Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 09:27 PM by lastonealive.)

Quote:Speed.   He is much faster than Todman.  

Is he? or do you mean in a straight line? 

Todman looked quicker to me when playing running back

Just to add they both ran 4.4 at the combine...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Is he? or do you mean in a straight line? 

Must've been watching two different players, because Denard Robinson split both of the safeties on the way to the endzone before he fumbled.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Its been well documented that he had a nerve issue in his hand and he was a rookie playing a new position but OK we should cut him.
Where in my post did I say the Jaguars should cut him?  He's starting his 2nd season, and as a 5th round pick you cant expect too much his rookie year.

If he looked really bad in Preseason and wasnt injured I mean that would be a different story, but as long as he shows improvement I assume he remains on the roster.

I'm still in the boat of giving Denard the benefit of the doubt about his rookie production, especially considering his hand injury.  We shouldn't, however, forget Todman's impressive 109 yard showing against Buffalo last year.  We have plenty of potential in the running game this year, if just two of them pan out (Gerhart, Todman, Robinson, Johnson), we should consider ourselves in good shape.

DUUUUVVVVAAAAALLLLLL!

Quote:Is he? or do you mean in a straight line?

Yes. I believe he is quite a bit faster.

Todman has a nice burst. It will sometimes get him through a seam or around the edge, but he can't sustain it like D-rob. Robinson has another gear available that Todman doesn't IMO. It gives him that home run ability on what may seem to be a pedestrian play call.

Of course we haven't really seen it yet - but I think it's there.

I actually like Todman Btw, I just think DRob is faster and may potentially be a big playmaker as he continues to acclimate to the position change.

Quote:Yes. I believe he is quite a bit faster.

Todman has a nice burst. It will sometimes get him through a seam or around the edge, but he can't sustain it like D-rob. Robinson has another gear available that Todman doesn't IMO. It gives him that home run ability on what may seem to be a pedestrian play call.

Of course we haven't really seen it yet - but I think it's there.

I actually like Todman Btw, I just think DRob is faster and may potentially be a big playmaker as he continues to acclimate to the position change.

I agree with this, and I'll add that I think DRob has a bit more leg drive than Todman.

The game just needs to slow down for Robinson.  Once that happens, I think his athletic abilities will start to really take hold.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:He did last year after the NFL forced the Jags to ditch the OW designation.
The Jags listed him as a wide receiver after the NFL poop-canned the OW position. Coincidentally, even though the Jags keep talking him up as a running back, he's still listed as a wideout on jaguars.com.

Quote:I'm wondering if he'll even make the final roster.
He makes it on versatility alone. He can be the third or fourth running back, the fifth or sixth receiver, an emergency quarterback and an option on kick returns. Guys who run 4.4 and can do that generally find a way onto the team.

Quote:He has been so hyped up but last season I didnt see the Offensive Weapon, but rather a guy that had tons more opportunities than most to succed but kept failing.
He was a QB in college who was drafted in the fifth round then asked to learn three of the five skill positions on offense, plus return kicks. Anyone would have struggled in that scenario. D-Rob's a two-year project, and Caldwell knew it.

Quote:Only way he makes it is if we keep 4 backs. Toby, Todman, storm, then Denard. (Unless he has an incredible turnaround)
I'd put D-Rob ahead of Storm, all else being equal, because Storm has practice squad eligibility and D-Rob has skills at multiple positions whereas Storm's a pure RB.

the one thing i like about d-rob is his willingness to play anywhere to try and help the team... he's not that guy who want to be QB and only a QB like someone other guys who are famous around these parts... the kid will find his role here and i hope he becomes a fixture.

He's a tremendous athlete.  Once they figure out what to do with him, I'm confident he'll start to see things click.  You're right in the fact that he's willing to do whatever is necessary to be successful.  It doesn't matter where they put him, he's fine with it.  That's a good attitude to have in the NFL, especially if you have the ability to make it pay off.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I agree that he's a great athlete with a lot of potential, he has to translate it though. The coaching staff is going to give him a chance to concentrate on one position which will be to his benefit. I'm interested that he apparently had some nerve damage issues that he's gotten past so we'll see how that impacts his performance as well. He has a huge upside without a doubt.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2014, 07:12 PM by Voltage-.)

Quote:He has been so hyped up but last season I didnt see the Offensive Weapon, but rather a guy that had tons more opportunities than most to succed but kept failing.  The dropped passes the 3.3 rushing average on 20 attempts which included 3 fumbles.  I mean honestly how many other guys would keep getting chances after doing that?  So far he hasnt dropped any passes in the off season let's see how he does in Preseason this year before spectualing how great he will be.

That all being said he was a rookie in a new offense with a new head coach and they tried him at too many positions.  If he focuses on simply being a Running back he has potential.

I must have missed the part where he got "tons of opportunities". I wouldn't call 20 carries a ton. 

You bring up his 3.3 average, yet seemingly everybody here loves Todman and his 3.4?

If we keep 3 RBs Todman will be cut. Ill sigbet anybody on that. 

Quote:If we keep 3 RBs Todman will be cut. Ill sigbet anybody on that. 
You really think Todman makes it over Storm? Remember, Storm's got PS eligibility, and Todman doesn't. If it's close, I think Todman gets the spot on the 53 because of that.

I'm not confident enough to sigbet you, though.

I see Storm making the final roster with Beau Blankenship beating out Terrance Cobb for the PS spot.

So we have...

1. Toby Gerhart

2. Storm Johnson <--I feel he'll earn the primary backup role in camp

3. Denard Robinson or Jordan Todman <--loser of this battle is cut

P.S. Beau Blankenship

'02

Quote:The game just needs to slow down for Robinson.  Once that happens, I think his athletic abilities will start to really take hold.

This x1000.

Quote:If we keep 3 RBs Todman will be cut. Ill sigbet anybody on that. 
I see Gerhart and Robinson as locks.  Todman is likely - especially with his KR ability.  Storm is a likely PS guy IMO.

Outside of that - the interesting factor is whether any of the new guys unseat Ta'ufo'ou at FB.

I can see 3 RBs and a FB on the roster with Storm on the PS. Camp and preseason will be very interesting to watch with this position.

Quote:The game just needs to slow down for Robinson.  Once that happens, I think his athletic abilities will start to really take hold.

Quote:He has been so hyped up but last season I didnt see the Offensive Weapon, but rather a guy that had tons more opportunities than most to succed but kept failing.  The dropped passes the 3.3 rushing average on 20 attempts which included 3 fumbles.  I mean honestly how many other guys would keep getting chances after doing that?  So far he hasnt dropped any passes in the off season let's see how he does in Preseason this year before spectualing how great he will be.

That all being said he was a rookie in a new offense with a new head coach and they tried him at too many positions.  If he focuses on simply being a Running back he has potential.

20 carries, with nerve damage from an unhealed hand injury, on a 4-12 team,  after learning a new position...... How is that a ton of opportunity?

IIRC, RB's can't wear numbers in the teens.  I think we got away with it last year because of him being a hybrid RB/WR/QB.  But with him being distinctively a RB this year I'm pretty sure he will change his number depending on how hard the NFL comes down on it.