Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does Bortles throw ducks?

I'm going to say this, and half of me is being serious, while the other half is being a bit sarcastic.

I realize the plan is to let him sit. But they drafted a guy at number 3 to throw the football. And he can't throw the football very well (yet). Even in his college games, it was evident that he had a lot of flaws mechanically. There's a lot of work to be done in that regard. A lot of risk at number 3. With that being said, I guess I would prefer that to a guy who has no feel for the pass rush. Still wish we had found a way to snag Teddy, but I'm hoping Bortles pans out. He certainly couldn't be in a better situation to succeed. The organization has never been as stable as it is now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You people making a big deal about this duck passes issue are clowns. 

As long as the passes are accurate, it doesn't matter much. 

Quote:I was at the practices. During warmups I've seen him throw perfect spirals. During practice situations, where he has his footwork to think about, seems like they wobble more.

So I think it's most likely a footwork issue.

Foot work has nothing to do with throwing a spiral.

Chad Henne throws pretty good spirals. Would anyone rather have him as our future?

Well if he is throwing ducks they well-trained because they end up in pretty good spots for the receivers.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Chad Henne throws pretty good spirals. Would anyone rather have him as our future?
This lol. I was at practice I maybe saw 2 ''ducks'' that we're still on target. The pass to Kerry Taylor down the sideline where he look off the safety first was what I care about. When was the last time a jag QB looked off a safety first lol?

Quote:You people making a big deal about this duck passes issue are clowns. 

As long as the passes are accurate, it doesn't matter much. 
It will matter if he is playing windy conditions.

Quote:This lol. I was at practice I maybe saw 2 ''ducks'' that we're still on target. The pass to Kerry Taylor down the sideline where he look off the safety first was what I care about. When was the last time a jag QB looked off a safety first lol?

Do you really have to ask that question? The player that Bortles is trying to replace did this enough. He just didn't have Blake's pocket presence.

Ducks? Nah, I think he is throwing a football in the NFL.

Quote:Do you really have to ask that question? The player that Bortles is trying to replace did this enough. He just didn't have Blake's pocket presence.
Lol ok

Everyone wants the vintage Joe Montana long arcing picture-perfect spiral. Either way a TD is worth 6 points.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:It will matter if he is playing windy conditions.

This one guy named Peyton Manning throws ducks too.

Peyton does struggle in windy conditions. However most quarterbacks do but in winds above 20 mph Peyton is less than average. Here is a link with a few stats. http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB100014240...2?mobile=y

As long as the ducks he throws are Mallards... he will be OK...
[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

3-3/62 yds/TD in a minute....wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby

We have been told several times that his throwing looks ugly and he is making the odd mistake because he is having his throwing action rebuilt "from the ground up".

Ok, that's fine. But does mean he's not ready to be Henne's backup if the unthinkable happens and Henne gets an early injury ?

I think it might be worth keeping a third QB on the books until BB is through this remodelling process.

Quote:We have been told several times that his throwing looks ugly and he is making the odd mistake because he is having his throwing action rebuilt "from the ground up".

Ok, that's fine. But does mean he's not ready to be Henne's backup if the unthinkable happens and Henne gets an early injury ?

I think it might be worth keeping a third QB on the books until BB is through this remodelling process.
I saw a qoute somewhere from Bradley, I think on Jaguars.com that he will almost certainly be 2nd string and come in if Henne goes down.

Quote:We have been told several times that his throwing looks ugly and he is making the odd mistake because he is having his throwing action rebuilt "from the ground up".

He's the backup

Can we get anything for him in a trade? 

I was at practice today, and I saw him throw one really ugly pass.  I mean, quack quack.   Then he threw some pretty good ones.  He's inconsistent.