Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GERHART vs MOJO...

toby by far , mojo is done

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2014, 11:58 PM by InmanRoshi.)

Gerhart, easily.  Even putting aside his physical decline, Mojo was horrendous at his reads on the outside zone stretch last year.   The only time the Jags could run the ball last year is when they featured Todman on the outside  zone stretch.  

Quote:- - - - - -   

/             \

Toby              \

/                 \  

/                   \

/                     \

/                       \

/                         \

/                           \

\

\

\

\

\

\                                  

Mojo

Exactly...

You cannot compare the past w/the present until the present acquires an past as a Jaguar...

Compare the two in next two years...

NH3...
"AZANE"

<span>"It doesn't bother me that people have written me off, but it's just how they've done it. I understand if I had played bad the year before, then played the way I did [in 2013]. Then, I could understand people saying, 'Oh, he's done.' But I was leading the league in rushing before I broke my foot."- Mojo</span>

<span>=================</span>

<span>I dont understand why everyone assumes Maurice Jones-Drew wont be productive in Oakland.  He is going to split carries, and the Raiders were 12th last year (Jaguars 31) in rushing.  He had a broken foot, and he might never be back to where he was but he's far from done in the NFL.

I hope Toby does beat out Mojo's 2013 year heck even better if he can beat out Mojos 2012 year!   What Maurice Jones-Drew provided the team (prior to his injury 2013) was the ablilty to run, catch, block (great at blocking for a HB), his ability to pick up plays, return, and he was the teams spokesman.</span>

<span>Toby is a power runner but I am not sure about his ablity to catch the ball or go downfield, hopefully with Lee & Robinson it wont be needed.</span>

<span>Toby has a task to live up to Mojo's playing ability...</span>

Quote:<span>"It doesn't bother me that people have written me off, but it's just how they've done it. I understand if I had played bad the year before, then played the way I did [in 2013]. Then, I could understand people saying, 'Oh, he's done.' But I was leading the league in rushing before I broke my foot."- Mojo</span>

<span>=================</span>

<span>I dont understand why everyone assumes Maurice Jones-Drew wont be productive in Oakland.  He is going to split carries, and the Raiders were 12th last year (Jaguars 31) in rushing.  He had a broken foot, and he might never be back to where he was but he's far from done in the NFL.

I hope Toby does beat out Mojo's 2013 year heck even better if he can beat out Mojos 2012 year!   What Maurice Jones-Drew provided the team (prior to his injury 2013) was the ablilty to run, catch, block (great at blocking for a HB), his ability to pick up plays, return, and he was the teams spokesman.</span>

<span>Toby is a power runner but I am not sure about his ablity to catch the ball or go downfield, hopefully with Lee & Robinson it wont be needed.</span>

<span>Toby has a task to live up to Mojo's playing ability...</span>

But the question/discussion topic isn't really about ability though, is it? The question was raised that Jones-Drew will have more total yards than Gerhart, and I just don't think that's going to happen because, as you stated, Jones-Drew is going to be splitting time with McFadden in Oakland.

In his prime, I feel that Jones-Drew was a more complete back than Gerhart but that's not what we're talking about. I think that he can still be effective, but I don't think he will produce more than Gerhart.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Gerhart will win the yardage competition. Mojo will share carriers and that will limit his yardage. If he did get the same number of carriers I still will go with Gerhart! He is a beast and Jag fans will be very happy with his production. The Vikings defensive commented that Gerhart was the hardest back they have played against to bring down. One of our own running backs commented on how he brings the contact to defenders and lays down the wood. I believe he will be the steal of free agency and was only held from starting because he was backup to Peterson. Only time will tell but it will be fun watching him try to stake his claim to secure the starting job. The only thing that can put the stop on his production is if the Oline cannot open holds to get pass the first line of defense. 

