Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Black Panthers

Quote:The black panthers agenda is the same as the KKK.

Pretty much, and both organizations are reprehensible. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Keep in mind just because the organization is racist by definition doesn't mean it served no purpose at some point and time. There was a time when the NAACP was needed, Blacks undeniable faced sever hostile racism in parts of our country for a long time, I think it's sad some of the very organizations formed to fight hostile racism now project it today.

The thing here is that in 2014, we're talking about the NEW Black Panther Party, and their intentions are not in line with what the original Black Panthers stood for.  Just listen to the rhetoric from 40-50 years ago compared to today. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The thing here is that in 2014, we're talking about the NEW Black Panther Party, and their intentions are not in line with what the original Black Panthers stood for.  Just listen to the rhetoric from 40-50 years ago compared to today.

The Black Panther party has always been a militant racial movement, I don't er see a place for militant racial groups. There's a place for racial organizations that look to advance their communities but not the racial militant groups. NAACP at one point served a real purpose, today they seek to divide and conquer. Some organizations remain true to their origins and advance their communities without the divide and conquer or militant movements, the Italian American Club comes to mind. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Given the history of slavery, oppression and institutional discrimination endured by African-Americans in this country, from before it was even a country until the 1970s, I find it remarkable that a militant, armed organization did not form decades before The Black Panther Party.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:yes I'd consider it a racist organization by definition.

The NAACP should change it's name to something that defines it as an organization that only supports Liberal Blacks.   They won't even give a Conservative Black person like Deneen Borelli the time of day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TSuOoxUv0

Quote:The NAACP should change it's name to something that defines it as an organization that only supports Liberal Blacks. They won't even give a Conservative Black person like Deneen Borelli the time of day:

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TSuOoxUv0'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50TSuOoxUv0</a>

That's an excellent point can we really consider them a racial based organization if they don't even acknowledge all blacks?

Quote:That's an excellent point can we really consider them a racial based organization if they don't even acknowledge all blacks?

Even forgetting everything else what this organization stands for,  I definitely think they are a racist organization because of their treatment of Conservative Blacks.   They probably treat them worse than any other group of people,  which is saying something.

Funny story...  I had a run in with the panthers once when we were visiting NYC with some family.  We agreed to split the group and all the guys went to an Irish pub while the women shopped and we would meet at a certain street corner at 7:00 PM.  When we got back to the corner a little before 7, a group of panthers had set up shop on that very corner to preach hate.  We go called white devils and child molester's for about a half hour while waiting for the rest of the group.

True story ahh New York!

Quote:Funny story...  I had a run in with the panthers once when we were visiting NYC with some family.  We agreed to split the group and all the guys went to an Irish pub while the women shopped and we would meet at a certain street corner at 7:00 PM.  When we got back to the corner a little before 7, a group of panthers had set up shop on that very corner to preach hate.  We go called white devils and child molester's for about a half hour while waiting for the rest of the group.

True story ahh New York!

Thanks for sharing this.   It's nothing surprising in the least.    The hate and attempted intimidation that comes from the Black Panthers is something that I hope would be condemned by people of all races.  

"I'm sorry I spoiled your Black Panther party." ~ Gump
Only a chump boos the home team!

So being everyone across the board agrees black painters and the klan are one in the same, it's safe to assume the black panthers at voting precincts in Philly wasn't the same as pollsters everywhere else?

That was the subject of the original discussion oklahomie saying the black panthers in Philly was no different than any other pollster

I wouldn't necessarily lump them in with the KKK. Do the Black Panthers kidnap white people in the middle of the night and kill them? Do the Black Panthers lynch white people? Do the Black Panthers terrorize white people by burning things on their property or throwing bricks or molotov cocktails through white people's windows? They are militant and reactionary to those who continue to target them or try to prevent them from advancing in social and business standing. Are they squeaky clean? No. But the KKK used terrorism and secrecy as their tools. The Black Panthers wear it on their sleeves in plain sight.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:So being everyone across the board agrees black painters and the klan are one in the same, it's safe to assume the black panthers at voting precincts in Philly wasn't the same as pollsters everywhere else?

