Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conditioning Training

Quote:Have to admit though, it seems we have a ton of hamstring injuries. I don't know if it is more then normal, but the fact that we have gone through so many strength and conditioning coaches it makes you think the front office thinks they aren't doing a good job.

Tom Myslinski has been here a year longer than the GM and Head Coach.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There's no magic trick to not get injured.  Over a period of time, all teams have injuries despite their best practices that are performed with diet/conditioning/training.  It is the NFL and it is going to happen.  

It's not the best in most cases.  

The NFL strength and conditioning circles have been stubborn to evolve because they don't value the position.  Revolving door...  

Quote:It's not the best in most cases.  

The NFL strength and conditioning circles have been stubborn to evolve because they don't value the position.  Revolving door...  

That, and it seems to be an "entry level" position towards becoming a position coach which really doesn't make a lot of sense. While the S & C coach does need to know what the physical demands of any given position are, he needs to focus on how to increase the strength and health of the players. Just seems like that position is an outlier from the rest of the staff in that it should not be football-centric, for want of a better term.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Exactly!

Quote:Tom Myslinski has been here a year longer than the GM and Head Coach.

I just remember we had a stretch where it seemed a new strength and conditioning coach was hired and fire, it seemed, every one or two years. Then again I'm going from memory so I could be totally wrong.

Quote:I just remember we had a stretch where it seemed a new strength and conditioning coach was hired and fire, it seemed, every one or two years. Then again I'm going from memory so I could be totally wrong.

All I know is that there have been a lot of injuries since I've known the jags. Its like players are ok before they get here and after they are here but not when they are here. Its weird. Take Justin Forsett for instance.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:All I know is that there have been a lot of injuries since I've known the jags. Its like players are ok before they get here and after they are here but not when they are here. Its weird. Take Justin Forsett for instance.
The Jags haven't had any more significant injuries than any other team in the league. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Only idiots say stuff like that.

He was being sarcastic.

Quote:All I know is that there have been a lot of injuries since I've known the jags. Its like players are ok before they get here and after they are here but not when they are here. Its weird. Take Justin Forsett for instance.

Perception is not reality. As a Jaguar fans, you are just more aware of the injuries on this team.

Quote:The Jags haven't had any more significant injuries than any other team in the league. 

Maybe because its "our" home team and we hear every single injury more than the rest of the league. I could be embellishing. Its just my observation.

#iamlegend

Quote:Maybe because its "our" home team and we hear every single injury more than the rest of the league. I could be embellishing. Its just my observation.
That has a lot to do with it.  We hear about every nagging injury for the Jaguars.  Unless you're scouring the wire for the injury reports for all 32 teams, you wouldn't be as in tune with what's happening elsewhere because the locals would only focus on the bigger name  players who are injured on other rosters. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I got injured as a fan last Sunday.

Quote:I got injured as a fan last Sunday.
Ceiling, oscillating, box, shop, or other?

Cardiovascular fracturing
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I got injured as a fan last Sunday.

Those beers start to get heavy after the fourth one.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I just remember we had a stretch where it seemed a new strength and conditioning coach was hired and fire, it seemed, every one or two years. Then again I'm going from memory so I could be totally wrong.

I remember it too... but that was Del Rio's staff I think. We had the MMA guy that emphasized all the stretching haha.

Quote:Perception is not reality. As a Jaguar fans, you are just more aware of the injuries on this team.

And I just posted the same thing after you did.

#iamlegend

Quote:Perception is not reality. As a Jaguar fans, you are just more aware of the injuries on this team.

That was exactly my point earlier. People don't pay attention to other teams, so they are not aware of any player's medical history before he comes to Jacksonville.

You guys need to read all of the news articles about players being day to day, questionable, doubtful, or out because of injuries. Some of you may also want to read all 32 injury reports.

Quote:That was exactly my point earlier. People don't pay attention to other teams, so they are not aware of any player's medical history before he comes to Jacksonville.

You guys need to read all of the news articles about players being day to day, questionable, doubtful, or out because of injuries. Some of you may also want to read all 32 injury reports.

I wonder if Matt Jones is available?

#iamlegend

Quote:I wonder if Matt Jones is available?

Why do you ask? That has nothing to do with anything I said.