Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ideas for new home boards.

Quote:There is plenty of off the shelf message board software out there. How expensive can it be?
I just started a website for cancer patients. A 3 year package ran me right around 300 bucks through godaddy. I needed a lot of extra bells and whistles though.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That makes 2 of us.

PS: Tim, I don't care what anyone else thought of you, I think you were/are the best Mod/Admin on the board. I'll especially miss your camp reports. Plus, you kept the other Admin morons in check behind the scenes. I'm glad I got a sneak peak at the forum before the board goes boom!

FBT and I hardly agree. But I agree want zero to do with BCC. Love BCB not BCC
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I have a really cool word press theme for radio. And allows so much. I just updated for my newer site. But the older theme I can use elsewhere. And buy a new domain for cheap.

Ill start working on it soon. Seams like could be a really cool new project.

#Gojags

Just a thought. Tony Khan is very active on Twitter and has the ear of a pretty big decision maker.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017, 08:32 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:Just a thought. Tony Khan is very active on Twitter and has the ear of a pretty big decision maker.

I don't think he will want to get involved with the work involved.

#Gojags

Everyone needs to tell him on there how much we want the board!!

They won't care. It is an illusion to think corporations care about things said over internet. They don't.

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017, 08:52 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:A new host wouldn't necessarily be required. It might be best if there was a way to separate this board from the team site and run it independently using the current host. It might mean there is a sponsor or advertising to keep it going, but you've got a built in base of registered users who have years of involvement in the community already.
Any idea what the cost would be out the gate to gain access to this forum? Cause it is pretty easy to reroute a bunch of domains to this one. To build up hits and visibility.

And who would one speak too. Because I would imagine it won't be for free.

#Gojags

I'm on Reddit.

/r/Jaguars isn't a bad place, though it's not a true forum to discuss things at length like a message board.

I don't do Reddit.. That's like drinking Check cola.. Need to find a way to keep The Coke flowin..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Has anyone heard from Dragonfury lately? I would like to hear his input.

You know what would be cool? If we could migrate the contents of this board to a new location. Is that even possible? Or permissible?

Quote:You know what would be cool? If we could migrate the contents of this board to a new location. Is that even possible? Or permissible?

You would have to use the same message board software to migrate it. Curious who the actual host of this board is. That would likely be the company to contact about moving the data.

We have 13 days to find a new home. I think we have enough people still here (that didn't get purged) to be able to migrate and still have healthy numbers.

Quote:We have 13 days to find a new home. I think we have enough people still here (that didn't get purged) to be able to migrate and still have healthy numbers.

I'm sure the folks who were purged would return to a new board, especially if the powers that be allowed a redirect link at this location for a period of time after June 1st.

well add me to the team of willing and able people to build a new one worst case scenario.  I'm semi familiar with forums and wordpress and hosting wouldn't cost too much.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I'm sure the folks who were purged would return to a new board, especially if the powers that be allowed a redirect link at this location for a period of time after June 1st.

That would be ideal. I'd hate to migrate to another board that is all team incompasing (like footballsfuture), which would take away the community feel here. You wouldn't be able to go to the OffTooic board in a site like that and talk about half the stuff we do because we would be sharing it with 31 other teams' posters.

What about funding? Do we need to set up a GoFundMe account to a trustee? I'll donate $1.39. (sigh) Okaaay, an even $1.50. That should be enough, right?

Quote:What about funding? Do we need to set up a GoFundMe account to a trustee? I'll donate $1.39. (sigh) Okaaay, an even $1.50. That should be enough, right?

depending on how many members we could get to move and how much content we were putting out I don't think it would really cost a whole lot until we got a head of steam going.  

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I'd like to be kept in the loop on where everyone ends up. Being from Kansas, this is really the only place I get to descuss the Jags.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]