Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart is not an NFL caliber RB

After that tackle by Fletcher Cox, I was shocked Gerhart was able to come back in.

It's really hard to gage Gerhart on that game. Offensive line played poorly, the Eagles were loading the box, and Gerhart was playing on a sprained ankle. This Franchise Was Spoiled By MJD and Freddy T. Let's just wait and see, because Gerhart is the only RB on the roster that can catch, run, and pass protect.
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:About three quarters of the threads started on this forum (including this one) are started by posters who are not pro caliber.

And have IQ's under 75

;

;

Quote:You guys will make excuses for anything. you'll see what I'm saying when we're 8 games in and the dude still hasnt had a game with over 60 yards
O-line terrible, getting hit before he gets to the line of scrimmage multiple times, most plays no hole to get him pass the stack monsters. With a good ankle no back can run under those conditions. We are making excuses and you are using this game to evaluate Toby.
Brilliant!

I'd say 30% of his runs, he was blown up in the backfield right after he got the ball. That's not his fault.

And I was shocked he came back in after that play where he was injured too.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:He is better then what we had

MJD 9 carries for 11 yards behind a much better line. SMH

And 1 of those carries was the very rare rush/fumble/punt for a loss of yardage.

It was a very entertaining play if you were the opponent and its fans.

It probably made the SC not top ten.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I know that I made a thread similar to this a few weeks ago, but now my opinion has changed. I was giving Gerhart the benefit of the doubt, seeing as if I had never seen him start a game in the NFL. But now I think we can all agree that the dude is slow and ineffective. I understand that our line is trash (it has been for the past 6 years) And that he supposedly his ankle was hurt. But if you're given the title of a starting RB in the NFL, and getting paid the money you are, then you are expected to rise above excuses and mediocre performance, and make a damn play. His numbers were pathetic.Since our inception as a franchise we have had some of the best RBs the league has seen in recent memory . And for this franchise to just pay some unproven backup and magically make him our guy baffles me. Put Denard and Todman in, at least they're not overpaid bums

I disagree it was only one game, and he did have two rushes that were decent one for 9 yards and another for 11.  The guy was injured as well, I think he deserves another chance to prove himself in this game against the Redskins....

if he does a dismal 2 something yards per run avg again... then its time to be very concerned...

I think some of you posters need to give TG more games to see what he can do.

Hopefully the o-line will play better and then we can get a better idea of what TG brings to the Jags.

My biggest concern is that his strength seems more like a fullback, to be used in short yardage and goal line situations than as an every down back, but I think we should give him more games back there before we start to say he is not an NFL caliber RB.

So going by your logic

MJD Sunday 1.2 yds per carry

Gerhart Sunday 2.3 yds per carry

So we still upgraded

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I think some of you posters need to give TG more games to see what he can do.

Hopefully the o-line will play better and then we can get a better idea of what TG brings to the Jags.

[Image: TONDq.gif]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

While Gerhart was pretty unimpressive last week, it was one game.  Let's see how he looks by week 4...  Alot will do with how the coaches utilize him and how will the O-line continues to improve.

But I think it may be a bit early for us to give up on him.  As NYCJags says, Denard Robinson should get more touches.  I think using a 2 back system with Gerhart up the middle and D-Rob for his speed is a nice combo.

The way Detriot uses their 2 backs should be someething we hopefully move towards.  They have Bush for his quickness, then they got this other back (can't remember his name) to pound the ball up the middle.  I think we could have something like that with our guys.  

And also, in defense of Gerhart, he did have a couple good bruising runs on Sunday.  Not as many as we'd like, of course.  And in 3rd and short, we were ineffective.  But still, it's early in the season AND we have instability at O-Line.  There's alot that has to get better.  

Let's give Gerhart a few more looks before we look for the highest place to jump from.

Quote:[Image: TONDq.gif]

Well played, good man.

Quote:[Image: TONDq.gif]

lol, Good one

Me not like. Him slow. Him need to be fast.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:He is better then what we had

MJD 9 carries for 11 yards behind a much better line. SMH

Remember this post.  MJD has  breakout game in week 2, while Gerhart stats are typical #'s of a FB.

Quote:Remember this post.  MJD has  breakout game in week 2, while Gerhart stats are typical #'s of a FB.

[Image: aaab8_ORIG-obvious_troll.jpg]

Why not give Storm Johnson a chance too....

Quote:Why not give Storm Johnson a chance too....

He's been hurt

Quote:I know that I made a thread similar to this a few weeks ago, but now my opinion has changed. I was giving Gerhart the benefit of the doubt, seeing as if I had never seen him start a game in the NFL. But now I think we can all agree that the dude is slow and ineffective. I understand that our line is trash (it has been for the past 6 years) And that he supposedly his ankle was hurt. But if you're given the title of a starting RB in the NFL, and getting paid the money you are, then you are expected to rise above excuses and mediocre performance, and make a damn play. His numbers were pathetic.Since our inception as a franchise we have had some of the best RBs the league has seen in recent memory . And for this franchise to just pay some unproven backup and magically make him our guy baffles me. Put Denard and Todman in, at least they're not overpaid bums

Yeah!!!!

After all, it's been a whole game!!!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Typical herp,slow, derp gerhert ,slurp caliber, purp. nurple. Hey mom, watch me post and hey Grandma, bring me another grape soda will ya.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Very premature of you, OP.

No one is safe.