Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jags want Henne to be more explosive minded per the FTU

Quote:If Henne doesn't do this, and continues to be conservative, does it pave the path to the Blake Bortles era?
I think if Henne does it and is unsuccessful, like we think he will be, then that probably leads the way for Bortles. If he's less accurate in throws over 20 yards, and IF it leads to more interceptions, that will only help in making the decision to start Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They want him to be Bortles?  There's a simple solution here.
Fareal.

Quote:If Henne doesn't do this, and continues to be conservative, does it pave the path to the Blake Bortles era?
If he bombs in Wash...BB5 will be in Week 3 like Ive predicted all along.

Quote:I expect Blake to start sooner than later, we have a solid defense and playmakers at WR, we play in the worst division in football, play the guy that gives you the best chance to win. The Jags have a chance to win this the division, play the guy that gives you the best chance to win.

We'll see. I would rather have Bortes starting but would be surprised if he starts before week 5.

Quote:I think if Henne does it and is unsuccessful, like we think he will be, then that probably leads the way for Bortles. If he's less accurate in throws over 20 yards, and IF it leads to more interceptions, that will only help in making the decision to start Bortles.

Quote:Fareal.

If he bombs in Wash...BB5 will be in Week 3 like Ive predicted all along.

I really can't believe that anything Henne does will have an impact on when Bortles is brought in.

If Gus and Dave were really stupid enough to think Henne would play anything close to winning football then I've misjudged them.

Henne is terrible, all of their talk supporting him is empty, and it's clear what they're doing is dependent on when they think the right time is for Bortles to go in, not when they think the right time is for Henne to come out.

Quote:I really can't believe that anything Henne does will have an impact on when Bortles is brought in.

If Gus and Dave were really stupid enough to think Henne would play anything close to winning football then I've misjudged them.

Henne is terrible, all of their talk supporting him is empty, and it's clear what they're doing is dependent on when they think the right time is for Bortles to go in, not when they think the right time is for Henne to come out.
Yea I feel ya. Bortles in the home opener would be perfect IMO tho.

Quote:I really can't believe that anything Henne does will have an impact on when Bortles is brought in.

So if Henne plays lights out then you think they'd still pull him as soon as Bortles is ready? I think part of it does have to do with how Henne performs. But that's just my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 11:44 AM by JaguarsAreBeasting.)

Explosive, like against the Texans when Henne and Blackmon displayed one of the deadliest combos for one game.

You think opposing teams coaches are telling their players to make sure they don't hit Henne too hard? Just to make sure he doesn't get hurt and bring in the better QB? 

I'm sure they aren't but I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Quote:So if Henne plays lights out then you think they'd still pull him as soon as Bortles is ready? I think part of it does have to do with how Henne performs. But that's just my opinion.

Henne could go 20/20 for 400 yards, 5 TD's and it still wouldn't affect when they put Bortles in.  Why would it?  Henne isn't our future.  There's no reason to sit Bortles once he's ready.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:So if Henne plays lights out

I wouldn't worry about that.

I'd bet the only time Henne is explosive is on the toilet, or maybe in bed with Mrs. Henne but he cant last all 4 quarters.

No one is safe.

Quote:I'd bet the only time Henne is explosive is on the toilet, or maybe in bed with Mrs. Henne but he cant last all 4 quarters.
LOL!!!!

Quote:So if Henne plays lights out then you think they'd still pull him as soon as Bortles is ready? I think part of it does have to do with how Henne performs. But that's just my opinion.

Yes, I think they would, because I don't think they're stupid enough to be fooled by Henne having an unusually good game or a few unusually good games.

Bortles is already the better QB than Henne in game action. I'm not sure what they think they have to gain keeping him out, but it's clear they think there is something that he will gain from it.

Any performance Henne can have in a game, Bortles would be able to beat it.

If the team could carry Henne to 400 yards and 5 TDs Bortles in the same game would get to 600 yards and 7 TDs.

When the line starts to show some minor semblance of solid run-blocking and shows up a little better in pass protection  --  and the receivers aren't causing the QB to call time-out to align them  --  we'll see Bortles. 

Until then it won't hurt to have Henne try for three or four more downfield throws per game. 

Quote:I wouldn't worry about that.
Haha

Quote:Yes, I think they would, because I don't think they're stupid enough to be fooled by Henne having an unusually good game or a few unusually good games.

Bortles is already the better QB than Henne in game action. I'm not sure what they think they have to gain keeping him out, but it's clear they think there is something that he will gain from it.

Any performance Henne can have in a game, Bortles would be able to beat it.

If the team could carry Henne to 400 yards and 5 TDs Bortles in the same game would get to 600 yards and 7 TDs.
Don't get me wrong, I also think Bortles is already the better QB. I just think in part it does have to do with Henne's performance.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 12:19 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

What if Henne turns it around and starts playing lights out and wins 15 in a row and they name him the starter next year and he goes 11-5, then they are forced to name him the starter for 2016 and he just keeps winning. What if he starts shattering QB records? Does Blake still sit?

Quote:What if Henne turns it around and starts playing lights out and wins 15 in a row and they name him the starter next year and he goes 11-5, then they are forced to name him the starter for 2016 and he just keeps winning. What if he starts shattering QB records? Does Blake still sit?

No, the Jaguars trade Henne to the colts for their first second and third round picks for the next 3 seasons.

Grigson just can't pass up a deal.

Quote:No, the Jaguars trade Henne to the colts for their first second and third round picks for the next 3 seasons.

Grigson just can't pass up a deal.

What if they switch him to playing lefty and he turns into the next Peyton Manning? Do we blame the coaching staff for not realizing he has been the worst starting QB in the NFL for all of these years simply because he was throwing with the wrong arm?

We could have let Henne go and signed Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's more explosive than Henne and a better tutor for Bortles.