Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What makes Chad Henne so terrible?

Quote:What makes Chad Henne so terrible?

Practice.  Lots of practice.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not Bortles.

Seriously though the guy is a solid backup. Just not a quality starter.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

he [BLEEP] sucks, only hoyer sucks more

What doesnt make Chad Henner so terrible? Did you watch the preseason games where they inserted Blake Bortles and the offense literally took off whether it was against 1st, 2nd, 3rd string defense? 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

He is a tease. Will show you just enough to get your hopes up, then will go three and out for six series in a row. He is Lucy Van Pelt holding the football for Charlie Brown promising not to pull it away at the last minute. But he falls short almost always. And when he actually pieces a decent game together, he is unable to maintain it week after week. He has a definite ceiling, and experienced as he is, we have seen his best already. All these posters who anticipated 25 TDs and 3800 yards for him in the offseason as a realistic goal for him just because he had another year in the system were just kidding themselves.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:It's all in the left hand angle.  It's getting better lately. Up to about 60 degrees. It was steady around 40 or 45 degrees for a couple years. Anyone can tell you that's gonna screw up his accuracy.  If he can get a little closer to 90 degrees with that left hand - we're good to go. 

[Image: Henne.jpg]

That and his injury first attitude. 

This is the type of expert analysis I come to the Jungle for.  NYCJags, you always deliver.  +1 to you sir

Quote:Lets see how many reasons we can think of.

- Always checks down

- Cannot sense pressure

- Doesn't know how to throw the ball away

It's just a rumor but it was reported that its because he wipes from back to front.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

It almost feels like Henne is that last reminder of how horrible the last 6 years have been. It's one last whiff of that crap sandwich.

I don't think he excels at reading his progressions hence all the check downs. His accuracy on the run and inconsistency in the pocket.

I think he will be better this year though. Career year which isnt saying much.

Henne is a poor starting QB that looked decent in comparison to an even worse Gabbert.   

Quote:It's just a rumor but it was reported that its because he wipes from back to front.

That's quite an imagination you have there.

To answer the OP. He's garbage
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Wonderful team mate, true professional, dedicated hard worker.......Just simply not a starting caliber QB. Anything average or above will be the exception, not the norm and we all know that.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Wonderful team mate, true professional, dedicated hard worker.......Just simply not a starting caliber QB. Anything average or above will be the exception, not the norm and we all know that.

He just can't put it together consistently. Doesn't make him terrible and honestly from everything I've read, he's really been great to learn from and instrumental in bringing bortles along.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

He's the starter.........the backup is always the most popular player on the team...........until he becomes the starter.

The Offense doesnt seem fluent when he's leading the charge

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 10:59 AM by Kotite.)

That would be a great statement if it was true. (Re: backup)
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:That would be a great statement if it was true. (Re: backup)

I've had my expectations raised for 20 years. I'm waiting until I see results before I buy the confetti for the parade down Bay Street.

Quote:He's not terrible, he's just not a franchise QB. Id rather have Henne as a backup than almost any other backup in the league.

This.

He obviously doesn't have a football name.

Henne?...what the hell?