I also disagree with the comment that MOJO is faster. He may have been at one time but not today. Gerhart is not just a power back if you watch him running the ball he has very good vision and he can make quick moves in traffic and make defenders miss. I am very high on the guy and hope I am right about his play. GO Jags

Quote:"It doesn't bother me that people have written me off, but it's just how they've done it. I understand if I had played bad the year before, then played the way I did [in 2013]. Then, I could understand people saying, 'Oh, he's done.' But I was leading the league in rushing before I broke my foot."- Mojo

=================

Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, LT, Christian Okoye, and Earl Campbell sent Mojo a post card from the old folks home.

It just read, "See you soon!"

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The homer in me wants to say Toby, But my brain is telling me MJD. Yes hes splitting with Dmac but hes done that before and I think MJD gets more carries. Like someone else said hes motivated and in shape. Unlike most I dont think MJD is all that done. Is he on the decline? Yes.  I say he has atleast has 2 more solid yrs(This yr and next), not the top 5 yrs like we've seen in the past tho. It really depends on Henne and the passing game tho. If they do work ill change my vote to Toby,Cause if hes facing 8 and 9 man fronts I don't like his chances.

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 12:12 PM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, LT, Christian Okoye, and Earl Campbell sent Mojo a post card from the old folks home.

It just read, "See you soon!"
Dude was a beast to smh.... I use to watch KC just for him.

100% Gerhart despite the inevitable McFadden mid-season injury which will allow MOJO to be the featured back for Oakland.

DUUUUVVVVAAAAALLLLLL!

Quote:Dude was a beast to smh.... I use to watch KC just for him.

It's the nature of the beast at RB, when you hit 29 then you're living on borrowed time.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:100% Gerhart despite the inevitable McFadden mid-season injury which will allow MOJO to be the featured back for Oakland.

Good point.  Then again, Oakland plays a ridiculously hard schedule in which they'll probably have to abandon the running game by half time in order to make up scoreboard differential.  

Gerhart will have a better 2014 campaign than mojo.

MJD won't get 500 yards this year he's done he's been done
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Good point.  Then again, Oakland plays a ridiculously hard schedule in which they'll probably have to abandon the running game by half time in order to make up scoreboard differential.  

Same with the Jags...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Some good points have been made...

I think both teams mirror each other in a lot of ways... both are searching for a QB and WR's... I think the Raiders do have an edge when it comes to the OL... the Jags offense has been facing 8-9 man fronts for years now... I don't think that will change much this year either... Gerhart will get his chance to pound the ball, like some on here seems to think he can, often...

Mojo has age and mileage on him that's for sure... but splitting carries helped Fred extend his career a couple of years and I think this will keep him fresh all year long for the Raiders... plus I don't see where some on here thinks Gerhart has better hands than MOJO...  to be honest... I don't think anyone of us has seen enough out of Gerhart to make that statement when I've seen enough of MOJO to know he has no real problems catching the ball...

We will all know soon enough as the season plays out... should be fun keeping up with both of them as the season goes along...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

Quote:I think MJD has more but won't eclipse 1k yards. I think he will only have mpre because im predicting DRob to have a great year. So much so that I plan on drafting him in the late rounds of FF

I totally agree. I think Drob will be Jags number 2 Rb and I also wouldn't be surprised if Todman gets released. Beau Blankenship could knock Todman off roster.

Quote:So that's 4 games where Mojo carries while McFadden is hurt...

...4 games where McFadden carries while Mojo is hurt...

...and 8 games where some other schlub carries the ball while they're both hurt.
LOL

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

I think Gerhart will have more touches than MJD for starters. MJD has lost a step the last few years and now regularly gets caught from behind while Gerhart is young, low mileage, and looks hard to bring down which would account for the YAC. MJD will share touches while Gerhart will be the premier back only a few touches going to Storm and DRob. So I'm putting myself out on the line and predicting Gerhart will break a 1,000 yards and MJD around 700.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

MOJO is going to get as many carries as Gerhart.