Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart's name keeps coming up win Daniel Jeremiah talks to personnel guys around the league

Quote:Honestly I can't wait for the time where defenses have to pay us honest.

The last few years have been tough to watch with defenses just teeing up on our predictable pay calling. Things are gonna change, I can feel it

thanks, Beck. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully word stops spreading. I'm hoping to pick him up late in my fantasy draft

Quote:Hopefully word stops spreading. I'm hoping to pick him up late in my fantasy draft

Its still a Jacksonville player. They tend to fly under the radar. It took MoJo awhile before he became a fantasy football staple. 

Quote:I saw the name Gerhart and the letters 'k' 'e' and 'e' and panicked.

Yeah, me too.

Quote:all this talk of Gerhart is ruining my fantasy draft plan

Naw, I'm pretty sure that Gerhart will be a easy pick up in most fantasy leagues.  I'm sure he'll be available beyond round 4 in the league I will play.  Of course those brosephs are mainly cowboy fans, so they have no concept of the footballs.

Quote:thanks, Beck. 

Well done, sir.

Quote:Hopefully word stops spreading. I'm hoping to pick him up late in my fantasy draft

Even if word spreads, he's still a Jaguar...  He'll be there late.  He's a beast for sure.  But it really does depend on the rest of the offense as to whether he's gonna be successfull.  Like a poster said, the O-line has to perform and the QB has to make the safeties fear the pass.  It's gonna be a toss up.  

Plus, who knows how often we'll see the red zone.  Fantasy is mainly about picking based on the prior season.  Our prior season was pretty abysmal....

Quote:I saw the name Gerhart and the letters 'k' 'e' and 'e' and panicked.
Same here...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Hopefully Toby will be able to be a star in Jacksonville. As he has the potential to do that.

The Jags are trying to build Seahawks East under ex-Seattle assistant Gus Bradley. That means a conservative pass scheme, a fearsome defense and Gerhart playing the Marshawn Lynch workhorse role. "Knowing he was going to have to pass protect, catch the ball out of the backfield and get tough yardage, he was a really good fit for us," said Caldwell. "He'll be a great asset." Gerhart, who posted an impressive 4.72 YPC as Adrian Peterson's backup over the last four years, is a chain-mover with similar size and athletic measureables to Eddie Lacy. Toby has a real shot at 300 carries in Jacksonville

From site mentioned by OP

=-==============================

If you look back at Pete Carroll he was 7-9 his first two years in Seattle (they did make it to the playoffs only because their division was so weak), until 2012 (even though they went further in the playoffs their 1st season) and won the SuperBowl last year.

We should expect improvement with the roster, and the young rookies to develop but to put expectations of 10 plus wins is unrealistic with this roster.  I do think Toby was a great Free Agency pick up but 300 carries seems a bit much considering Mojo only did it twice during his 8 year career with Jacksonville.

Quote:The fact that he's a weapon as a receiver will certainly help.

Hasn't Fisch said the goal is to go 60ish/40ish with the emphasis being on the run?

IIRC, he said in an interview the desire was 52/48 favoring the run.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:IIRC, he said in an interview the desire was 52/48 favoring the run.
That was it.  Hence the "ish" in my statement.  Couldn't remember the figure.

The bottom line here is that the team is going to be focused on establishing the run.  Gerhart is going to be a major fixture in what the offense looks like this year. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Its still a Jacksonville player. They tend to fly under the radar. It took MoJo awhile before he became a fantasy football staple. 

Not being able to get past our own 37 yard line until the 4th quarter Vs KC last year helps solidify peoples perception.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014, 10:00 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

At minimum, there are at least 20 RBs going before Toby (unless you are drafting with a bunch of local people).

Quote:Yeah, me too.
What were y'all thinking.

Quote:At minimum, there are at least 20 RBs going before Toby (unless you are drafting with a bunch of local people).
Hopefully he turns out to be a bargain that far down the list.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Hopefully he turns out to be a bargain that far down the list.

There won't be 20 RB that go before Gerhart in most fantasy drafts.....at least those that are filled with people that use their head for something more than a hat rack. 

by the way....you going to actually draft your team this year in Trav's league, FBT? Or are you going to let the autodraft do the work for you again?.... :whistling: 

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014, 12:32 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:There won't be 20 RB that go before Gerhart in most fantasy drafts.....at least those that are filled with people that use their head for something more than a hat rack. 

Enlighten me if you wil ....

QB - Henne

RB - Toby - 15 carries per game @ 4 YPC = 60 yards + 20 receiving yards.   TDs are limited as we'll likely average 20 ppg this year.

OL - below average

WR -  Cecil Sims Walker and 2 Rookies that can't even make it through mini camp - Ace may be our best WR for duration of the year.

TE - Lewis

just checked .... espn has him at #30 in value.   Personally, I think the list from #19 and below can all be thrown in a bucket and picked randomly.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/stor...k-rankings

He's going in the 4th round in 12-man drafts.  If he really does end up as our workhorse and Storm is just the relief, then that will be a heck of a steal for anyone drafting him.  Guys like that are going in the late first and early second at the latest.

Quote:There won't be 20 RB that go before Gerhart in most fantasy drafts.....at least those that are filled with people that use their head for something more than a hat rack. 

by the way....you going to actually draft your team this year in Trav's league, FBT? Or are you going to let the autodraft do the work for you again?.... :whistling:

I won a league using auto draft, and went to the playoffs in another?  Your point?

I really hope Toby can help us when more than 4 games this year.

Quote:I really hope Toby can help us when more than 4 games this year.

When more than 4 games this year what?