That was the subject of the original discussion oklahomie saying the black panthers in Philly was no different than any other pollster

As far as I know, it happened at one voting precinct in the entire country.  Two guys, and all they did was stand there for a while.  They didn't actually do anything except provide a photo opportunity for conservative fundraisers.  

In fact, next election, I would advise the Koch brothers to hire a few black guys to dress up as black panthers and stand at a few voting sites.   They'll pull in millions of dollars in contributions from all the scared little sheeple. 

Quote:Funny story...  I had a run in with the panthers once when we were visiting NYC with some family.  We agreed to split the group and all the guys went to an Irish pub while the women shopped and we would meet at a certain street corner at 7:00 PM.  When we got back to the corner a little before 7, a group of panthers had set up shop on that very corner to preach hate.  We go called white devils and child molester's for about a half hour while waiting for the rest of the group.

True story ahh New York!

That's what I love about New York.  It's got EVERYTHING. 

I'm confused. The word Negro isn't cool. Black is being fazed out. Colored is frowned upon. But what does the C stand for in NAACP?

I just don't want to offend anyone. I can't help the super sensitive ones with agendas. Just the ones who call themselves Americans.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:yes I'd consider it a racist organization by definition.

You confuse racist with racial. I'd say the BPs are racist, while the NAACP is simply a group attempting to advance opportunities for a group of people limited to race.

Nothing wrong with that, given that they aren't doing it as a means of trampling some other group in the process.

A nazi group, of course, would be a racist group, in that their agenda is ultimately to eliminate certain groups.

Quote:The thing here is that in 2014, we're talking about the NEW Black Panther Party, and their intentions are not in line with what the original Black Panthers stood for.  Just listen to the rhetoric from 40-50 years ago compared to today.

The rebranding by adding "new" rarely works to distinguish one from the prior's beliefs or agendas.

Quote:You confuse racist with racial. I'd say the BPs are racist, while the NAACP is simply a group attempting to advance opportunities for a group of people limited to race.

Nothing wrong with that, given that they aren't doing it as a means of trampling some other group in the process.

A nazi group, of course, would be a racist group, in that their agenda is ultimately to eliminate certain groups.

As D6 pointed out the NAACP isn't trying to advance blacks across the board just the individuals that subscribe to their political affiliation.

That point aside let's go back an say their universally for advancing the entire black community. That's fine and there's a place for it, one could argue even a need for it, but it's still racial based behavior which is racist by definition.

Racism is a dirty word today but the reality is racism is just the natural acting our of different social groups looking to advance their position. It's when those groups seek to harm others they cross the line such as the klan the panthers and la raza.

Quote:You confuse racist with racial. I'd say the BPs are racist, while the NAACP is simply a group attempting to advance opportunities for a group of people limited to race.

Here's a question that comes to mind.   If there was an organization that only advocated for White people, that had a certain political affiliation,  that had a similar approach to what you believe the NAACP's approach is,   how do you think this organization for White people would be viewed? 

Just to set the record straight,  I would be totally against any group that just advocates for a certain group just based on skin color/ race.   

Quote:Here's a question that comes to mind.   If there was an organization that only advocated for White people, that had a certain political affiliation,  that had a similar approach to what you believe the NAACP's approach is,   how do you think this organization for White people would be viewed? 

Just to set the record straight,  I would be totally against any group that just advocates for a certain group just based on skin color/ race.   

I don't like it and I certainly wouldn't participate in any group advocating advancement of just one race/color but I understand why they exist and don't view them all as negatives. For example there's often Hispanic clubs here in Florida, I know plenty of people that are Hispanic and go these events where they talk about strictly the Spanish community and how to advance their community.