Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I am So Tired of these Articles!

Quote:You can just see people who made fun of us in the past just reaching to keep doing so. It is apparent the tide is changing in Jacksonville and I think it upsets some people.
I don't think it upsets anyone but the Jaguars fans who take this stuff personally.  Quite frankly, most of the people who made fun of us who are continuing to reach couldn't care less about the Jaguars.  It's just an easy go to for those who are ill informed. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:...or bad Mexican food.

There is no such thing as bad Mexican food.  I could live on nothing more than enchiladas, tacos, re-fried beans and potatoes for all three meals every day.  Throw in some fried eggs every now and then (huevos rancheros) or maybe some tamales to change it up every now and then and I'm good.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:There is no such thing as bad Mexican food.
You must not get out much.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:You must not get out much.

Heck no.  I have tried to eat at a few Mexican places here in Jagsonville, and it was pretty much  Sick .  I cook my own Mexican food which is really more Southwestern style.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

... or good Mexican food.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Am I missing something?

Other than the comments section, where was the scathing article?

People's feelings are getting hurt by the comments.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:People's feelings are getting hurt by the comments.

Wow, really??

Not for nothing, but when it comes to PFT's comments section, few no teams are immune to criticism. 

Quote:Am I missing something?

Other than the comments section, where was the scathing article?

No you're not missing anything.  While the article was written like it was by somebody that isn't a fan, there is really nothing wrong with it.  Yes us tax payers are footing a portion of the bill, but the stadium is city property and it's being improved.  There's nothing wrong with improving property.  The Wifi upgrade will be a nice thing for some fans, especially during the "tv timeouts", halftime, etc.

The fact is, the stadium is not solely used for Jaguars games.  The upgrade is a big improvement.

Quote:No you're not missing anything.  While the article was written like it was by somebody that isn't a fan, there is really nothing wrong with it.  

Thats pretty much how I saw it as well. 

Quote:No you're not missing anything.  While the article was written like it was by somebody that isn't a fan, there is really nothing wrong with it.  Yes us tax payers are footing a portion of the bill, but the stadium is city property and it's being improved.  There's nothing wrong with improving property.  The Wifi upgrade will be a nice thing for some fans, especially during the "tv timeouts", halftime, etc.

The fact is, the stadium is not solely used for Jaguars games.  The upgrade is a big improvement.

The article dismisses the facts that the team is actually picking up $1.8 million, and the remaining money is being used from savings they've had with the bigger construction project. 

Since this is a league mandate to upgrade the wifi in NFL stadiums, I wonder how many teams are doing exactly what the Jaguars are here, especially with multipurpose, publicly owned facilities like EverBank?  Why is this news because it's the Jaguars?

Bad Mexican food. Never heard of it. I don't think such a thing exists.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:The article dismisses the facts that the team is actually picking up $1.8 million, and the remaining money is being used from savings they've had with the bigger construction project. 

Since this is a league mandate to upgrade the wifi in NFL stadiums, I wonder how many teams are doing exactly what the Jaguars are here, especially with multipurpose, publicly owned facilities like EverBank?  Why is this news because it's the Jaguars?

Interesting... I didn't realize that it was a league mandate to upgrade the wifi in stadiums.

I would guess that it's "news" because it was posted on local news and picked up by the hack website that the article is posted on.

Quote:Bad Mexican food. Never heard of it. I don't think such a thing exists.

I tried to explain that to "Rich Head", but I don't think he gets it.

Quote:Interesting... I didn't realize that it was a league mandate to upgrade the wifi in stadiums.

I would guess that it's "news" because it was posted on local news and picked up by the hack website that the article is posted on.

The article also fails to mention that this money is coming from bed taxes generated by local hotels, and is not coming out of the pockets of local taxpayers. 

Quote:The article also fails to mention that this money is coming from bed taxes generated by local hotels, and is not coming out of the pockets of local taxpayers. 

That's true also, and something that slipped my mind.  I remember reading about that.

Quote:I tried to explain that to "Rich Head", but I don't think he gets it.
I practically live on the stuff. :yes:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I practically live on the stuff. :yes:

Mexican food and beer... it's what's for breakfast!  Laughing

Quote:Mexican food and beer... it's what's for breakfast!  Laughing
+1 :thumbsup:

Quote:Bad Mexican food. Never heard of it. I don't think such a thing exists.

I agree. Love me some Mexican food.