Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade Deadline quickly approaching

If we can't get a pick as high as a 3rd rounder (or top of the round 4th rounder) then theres no reason to trade Shorts. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:what would they be giving us in return?

Considering we are unlikely to re-sign Shorts with Lee, Robinson, and Hurns in the mix, anything would be nice. The Giants seem desperate thought so we might be able to get some value for him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think Shorts is more valuable to the team right now than he is in any likely trade. He had 16 targets and over 100 yards vs the tacks.

Same for Poz, if we trade him who are we trotting out? Laroy Reynolds, Geno Hayes and Telvin Smith? We'd get eaten alive (even more).

Quote:Considering we are unlikely to re-sign Shorts with Lee, Robinson, and Hurns in the mix, anything would be nice. The Giants seem desperate thought so we might be able to get some value for him.

Shorts is probably more valuable to the Jags (Bortles) the rest of the year, to where I wouldn't deal him without getting at worst a very high 4th rounder for him. 

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014, 02:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think Shorts is more valuable to the team right now than he is in any likely trade. He had 16 targets and over 100 yards vs the tacks.

Same for Poz, if we trade him who are we trotting out? Laroy Reynolds, Geno Hayes and Telvin Smith? We'd get eaten alive (even more).

For Shorts I agree, for Poz?....disagree. It doesn't even matter at this point. The entire LB corps is a mess and thats even with Poz. So if someone wants to give us a 4th or 5th for Poz, sign me up to drive him to the airport. 

I'd believe it (in regards to his value).  Given Lee's injuries and missing time, Hurns huge inconsistency, and Sanders being gone so long.  Save for Robinson, Shorts seems to be the only receiver Bortles seems confident in going to on numerous occasions.

Quote:Shorts is probably more valuable to the Jags (Bortles) the rest of the year, to where I wouldn't deal him without getting at worst a very high 4th rounder for him. 

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:For Shorts I agree, for Poz?....disagree. It doesn't even matter at this point. The entire LB corps is a mess and thats even with Poz. So if someone wants to give us a 4th or 5th for Poz, sign me up to drive him to the airport.

I wouldn't throw a fit if it happened, I think it's much more likely he just plays out the year here though. For a defense that has issues with assignments, I think it would be greatly compounded without Poz. Either way I don't see him as a Jag next year.

On Shorts, I agree with your other post... He's become too important to Bortles developement to only get a late round pick, and I think that's all he can garner at this point.

Quote: 

On Shorts, I agree with your other post... He's become too important to Bortles developement to only get a late round pick, and I think that's all he can garner at this point.

Don't get me wrong....if the Giants are desperate considering their WR situation and agree to give us a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder in exchange for Cecil, I am still making that deal. At that point it would be worthwhile to the Jags to do it. 

But not for anything less. 

Quote:Don't get me wrong....if the Giants are desperate considering their WR situation and agree to give us a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder in exchange for Cecil, I am still making that deal. At that point it would be worthwhile to the Jags to do it. 

But not for anything less.

2nd rounder I'm in, 3rd rounder would be borderline without knowing the depth of the upcoming draft, which I don't at this point.

Eugene Monroe, a quality left tackle garnered only 4th and 5th rounders. Needless to say, this team has very few players with trade value.

Quote:Eugene Monroe, a quality left tackle garnered only 4th and 5th rounders. Needless to say, this team has very few players with trade value.

Well, Bortles probably has some trade value, but I really hope we don't trade him.  Though I know some idiots would want to.  Especially one idiot poster who is no longer on this board.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Well, Bortles probably has some trade value, but I really hope we don't trade him.  Though I know some idiots would want to.  Especially one idiot poster who is no longer on this board.

You don't trade potential franchise QB away unless you already have one (and a better one). Few are ever in this position anyway. 

If they do it, go o-line
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I still say go get Arthur Brown from the Ravens.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014, 03:50 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:If they do it, go o-line

The Jags could have an OL of Jason Peters, Nate Newton, Dermotti Dawson, Hutchinson, and Johnathan Ogden all in their prime and under this scheme with these OL coaches they'd likely struggle as a group. 

I have much less issue with the personnel we have than the current system/ OL coaches/ OC. 

I'd trade Henne.  Great footwork, leadership, and locker room presence. What team is not going to want that !!

Quote:I'd trade Henne.  Great footwork, leadership, and locker room presence. What team is not going to want that !!

He's not making much and is still overpaid, lol. 

Quote:I still say go get Arthur Brown from the Ravens.

Is there any reason why he isn't getting any play time in Baltimore?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Shorts for Richburgh Giants C/G

Quote:The Jags could have an OL of Jason Peters, Nate Newton, Dermotti Dawson, Hutchinson, and Johnathan Ogden all in their prime and under this scheme with these OL coaches they'd likely struggle as a group.

I have much less issue with the personnel we have than the current system/ OL coaches/ OC.

Ah ok. So its the coach's fault that the majority of the o-line wears panties.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]