my post.. Muschamp is playing seniority (Driskel), over actually skills/talent (Harris/Grier)... better? 

Take it easy on her, she's our JaguarWoman
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Ok I'll make it easier to understand since you still don't understand my post.. Muschamp is playing seniority (Driskel), over actually skills/talent (Harris/Grier)... better? 

What actual skills and talent are you talking about? Treon Harris was as bad as Jeff Driskel and made all of the same mistakes. So Will Muschamp was not keeping the better quarterback sidelined. He has no "better quarterback" right now.

Time for change in Gainesville. They won't become UM.
Huh

Quote:I read the thread title and thought...

[Image: 5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg]

that was my thought, Gator fan or not it's already pretty well established we suck.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Like a brand-SPANKING new Hoover.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:What actual skills and talent are you talking about? Treon Harris was as bad as Jeff Driskel and made all of the same mistakes. So Will Muschamp was not keeping the better quarterback sidelined. He has no "better quarterback" right now.

Treon harris came in, not even a way conducive to give the QB good confidence or good rhythm and completed 67% of his passes for a 12.2 yard average and threw a TD, also was adding 3.3 yards per rush with another touchdown. Yeah he had some bad plays but if you look at driskel, he completed about 40% of his passes with a 2.6 average, no scores and he was rushing for a whopping -5.8 yards a carry!

By no means was treon's individual performance groundbreaking. But compared to driskel he looked like Steve young.

You always lambaste people for not knowing football but your take on this really proves you don't know crap.

Also to everyone else, mizzous offense did almost nothing. This game was a downward spiral due to coaching and a lack of good QB play throughout. Like I have been saying, the gators were and still are a good QB away from sec prominence. (Once a new coach is out into place) they're certainly not getting there with muschamp.

The fact that driskel even sets foot on the field is a travesty.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

#FreeGrier

Some coaches can mold their playbook to the talents of their players.  Other coaches need the exact type of players to fit what they want to do.  Muschamp is the latter.

Quote:Some coaches can mold their playbook to the talents of their players.  Other coaches need the exact type of players to fit what they want to do.  Muschamp is the latter.

muschamp is awful as a head coach, in every fashion.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Treon harris came in, not even a way conducive to give the QB good confidence or good rhythm and completed 67% of his passes for a 12.2 yard average and threw a TD, also was adding 3.3 yards per rush with another touchdown. Yeah he had some bad plays but if you look at driskel, he completed about 40% of his passes with a 2.6 average, no scores and he was rushing for a whopping -5.8 yards a carry!

Well Harris did all his damage late in the game after Mizzou jumped up 42-0.  Harris got two drives in the first half when Mizzou was still trying and he went 1-2 for 1 yard passing with a sack/fumble inside his own 20.

The reason Driskel had -5.8 yards per carry is because sacks are counted as rushing yardage.  Which is an indictment on Muschamp.  A QB like Driskel should NEVER have negative rushing yards in a game.  never.  Was there even one designed running play for him this game?  Driskel isnt very good passing the ball.  But he is big and fast and can run well.  Yet they never run him.  If Driskel is your QB, you need to implement an offense that relies on a running QB.  Whether that be QB draws.  or options.  or bootlegs.  Give him the Vince Young offense... you get one read, if the WR isnt wide open, just start running.  You watch their games and it's just preposterous what they ask him.  

As I said in the post above, Muschamp needs specific types of players to run the specific type of offense he wants to do.  If he doesnt have those specific players, he isnt capable of adjusting to what his players do well.  It's just flatout bad coaching.  The other indictment is that he has been there long enough that he should have been able to recruit the type of players that would fit what he wants to do.  But he hasnt done that either.  They are getting worse.  

Quote:Well Harris did all his damage late in the game after Mizzou jumped up 42-0.  Harris got two drives in the first half when Mizzou was still trying and he went 1-2 for 1 yard passing with a sack/fumble inside his own 20.

The reason Driskel had -5.8 yards per carry is because sacks are counted as rushing yardage.  Which is an indictment on Muschamp.  A QB like Driskel should NEVER have negative rushing yards in a game.  never.  Was there even one designed running play for him this game?  Driskel isnt very good passing the ball.  But he is big and fast and can run well.  Yet they never run him.  If Driskel is your QB, you need to implement an offense that relies on a running QB.  Whether that be QB draws.  or options.  or bootlegs.  Give him the Vince Young offense... you get one read, if the WR isnt wide open, just start running.  You watch their games and it's just preposterous what they ask him.  

As I said in the post above, Muschamp needs specific types of players to run the specific type of offense he wants to do.  If he doesnt have those specific players, he isnt capable of adjusting to what his players do well.  It's just flatout bad coaching.  The other indictment is that he has been there long enough that he should have been able to recruit the type of players that would fit what he wants to do.  But he hasnt done that either.  They are getting worse.  

i know treon did most of the damage after they were up but i beleive driskel wouldnt have been able to do that.

hopefully he gets the start vs georgia and plays the whole game.

Yes, and it has nothing to do with their record.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato